Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2003 ABS info on recall work
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Handlebar Holder Recall
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby xwelder Yesterday at 9:12 am

» It's that time of year again.
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:31 pm

» Silverwing 600 Owner
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:47 am

» I Need Help With The Brake Bleeding
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:57 pm

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:35 pm

» A strange howl
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby 53Scooterguy Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:56 am

» Tip For Bleeding Brakes
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:58 am

» Brake/Start Switch Availability
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:31 am

» Passenger Back rest
Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Got some Honda emblems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2022-02-20

Got some Honda emblems  Empty
PostSubject: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 11:20 pm

Ebay again. These are pretty nice. The top ones are actually metal. The other ones look like good quality. First you peel the back, then stick-em on. The front adhesive sheet keeps them spaced correctly.

Not sure where I'll put them, if I put them on the bike. Maybe just even use the wings. 🤔

Oh! That's it. Maybe just use the "wings" part of the bottom ones for the fairing! Then I could use the 3d Honda letters right over the top of the decal on the back. Or remove the decal if its not the same size. 👍🤔

Got some Honda emblems  20220333
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 9:29 am

Make sure you post up some pics once you have them mounted.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 2:51 pm

Those are neat. I've always wanted to add a couple of emblems to my SW but I can never decide where to put what. It's easy to make the SW look 'tacky' because of its lines. I quite like the subtlety of that one on the tail fairing and I wouldn't change it.

The metal ones you have there would look cool on the front fairing somewhere, especially if you could shape them to the fairing contours. (I'm guessing they are slightly pliable).
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 3:27 pm

""Even if you go down in flames, at least you were on fire"" cheers thumbs up Laughing
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 3:37 pm

This 'play on words' can only be said in the English language.

The best commercial one I've ever heard/seen was when the BBC started streaming. Their tag line was:
"BBC iPlayer, making the Unmissable, Unmissable".
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4415
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 4:13 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
(Snip) I can never decide where to put what. (Snip)
The metal ones you have there would look cool on the front fairing somewhere, especially if you could shape them to the fairing.

I’ve always thought that something like an emblem would nice to apply atop the seam between the floor skirt and the lower front fairing to break up the color contrast for those models which used titanium floor skirts on darker color body panels.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 1:45 am

OK, well. I ended up only using the small "Wing" emblem and applied it just under the blinkers on the fairing. I didn't know it at the time, but you may note that this is precisely where the "Gold Wing", which is a very, very cool vehicle, has a similar badge. Most people would not refer to Gold Wing badges as "Cheap" or "Tacky".

I thought it looked quite appropriate, but it may in fact be a bit too small.
Got some Honda emblems  20220343

I used the small, and quite classy, "Honda" lettering on my top box.
Got some Honda emblems  20220345

I did apply the metal Honda Wing and Logo to the tank cover near the floorboards. I will be removing them as they seem a bit too big and maybe a bit of overkill. Ultimately, I may just use them in the garage.

I will say that these logos and emblems were placed in such a classy and attractive manner, I was propositioned by a very comely young lady on my ride today. I had stopped at a local park and the cute young thing said "Your extra logos are so cool! Would you like to have sex with me right now?"

I gave her a peck on the cheek, and explained that, a guy like me, with such classy and understated logos and emblems on his scooter was of course already spoken for. I regretfully had to leave her there crying and broken hearted.

She chased after me, in vain, for about 26 blocks before I finally had mercy on her and gave it the gas. She's the girl in the upper left of this image under the cherry blossom tree.
Got some Honda emblems  20220347

Here is a "close up" of the stricken love child, from the picture above. Notice the effect that the emblems had on the poor, defenseless, yet quite alluring little vixen.

Got some Honda emblems  20220346

So, if you do acquire some of these high quality and quite classy emblems.... please, use them with caution. And try not to take advantage of all the sweet young things throwing their nubile bodies at you from all angles. YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 8:07 am

The wings below the indicators and the badges on the top box look OK to me. The metal badges just above the foot boards may succumb to damage from your riding boots though.

I'm constantly fighting off young nubile girls with a sh***y stick, just by owning a SW!
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 1:27 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
..... The metal badges just above the foot boards may succumb to damage from your riding boots though....

Yes, I don't really have a use for those large black and chrome ones. Tried them in a few different spots, they just don't work... 🤔
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4415
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Got some Honda emblems    Got some Honda emblems  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Gentlemen, please stop.

I’m not going to delete this topic but if these snarky comments continue I’ll be forced to delete a lot of these tit for tat posts.

Admin Edit:
You children can’t seem to behave yourselves. Posts have been deleted. Topic locked
Back to top Go down

Got some Honda emblems
Page 1 of 1