Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi Side cases

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Givi Side cases Empty
PostSubject: Givi Side cases   Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 8:41 pm

Here's something that is hard to find this SW is for sale in Oregon on Cycle Trader. $ 5000 2009 17K with Givi side cases. I could pack a bit in those.Givi Side cases Wing10
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Givi Side cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Side cases   Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 7:27 am

Interesting Silver Wing. Maybe the previous owner spent time on here and imported what are probably Fehling pannier rails to fit those Givi 46 litre panniers/saddlebags/side cases on. It's an added bonus for anyone over the Pond wanting a Silver Wing to do a bit of touring with the lady wife.

I'm not a fan of hard panniers these days, they're fine for carry stuff securely but unless you have some type of inner bags, using them as suitcases can be impractical as the backs can get covered in dirt and road crap. Which can cause problems if you check into a nice hotel plonk them on top of your nice clean bed to unpack.

I had the same sized Givi pannier as a top on a used 2002 Yamaha YP Majesty 250 I bought years ago. I found it impractical for my needs as it took a full face helmet and not much else.

One thing I noticed when I fitted Givi soft throw over bags when Mrs M used to tour with me, they have to sit higher on the flanks of the Silver Wing away from the exhaust heat and don't get covered in crud.

That design of Givi pannier also reminds me of the early Burgman 250 from the Nineties The German importers used to offer a rear rack tomount a single pannier/saddle bag/ side case in the vertical position, it looked as weird as it sounds explaining it.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Givi Side cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Side cases   Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 7:47 am

Those are neat bags, for sure. Since I live in the Western US and don't get much rain they would probably work fine. Meldrew, with my Goldwing 1800 I had inner bags that made it VERY nice to pack and unpack.

This said, I don't think $5000 is a reasonable or obtainable price.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Givi Side cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Side cases   Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 7:56 am

I had the same bags on late model CB750 Nighthawk-----they wiggle...as side opening, all your junk falls out when you open them----Wonder how they would screw up SilverWing handling?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Givi Side cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Side cases   Givi Side cases I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 6:44 am

Whoever buys this Silver Wing can always sell the panniers/side cases and mounting rails to maybe someone on here that wants to kit their scooter out with them then buy an Airflow screen with the money from the sale.

Or maybe add a Givi Monorack and use one of the cases as a top box. Or add a Monorack and buy another similar sized Givi case as a top box, and they'll have about 200 litres of capacity to carry their junk.
Back to top Go down

Givi Side cases
Page 1 of 1