Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around

Go down 
+5
Loosemarbles
r1dbb
Erdoc48
SWingSteve
Green7
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Green7
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2021-07-26

ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  Empty
PostSubject: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 8:31 am

Hi,

I've searched on the subject and can see that ABS light issues can be down to a battery that is not fully charged but was wondering if my issue had been experienced by other riders

Basically on start up and ride off the ABS light stays on. Stop and turn off the engine, restart and ride away and the light goes out. This happens each and every time I use the bike, the second start up and ride away extinguishes the ABS light

I plan to investigate fully at the weekend but was just wondering if someone had experienced this before and what their fix was
Back to top Go down
SWingSteve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2022-06-14

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 9:40 pm

Hi Green7,
I just saw your thread when I was searching this same problem. While I don't quite know why it's happening, I do experience something very similar. Mine seems when started cold in the morning and I idle for any length of time without the park brake on, to light and not go away when riding, until I stop, shut off and start off again. It does seem if I start and pull away right afterwards then it goes out every time. Strange. The couple of times I did start it and let it idle when my park brake was applied it went away afterwards once I released the park brake and set off quickly.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2022 11:55 am

I’m not sure about this, but isn’t that the normal function of the ABS system (meaning that seems like the way it should be)? Mine is the same- stays on until I ride away (while the engine is on), then the ABS light goes out.
Back to top Go down
r1dbb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2022 3:20 pm

That is what it is supposed to do same with any ABS. ECU has to check all is well before extinguishing the light - if it stays on then there is a problem - similarly if it doesn't come on at all
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 3:38 am

I don't have ABS but reading Green7's and SwingSteve's problems has left me a little confused.

Green7, are you riding, after setting off, for long enough to allow the light to go out before switching off and setting off a second time?

SwingSteve's problem sounds similar but with a relation to the parking brake light.

In either case, they don't sound like normal behaviour. More information might be needed here to help further.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 2:01 pm

The abs light doesn't extinguish until you get to around 6 mph. If it's still on after that then there's a problem
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:47 pm

It obvious you have and intermittent issue, the troubleshooting procedure is very easy/straightforward on chapter 17 of Service Manual, but I suspect more of a poor/bad/wet/dirty connection somewhere in the system, check security of sensors at wheels and speed sensor aft end of cvt case, also check/clean all sensors wiring connecting plugs, etc. Also, common ground point behind left cover, for corrosion, etc., easier things 1st, lastly the connector at ABS modulator behind front cover/fairing Sad

BTW, I don't believe is a fuse but remove and reinstall just to clean contacts, Good luck.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1019
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2022 1:35 pm

Just FYI, but little over a year ago, took my SW out of storage to clean it up for operation... after a wash and general checkup, rode it around a circuitous route back to my driveway and saw the ABS lite still on... Shut the bike off, restarted and took off again... the lite went off as normal so I repeated my route and started over after again giving it a thorough visual lookover... operation has been normal ever since... so, good luck... hope yours isn't too difficult to solve... and I might add that I had been tinkering with my battery system too and may have had some sort of effect on it as has been mentioned above...
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2022 8:16 pm

If the ABS light stays on it has a stored code you need to jump the connector and follow the procedure to read it. Do you have a service manual? Section 17-2.

Could be anything from a bad sensor, wheel bearing or just some metal sticking to sensor they are magnetic. Find the code front or rear will give you a place to start.

Back to top Go down
Green7
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2021-07-26

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2022 1:50 am

Hi,
The fault was traced to a loose battery connection. I just nipped the screw on one of the terminals up and problem solved

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around    ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2022 4:42 am

Aah, those pesky battery terminals. Glad to hear you fixed it and thanks for posting the solution. It had the makings of a malfunction thumbs up
Back to top Go down

ABS Light Fail To Extinguish First Time Around
Page 1 of 1