Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 22:47

» I said Farewell...
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 15:12

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 05:05

» LF extended back rest
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 14:21

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed 24 Apr 2024, 09:28

» Drive belt prices
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed 24 Apr 2024, 07:28

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed 24 Apr 2024, 05:37

» Rear shock longevity
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue 23 Apr 2024, 17:11

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue 23 Apr 2024, 12:01

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun 21 Apr 2024, 13:37

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? Empty
PostSubject: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2021, 16:00

Went for a trip into town today by the long route, about 8 miles each way. I whacked the throttle on the carriageways and took it steady through the traffic.

The SW felt as though she just couldn't be bothered with the ride. She was rough and noisy at all speeds and conditions and vibrating more than usual. I'm sure that the next time I take her out that she will be much more co-operative.

I've had this before on odd occasions and I just put it down to air temperature, humidity and my mood.

Does your SW have off-days?
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2021, 23:34

So far, So good with my 08 SWing. Although sometimes depending on the road surface I will get "vibrations" but I blame it on the road and not the SWing.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2021, 02:07

Check the oil level, it might be a wee bit down.
There again it could just be atmospherics. Bikes seem to run better early in the day when the air is cold and dense, conversely when the humidity is up they don't.
This used to be very obvious on carb bikes, but even the best FI systems notice it.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2021, 14:08

My Silver Wing doesn't have an off day but I often do pale
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2021, 14:26

Well, depending on which way you look at it, maybe my SW was having a day-off What a Face
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2021, 14:38

I think I've got it. I went for a 20 mile ride today starting with uphill from a cold engine. Went round town and then took a 3 mile open road, 70 to 80mph. Blasting up to 90mph for a moment, the old gal was fine.

I put my SW's off-day down to; recently cleaned clutch shoes; clean up of the primary drive and unsettling of the drive belt. I had a slight high-frequency vibration on take-off but I reckon that will settle with a few more more miles.

I thought I would post this for anybody with an 'older' SW or for anybody who is never perfectly happy with their SW's idiosyncrasies. cheers
Back to top Go down
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2021, 16:05

Tell me where atmospherics come into it in England, mine runs the same morning, noon or night and from a freezing cold start to running in hot weather solo or two up. Probably just wanted a good blow out in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2021, 16:45

It has been said that we live in a 'microclimate' here. I can be riding in the sunshine whilst looking at falling rain just a few miles inland. On the other hand, I can leave home in thick fog and find lovely sunshine just a mile's ride up the hill, about 800ft. Beachy Head has strange effect on the weather.

It's really tough deciding on what gear to wear when setting off!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?   Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does your Silverwing have an 'off-day'?
Page 1 of 1