Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on

Go down 
+3
sonuvabug
Loosemarbles
Mottza
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2021-07-21

MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Empty
PostSubject: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Today I collected Mike's Honda Silverwing whilst on holiday in the North East of England (which is lovely area and not full of tourists).

Gave it quick wash with a soapy rag and will give it a full valet and check over hopefully on Saturday.

Plan to bleed the brakes, replace the rear shocks, maybe change the belt and rollers. And look to what else needs a look (eg transmission oil). Mike looks after his bikes so I know there won't be any horrors.

A hours ride back to Darlington was quite pleasant and think I need to get used to it more. The power on the A1(M) is very nice.

MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2017
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2019
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2018
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 3:14 pm

Wow, nice looking SW. Well looked after and I'm sure you'll keep it that way. The shine on that paintwork it lovely.

Did you ride it back to Essex?
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Not yet. Its final major leg of the journey is in Friday.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 4:13 pm

Very nice looking ride! The black paint really shines.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 10:41 am

I need to respond to certain remarks:

The brakes do not need bleeding but are typical 'silverwing' in that the levers are quite 'soft'. I've had three - one from new and the others low-mileage and well-maintained - so know what they should be like...... and they are.
I doubt very much that either belt or rollers need replacement after only just over 11,000 miles.
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am

To add. I'm am very happy with the Wing. Mike was honest with any questions I had.

Some of the items I propose to do are for peace of mind and not that the bike is in bad condition. He also supplied replacement rear shocks, the left deflector and the givi box. He also kindly gave me a tunnel bag FOC!

Mike let me have the bike at good price which I appreciate and made me very welcome in his home.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Well it's always good to get to know your bike. It's obviously sound enough to it ride from Darlington to Essex, (that's probably a visit to the shops in USA geography terms!), but I envy you the ride.

Keep us all posted thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 5:03 am

I gave the Silverwing a good valet over the weekend. It washed up well after muc-off (dirt remover), autoglym snow foam, black polish, meguiars carnauba wax, auto glym bumper care and autosol (chrome polish)

MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2021
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2022
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2020
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2025
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2024
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2023
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2027
MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2026

I took it out for a 180 mile ride on Sunday to meet a few friends at Rykas (Bikers meet/cafe south of London) and getting used to its size and weight (although I do sometime understeer on roundabouts which will stop as I ride it more). 500 miles in and I'm very happy. I caught in in some crazy rain on the rain home, and I was impressed on how the wing coped with severe weather. I did pull off for my own safety as I was soaked and visibility was reduced to a couple of car lengths.

Off out tonight for a big bike meet (on Englands largest village green).
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 7:12 am

Looking good, Chris!

Glad you're enjoying it. :-)
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 11:41 pm

You did a great job on it Chris!! I'll give you $20 to come do mine but you'll have to pay your own way... Or maybe I could do it myself. Maybe... LOL
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 5:48 am

I would come, but you know covid restrictions and all that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nooner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-11-16

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 1:40 pm

Wow! You've got her looking in showroom condition. I think I may have a tiny bit of scooter envy.
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 3:14 pm

MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on Img_2028
Had to go to Southend for an appointment this afternoon. Decided to take the country lanes way back via Bicanacre, Tolleshunt and Layer De Haye. Getting used to the Silverwing now.
Back to top Go down
Dutch SilverWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dutch SilverWing

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2020-07-16

PostSubject: Re: MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on   MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 1:28 pm

Congratulations on a very beautifull SW
Have fun riding and Stay safe 🙏🏻
Back to top Go down

MikeO's Honda Silverwing moves on
Page 1 of 1