Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:16 am

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

» Parting Out An 09 - Lots of Good Parts
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby Dabutcher Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:13 am

» Butt got itchy... Bought another Silverwing
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:06 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 pm

» Hi there guys
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:47 am

» New to Me Swing
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:40 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 

 

 Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side

Go down 
+3
Meldrew
Cosmic_Jumper
Japcati
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 5:09 am

Just wondering,would fitting an exhaust cam on the inlet side and tweaking the cam timing (slotted cam pulleys) gain much extra hp??
Anyone here done it yet?

It's a trick that's done on other bikes,and it works well.


Last edited by Japcati on Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper


Number of posts : 4416
Age : 81
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 10535
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 9:10 am

Why…just why?

The Silverwing is a touring class scooter. Not a hooligan hayabusa. 

It’s been said that the Silverwing was developed by a Zen master so that he could enjoy the cherry blossoms falling.







Feet forward, enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew


Number of posts : 4174
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 9189
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 10:37 am

I'm quite fascinated reading this list of bits and parts that Japcati is either purchasing or enquiring about. To be a 'new' Silver Wing owner and within a few days of ownership and with limited experience of it's  strengths to have such a comprehensive shopping list.


Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel


Number of posts : 3294
Age : 84
Points : 9227
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:00 am

Does not matter what you do, you end up with scooter.....probably not as good as Honda designed it.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB


Number of posts : 223
Age : 47
Location : North West UK
Points : 5153
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:15 am

Hi,
Agree with all of the above, sounds like you are looking for an entirely different bike.

The Silverwing is a touring maxi scooter with plenty of power for real world riding.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:23 am

Lads,I race and track race bikes on various European Tracks.
I ride 200+hp super bikes on the road aswell.
I like messing around with bikes and seeing what can be done with them.
So please don't start with all this crap of "it's a scooter and go look for a different bike instead".

I hate those type of snide, moronic and ignorant posts.
Keep them to yourself,if that's all you have to say.
Thanks.


Last edited by Japcati on Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB


Number of posts : 223
Age : 47
Location : North West UK
Points : 5153
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:37 am

Hi Japcati,

Don’t think anyone on here is a moron just offering a bit of advice as there is a lot of scooter riding spannering experience on here.



Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 11:40 am

JamieB wrote:
Hi Japcati,

Don’t think anyone on here is a moron just offering a bit of advice as there is a lot of scooter riding spannering experience on here.



Nobody has actually offered or given any actual advice here so far,just the usual snide,ignorant and moronic comments that I was kinda expecting,as I posted this topic.

So if these people cant help or dont want to help with proper information or technical information,then they should just keep those  type of "comments" to themselves.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I'm quite fascinated reading this list of bits and parts that Japcati is either purchasing or enquiring about. To be a 'new' Silver Wing owner and within a few days of ownership and with limited experience of it's  strengths to have such a comprehensive shopping list.

FYI.....I've been riding maxi scooters for quite a number of years,modified and tuned up a few too while not racing or doing European track events.
I've also tuned up almost all of my current road going Touring Bikes,Supermotards,and Superbikes too.

Now before you try get all smart or thick with me again, who said I havent googled about Silverwing tuning and modifying, and its weakness too,before purchasing my Silverwing.

Presumption is the mother of all fcukups,so dont ever presume again.
So on that note,I suggest you engage your brain,before you type any more posts here.


Enjoy your Saturday evening.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier


Number of posts : 299
Age : 74
Location : Northumberland, UK
Points : 3515
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 2:16 pm

Where's Iteland ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 2:22 pm

terrier wrote:
Where's Iteland ?   scratch

That's the best you can do,really????

Jesus fcukin wept........🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier


Number of posts : 299
Age : 74
Location : Northumberland, UK
Points : 3515
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 2:27 pm

Don't get your knickers in a twist. Just asking a simple question. Chill Cool
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 2:29 pm

terrier wrote:
Don't get your knickers in a twist. Just asking a simple question. Chill Cool

I'm amazed with your technical and tuning knowledge and posts here,absolutely amazed by them....🤔🤣
You have an enjoyable Saturday evening now.sunny
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier


Number of posts : 299
Age : 74
Location : Northumberland, UK
Points : 3515
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Thank you for your kind words. All noted and filed appropriately Cool
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew


Number of posts : 4174
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 9189
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Japcati wrote:
I've also tuned up almost all of my current road going Touring Bikes,Supermotards,and Superbikes too.

If you're such a whizz on the track, and in the workshop with this stable tuned up of tuned up road bikes you say you have, why are you asking about trying to get a bit more poke out of maxi scooter that has long been considered an old mans bike. (I kind of switched off when you mentioned riding 200+ hp road bikes on the roads of Iteland Rolling Eyes )



Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Japcati wrote:
I've also tuned up almost all of my current road going Touring Bikes,Supermotards,and Superbikes too.

If you're such a whizz on the track, and in the workshop with this stable tuned up of tuned up road bikes you say you have, why are you asking about anything on here. (I kind of switched off when you mentioned riding 200+ hp road bikes on the roads of Iteland Rolling Eyes )


Why do you feel the need to be a wannabe smart arse twat??

You ask questions to gain knowledge that you might not know of yet.

Now,if you cant post in a nice meaningful manner in the very 1st place, then you should please sit down,stop posting to me, and STFU.

Enjoy your evening.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew


Number of posts : 4174
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 9189
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Japcati wrote:
Why do you feel the need to be a wannabe smart arse twat??

It comes natural to me, some say it's a gift, and I'm paid a handsome retainer to be a Visiting Curmudgeon. I'm brightening up your mundane life, getting your post count up, and you've finally learned how to spell Ireland correctly.

Keep replying, I'm enjoying my evening.

Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Japcati wrote:
Why do you feel the need to be a wannabe smart arse twat??

It comes natural to me, some say it's a gift,  and I'm paid a handsome retainer to be a Visiting Curmudgeon. I'm brightening up your mundane life, getting your post count up, and you've finally learned how to spell Ireland correctly.

Keep replying, I'm enjoying my evening.


Nah mate,I dont entertain clueless fools like your good self,who's only quip is to try be all big and smart here by posting useless crap,and from your 1st post here on this thread.
.
And you my friend,are clearly 1 of those people.
Your very own posts show you up as a person who wants to be seen as all smart,and a wannabe know it all twat.But my dear friend,the reality of your posts is that you haven't got a fcuking clue.

So on that note,I'll leave you to it.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew


Number of posts : 4174
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 9189
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper


Number of posts : 4416
Age : 81
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 10535
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Japcati wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
Japcati wrote:
Why do you feel the need to be a wannabe smart arse twat??

It comes natural to me, some say it's a gift,  and I'm paid a handsome retainer to be a Visiting Curmudgeon. I'm brightening up your mundane life, getting your post count up, and you've finally learned how to spell Ireland correctly.

Keep replying, I'm enjoying my evening.


Nah mate,I dont entertain clueless fools like your good self,who's only quip is to try be all big and smart here by posting useless crap,and from your 1st post here on this thread.
.
And you my friend,are clearly 1 of those people.
Your very own posts show you up as a person who wants to be seen as all smart,and a wannabe know it all twat.But my dear friend,the reality of your posts is that you haven't got a fcuking clue.

So on that note,I'll leave you to it.


You’re throwing out a lot of disparaging remarks for the new lad here. We’d like to hear (well some of us anyway) more about your projects. But you’ll need to read the room and mind your manners.

However to your inquiry regarding extracting the maximum of power from the FSC/FJS engine. When it gets down to the bottom line, any mods made will likely be hamstrung by the ECM.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Japcati wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
Japcati wrote:
Why do you feel the need to be a wannabe smart arse twat??

It comes natural to me, some say it's a gift,  and I'm paid a handsome retainer to be a Visiting Curmudgeon. I'm brightening up your mundane life, getting your post count up, and you've finally learned how to spell Ireland correctly.

Keep replying, I'm enjoying my evening.


Nah mate,I dont entertain clueless fools like your good self,who's only quip is to try be all big and smart here by posting useless crap,and from your 1st post here on this thread.
.
And you my friend,are clearly 1 of those people.
Your very own posts show you up as a person who wants to be seen as all smart,and a wannabe know it all twat.But my dear friend,the reality of your posts is that you haven't got a fcuking clue.

So on that note,I'll leave you to it.


You’re throwing out a lot of disparaging remarks for the new lad here. We’d like to hear (well some of us anyway) more about your projects. But you’ll need to read the room and mind your manners.

However to your inquiry regarding extracting the maximum of power from the FSC/FJS engine. When it gets down to the bottom line, any mods made will likely be hamstrung by the ECM.

People want to be all smart with me from the word go,then they will get it back off me 10 fold.
I asked a specific question,that so far nobody has actually answered,or seems to be capable of answering,and yet all these people can do is post the usual stupid,snide,idotic and moronic posts.

You wanna talk about manners??
Maybe direct that comment of yours towards those members in question with regards "their" posts,including "your own initial post" here too.
Thanks for your posts and your "thoughts" with regards that matter..

Oh and the ECU and its coding can be easily rewritten and live mapped on the dyno,which I will be happy to have done by a mapping friend of mine,once I have fitted all the supporting tuning parts and performed the various modifications.

Cylinder head and exhaust headers are a serious bodge job by Honda.....(zen master me hole).....which can be made much better,if addressed properly,which I will do.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa


Number of posts : 1381
Location : Allentown PA.
Points : 4513
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Cams are different intake has a lobe on end for Cam pulse pick up. Sensor in head for engine timing control etc.   Exhaust cam has a bit more lift  than intake but it won't work.   I'll stay out of this other than that.  Ride On.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 3:26 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Cams are different intake has a lobe on end for Cam pulse pick up. Sensor in head for engine timing control etc.   Exhaust cam has a bit more lift  than intake but it won't work.   I'll stay out of this other than that.  Ride On.

Thanks for the reply and info.🤘

Looks like a set of regrinds from Web Camshafts or Kent Cams so. Might contact Newman Camshafts too,they reground a set of VTR cams for me before.

Bit of head work,deburing and polishing,and sorting out the restrictive Honda exhaust headers,and that should free up a few extra ponies.🤘
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper


Number of posts : 4416
Age : 81
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 10535
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 5:06 am

Japcati wrote:
Mech 1 twa wrote:
Cams are different intake has a lobe on end for Cam pulse pick up. Sensor in head for engine timing control etc.   Exhaust cam has a bit more lift  than intake but it won't work.   I'll stay out of this other than that.  Ride On.

Thanks for the reply and info.🤘

Looks like a set of regrinds from Web Camshafts or Kent Cams so. Might contact Newman Camshafts too,they reground a set of VTR cams for me before.

Bit of head work,deburing and polishing,and sorting out the restrictive Honda exhaust headers,and that should free up a few extra ponies.🤘

Here’s a link to an earlier discussion about engine mods: 
https://www.silverwing600.com/t4038-engine-mods?highlight=Engine+mods

Also Search gavindavies posts. IIRC he’s done quite a few impressive mods.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 5:14 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Japcati wrote:
Mech 1 twa wrote:
Cams are different intake has a lobe on end for Cam pulse pick up. Sensor in head for engine timing control etc.   Exhaust cam has a bit more lift  than intake but it won't work.   I'll stay out of this other than that.  Ride On.

Thanks for the reply and info.🤘

Looks like a set of regrinds from Web Camshafts or Kent Cams so. Might contact Newman Camshafts too,they reground a set of VTR cams for me before.

Bit of head work,deburing and polishing,and sorting out the restrictive Honda exhaust headers,and that should free up a few extra ponies.🤘

Here’s a link to an earlier discussion about engine mods: 
https://www.silverwing600.com/t4038-engine-mods?highlight=Engine+mods

Also Search gavindavies posts. IIRC he’s done quite a few impressive mods.

Thanks for that.🤘
Banged off an email to both web cams and Newman cams last night,while watching the F1 qualifying highlights.
So be interesting to see what they both say in their replies.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa


Number of posts : 1381
Location : Allentown PA.
Points : 4513
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 8:03 pm

This little engine would be quite impressive at 75HP in a SW. tweaking it costs $$$ to get there.
Limits are the drive system and the way it works not like a manual shift bike. It revs. high enough at 8500 but can't tap that most of the time. Intake and exhaust ports are small and exhaust header has some terrible welds in there at flanges and thin. Throttle bodies are another limit. A little more lift and duration on intake side should work but piston to valve clearance needs to verified.

You say this PCM can be remapped? That would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
This little engine would be quite impressive at 75HP in a SW.  tweaking it costs $$$ to get there.
Limits are the drive system and the way it works not like a manual shift bike. It revs. high enough at 8500 but can't tap that most of the time. Intake and exhaust ports are small and exhaust header has some terrible welds in there at flanges and thin. Throttle bodies are another limit. A little more lift and duration on intake side should work but piston to valve clearance  needs to verified.

You say this PCM can be remapped? That would be nice.
Is there any known upgrade or mods for the throttlebodies?
Or is it a case of milling/boring them out by a milimeter or 2 and fitting larger butterfly plates?
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa


Number of posts : 1381
Location : Allentown PA.
Points : 4513
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 9:36 pm

I don't know of any throttle body upgrades but it could be done maybe? There are coolant passages in them but who knows how far they can be opened? Those plate screws are are sometimes tweaked to prevent them from coming loose and need to be ground to get them out without damaging threads in throttle opening bars. If you go that route be sure to use new screws and loctite them.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 4:05 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
I don't know of any throttle body upgrades but it could be done maybe? There are coolant passages in them but who knows how far they can be opened?   Those plate screws are are sometimes tweaked to prevent them from coming loose and need to be ground to get them out without damaging threads in throttle opening bars.   If you go that route be sure to use new screws and loctite  them.

Thanks for the info and advice.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 8:38 am

Meldrew wrote:
I'm quite fascinated reading this list of bits and parts that Japcati is either purchasing or enquiring about. To be a 'new' Silver Wing owner and within a few days of ownership and with limited experience of it's  strengths to have such a comprehensive shopping list.

So,hows life with you grumph hole?Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side 20230716
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side 20230717
Whats it like going back down to a 300cc scooter these days?
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 8:39 am

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side 20230810
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 10:54 am

john grinsel wrote:
Does not matter what you do, you end up with scooter.....probably not as good as Honda designed it.
Honda did a sh!t job on many of the silverwing parts.
Exhaust ports and the headers being 1 fook up.
They dont even line up ffs,and the shabbiness of the header design and internal blockages is unreal.
Mass production doesnt always mean good quality or performamce.
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider



Number of posts : 60
Location : Ireland
Points : 1118
Registration date : 2021-06-16

Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 10:59 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Japcati wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
Japcati wrote:
Why do you feel the need to be a wannabe smart arse twat??

It comes natural to me, some say it's a gift,  and I'm paid a handsome retainer to be a Visiting Curmudgeon. I'm brightening up your mundane life, getting your post count up, and you've finally learned how to spell Ireland correctly.

Keep replying, I'm enjoying my evening.


Nah mate,I dont entertain clueless fools like your good self,who's only quip is to try be all big and smart here by posting useless crap,and from your 1st post here on this thread.
.
And you my friend,are clearly 1 of those people.
Your very own posts show you up as a person who wants to be seen as all smart,and a wannabe know it all twat.But my dear friend,the reality of your posts is that you haven't got a fcuking clue.

So on that note,I'll leave you to it.


You’re throwing out a lot of disparaging remarks for the new lad here. We’d like to hear (well some of us anyway) more about your projects. But you’ll need to read the room and mind your manners.

However to your inquiry regarding extracting the maximum of power from the FSC/FJS engine. When it gets down to the bottom line, any mods made will likely be hamstrung by the ECM.

Easy to hack with the right comms lead,and software.

And as for minding ones manners,lol.
Poke the bear with a stick 1 too many times,and watch what happens.

RIP Cosmic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side   Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Exhaust Cam on Inlet Side
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Removed Air box Inlet
» New exhaust
» Loud Exhaust options
» GPR exhaust
» SPORT BIKE EXHAUST

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: