Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:11 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?

Go down 
+3
john grinsel
steve_h80
DLK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-01

classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? Empty
PostSubject: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 11:47 am

So I ordered 28-20 tan (pictured)26g slider weights off a ebay seller due to not being able to find 26g anywhere else. Well what I have ended up with are 28-20 28g black sliders. I never knew there were 2 types. The seller admits to it being his mistake but won’t cooperate on switching them for the right ones. Personally I don’t think he as them, or the money to refund. I have searched, but cannot find anything comparing the classic to the euro sliders. Other than color is there a difference? And if I cannot get this fixed and am stuck with them how big is the difference between 26 & 28 gram sliders? Anyone actually tried both and can tell me? I have only had and ridded stock setups. Thank you
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 12:22 pm

so I found this,
"Have you heard the news? Dr Pulley has been working on an even better polymer!

Starting soon, you may notice something very different about Dr. Pulley weights - they're black! The black material has higher heat resistance (+60°f), better wear resistance and less water absorption (which keeps the bronze insert from becoming loose). Less popular sizes will still be available in the ivory material."

copied from https://49ccscoot.proboards.com/thread/25610/dr-pulley-new-material

so if that's true its a improvement,

still wondering about 28g vs 26g and if its even worth fighting over with the seller. some here say no big deal others say big deal. I'm just looking for anyone who has ridded both and can give fair comparison. again thank you
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 990
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 2:32 pm

If you bought them through ebay why not make use of their dispute resolution system? The case is clear enough, you have not been provided with what you ordered.
I ended up buying my sliders direct from the Dr Pulley German website shop, I found them very easy to deal with.
At the time 26gm sliders weren't in stock so ended up buying 25gm, the change in drive was remarkable  and recommended. The only downside is that I do often see the V light now as the engine revs just high enough for ecu to think there is a slippage, not a problem I just reset the light and continue on my way.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 3:16 pm

My question is----what is wrong with the stock OEM parts. My experience, 2 new SilverWings, each ridden to near 50,000 miles and no trouble. My SilverWings were ridden as scooters and not sub for something else.

I prefer to deal with Honda Dealer on parts.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 7:47 pm

Well the eBay dispute system is kinda IME like a "Parachute in an airplane" nice to have, but don't ever want to use it.
IAC with 28 grams sliders(same as oem weight) you'll notice similar low speed behavior, a slightly higher top speed and smoother/less vibration.
IMO it would be easier to sell those on this site and then buy what you want. PM me a quote, maybe I'll bite ??
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Sliders make a notable improvement on SW. 28G will work like stock rollers but with a lowered engine speed at cruise. 26G better than stock rollers and 24G will wake it up. It all depends on what your after?
Black ones are new improved who can say? Over 20K on 26G just changed to 24G and I'm liking them more. ebay you can dispute order they should back you and help. Get what you ordered.

steve_h80 your v-light should not be coming on with 25G sliders. I have no problems with 24G. Seems it comes on at a set interval 16K 32k unless something is worn and slipping.

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:40 am

I agree with the above. 28g is equivalent to oem rollers but the vibration is less. They work fine for me and no V light problems.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 11:02 am

Ah but it does Mech.
Its a pretty simple thing the V light, all it knows is miles, revs and speed.
It lights up every 16k miles for a belt change or if the drive train is doing something outside of the ECU's expected mapping of revs vs roadspeed.
Lighter weights results in higher revs at a given road speed when accelerating. That is basics physics, lighter weights require higher rotation to achieve the same centrifugal* force in the drive pulley.
If accelerating hard the engine revs can exceed what the ECU is expecting to see at that road speed (because its programmed mapping is for heavier weights).

*I realise centrifugal force is a myth but it'll do to keep the explanation simple.

Cor, I wish I'd never mentioned the V light now. 😄
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 12:23 pm

Mine doesn't come on with 24G and I ride it hard. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Perhaps its just Scootie trying to tell that I'm a fat b******, so the Missus, and we should stop treating him like a racing mule 🙂
I'd better shut up now cos I'm hijacking the OP's thread.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 9:08 am

Thank you to everyone for responding.
Due to a tracking number coming to my house ebay says I have no recourse. They don't care that it was the wrong part inside, I got something so I should be happy. Case closed.

But it looks like the 28 grams will work at least as good as the original rollers so Ill put them in.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 10:39 am

As Steve_h80 says, above, I’d file a complaint with eBay regarding the 28gm weights. You can install the 28gm weights and you’ll certainly appreciate the smooth operation the Dr Pulley sliding weights bring. But you did purchase the 26gm weights and chances are you’d be more impressed with the difference between the OEM 28gm rollers vs 26gm sliders.

It’s disingenuous for the seller to not supply you with what he offered and what you purchased. Even more so that he’s ignoring your request for a resolution. 

Yeah, file a dispute with eBay. It’s not as if you have an urgent need for new variator weights. There are several other sources for Dr Pulley products.

The above said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Dr P’s 28gm sliders. I ran a set for years.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 12:18 pm

Not to repeat, I'll just quote myself "Well the eBay dispute system is kinda IME like a "Parachute in an airplane" nice to have, but don't ever want to use it.", DLK, I had similar results with ebay on disputes several times, is the chance you take on ebay, move on. You can advice seller he will get negative feedback, etc. Usually motivates them, has worked for me  classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? 1f601  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?   classic vs euro dr pulley sliders? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

classic vs euro dr pulley sliders?
Page 1 of 1