Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Just saying I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just saying

Go down 
+3
sonuvabug
Cosmic_Jumper
gustav
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2019-04-13

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Went over to the storage unit today to swap the Indian for the Silverwing, man I love that Honda. Got to say, I have no trouble going from a motorcycle to the scoot. Seems to handle very much like a conventional motorcycle to me, maybe even more fun. The problem is, with 4 motos,I feel that is too many. So tell me gang, what do I sell? 2019 Indian scout 60 or 1980 Honda cx 500. Scooter and 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan are not in consideration for selling. Thanks, Paul
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 11:25 pm

Whew...I can’t touch this except to say that I’ve taken the liberty of retitling this thread.

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2019-04-13

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 am

Well then take it down. Didn't realize it was trouble. Adios
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 8:43 am

My error. And my very poor understanding of what I wanted to convey. 

My intent was to point out that it’s just a damn difficult if not heart wrenching choice to make given the primo rides you have. More akin to which child are you going to part with.

I restored your original post title. 

My sincere apologies Paul.

Tim
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 11:18 am

WOW. Tim's right, hard to choose. If it were me, since you're keeping the Enfield, I would sell the Honda CX.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Sell none of them. You've got most of the bases covered; cruiser, retro 80's, scooter and adventure thumper. What you have missing though is a sports bike. Sorry bud, but you most likely need a bigger shed 🙂
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 6:25 am

What's better than having just one maxi scooter (or motorcycle if you're still that way inclined). There's less clutter and junk in your garage, there's only one to ride, tax, insure, look after and clean. No worries about batteries and tyres going flat, fuel going stale, and having to tax and insure multiple machines.

It's different of course if you don't drive and have to ride to work all year round, then a second bike or winter hack is very useful if you have a more expensive machine that you don't want to suffer the ravages of winter roads. But we're almost exclusively ageing Boomers on here, seniors, pensioners, and coffin dodgers, so that doesn’t really apply.

If it was my decision, I'd get rid of the CX500, it's just a fossil that I forever associate with the old boy 'Dayglo Derek' riders of the 70's and 80's. They only bought them because it was a cheapo way of getting a motorcycle with shaft drive. Back then it was exclusive to BMW and Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

The Royal Enfield Himalayan is trying too hard to be an adventure bike, and a budget adventure bike at that. There's currently over 80 of them for sale online in the UK, They're mainly low mileage so they must have disappointed a lot of first time buyers.

Apart from at a couple of motorcycle shows a few years ago, I haven't seen an Indian Scout 60 about anywhere else. But they did impress me with their quality and style, unlike the Milwaukee made HD.

However they're just a basic cruiser and needs a load of extras to make them into a practical cruiser. The riding position is rather weird though with the rider sitting bolt upright with legs forward on the pegs. As a warm weather leisure machine they do nicely.

So that leaves the Silver Wing, it's now heavy and dated compared with the newer generation of high spec single cylinder max scooters. But unlike the other three, fitted with decent screen and a Givi rack and box it's still an excellent all weather tourer.

Last edited by Meldrew on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 am

Gustav, I moved this post out of the "Rally" section.

That said, you only give us the choice of selling the Indian or the Honda CX. Personally I agree with Meldrew, the Royal Enfield is not near what they used to be so would be my choice. However, given that choice, sell the Indian. The Honda is a reliable little "sewing machine" and I have a thing for Honda's anyway. In addition the Indian should bring a higher price for you!
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Just saying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying   Just saying I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 1:59 pm

Has anyone seen the price of a CX 500 these days all I can say is WOW.

I always liked em I just think 80s despatch rider..Surprised
Back to top Go down

Just saying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: