Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Sun May 05, 2024 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sold the Silverwing.

Go down 
+8
bikehiker
sc00ter
Meldrew
GHM-PM
MikeO
Marvincon
Old Limey
JamieB
12 posters
AuthorMessage
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Sold the Silverwing. Empty
PostSubject: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi all,

Sold the wing today been thinking about it for a while.

Not that it bothers me but would like something lighter, I have seen a Yamaha Xmax 400 that is great condition and fitted with what I need.

Will hang around here as I love the site and will keep you posted on the next ride be it the above or another.

Still love the look of the new 300 Forza though,(Meldrew).
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 1:54 pm

I still have my Silverwing, but i went for the SYM Cruisym300. If you live in the North west Moto GB are the main agent. If you liked the Silverwing i can tell you the riding position on the Cruisym is the same. I have had my cruisym since May 2018 and have just done the 30,000km service. I average 93 MPG and it will cruise all day at 50/60 MPH. Sevicing is straight forward. I fitted Dr Pulley sliders on the Silverwing but, they are not needed on the Sym. Main reason for getting the Sym was the Silverwing is getting too heavy for me. It is worth having a look at, the Forza and Xmax, did not suit me.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Hi, bit of an update.

Just about to put a deposit down on the new Forza 350 due out in a couple of weeks, will keep updated.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2019-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 5:13 am

JamieB wrote:
Hi, bit of an update.

Just about to put a deposit down on the new Forza 350 due out in a couple of weeks, will keep updated.
Thinking of going down the same route Jamie, for similar reasons. Whats you're experience of selling the swing, not sure of the desirability of it now.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 5:47 am

Watching with interest!

I, too, am finding the Silverwing a bit too heavy for me and I'm unlikely to do the miles in the future.

I've been looking at all the stuff on line about the Forza 350 and have more-or-less decided that's the future for me.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 5:56 am

MikeO wrote:
Watching with interest!

I, too, am finding the Silverwing a bit too heavy for me and I'm unlikely to do the miles in the future.

I've been looking at all the stuff on line about the Forza 350 and have more-or-less decided that's the future for me.
Well that's the UK market flooded with Silverwings Laughing
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 7:08 am

I still have my Silver Wing, but I also have a 2015 Forza at my summer place in Nevada. The Forza is great for around town, as it is lighter and more agile. But at the same time the SWing is much better (for me) on the trips/ highway cruises. So for now will keep both! I have a tentative trip scheduled for early May, hopefully it will work out.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 am

I don't know much about the new Forza 350 and I haven't looked into it much simply because the 2018 Forza 300 already ticks all the boxes. I don't need a bit more performance from a slightly larger sized engine and the 350 seems to have all the knobs and whistles I already have on the 300.

I'd also say comparing any pre-2018 Forza 300 with the current one is a waste of time, as they're totally different beasts. As the more sportier compact Forza 300 I ride isn't on sale in North America and isn't likely to be either, there's no one over the Pond on this forum that can compare them.

I've never regretted downsizing from the Silver Wing, and performance wise my 300 would hold it's own against any Silver Wing, regardless of all the Dr Pulley bits it had on it.

I suited up yesterday for a ride in cold blustery weather with crosswinds, and out on the open road the Forza has a tendency to creep up to 70 mph before you know it. Fine tune that electric height-adjustable screen to cut down turbulence and wind noise to a minimum, sit feet flat down as there's no need for a backrest and it's a nice place to be on a winter day.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Desirability wise I put it down to the fact that people go for Honda build quality, great reliability reviews and pound for pound they cannot be beaten, absolutely great scooter.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 11:29 am

A friend just purchased a Xmax 300cc. I can't wait for him to go back out to sea (he's a merchant marine) and borrow the Xmax for awhile. Been slightly tempted to get a Xmax. I love my Piaggio Liberty 150 but hate the hauling it 100 miles for service work (hate spinning wrenches sometimes) and would like to be able to slip on the freeway if needed. Only downfall of the Xmax is I have mixed feelings about the servicing dealer. If Honda imported the SH300 to the USA I wouldn't hesitate for a second getting one. I trust my local Honda dealer 100%. Easy and reliable servicing is essential.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 1:22 pm

Had a good look at the xmax great looking scooter great reviews but just that little bit too tall for me.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi, bit of an update.

Ordered the Forza 350 today, will be mid April before it arrives, these are built in Italy due to the demand in that area of Europe so looks like they will be catered for first, will keep updated.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 3:47 pm

Nice, the Givi DT 1166 ST taller screen, matching DT 1166 handlebar wind deflectors, and SR 1166 rear rack for Monokey/Monorack that I have on my Forza 300 should also fit straight onto the 350 Forza. They're all really easy to install too.

The only problem is post Brexit is you may get shafted with extra taxes buying them from an Italian seller.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 11:38 am

Lucky Brits! Here in US, so far, "We don't got no stinking Forza 350." Honda should check sales of the popular X Max 300 in the US to see how many sales of the Forza 350 they may be losing. Maybe they have, and maybe it's not enough yet for Honda.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 5:38 am

You didn't get the new sportier Forza 300 when it came out in 2018, so why would you get the new Forza 350 in 2021. We’re getting it in the UK because the Forza 300 sold well.

While we have the Forza in 125, 300, 350, and 750 models, you instead have the ADV 150 in the Honda Powersports scooter lineup. The ADV 150 adventure scooter isn't on sale over here.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 7:10 am

Perhaps with the new administration and gas prices going up daily...maybe the US will enter a new "Golden Age" for scooters! Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 9:04 am

GHM-PM wrote:
Perhaps with the new administration and gas prices going up daily...maybe the US will enter a new "Golden Age" for scooters! Laughing

They say $3.00 a gallon by early summer if OPEC doesn't increase production.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 10:00 am

I remember when gas/diesel hit the $5 a gallon mark and you had clowns on tv complaining while standing in front of lifted 4x4s and V8 muscle cars. They had to pawn stuff to afford gas. Too funny! I did notice $3 jsut fills the Liberty now. Scooter calls for premium/93 minimum. And did anyone notice all the US auto manufacturers are back to making mostly giant trucks and SUVs? Sure did learn after the last bailout. We need gas/diesel prices to go up to knock some common sense in people. I was told that the way to get someones attention is to hit their wallet.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 1:48 pm

Bigger cars are on the increase for sure, however, modern engines are so fuel efficient these days whilst providing much more power from smaller engines. My VW T-ROC has only a 1500cc engine but goes like the clappers. I couldn't have expected anything like this kind of performance from my 1974 Cortina 1600cc.

The problem with cars getting bigger in the UK is getting it into the tiny garages which we are still building! MY VW won't fit in my standard size garage...just as well really...leaves more room for the SW.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi, garages should only be used for bikes, workbench,nice shelving/racking.

Cars last outside no problem!
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 pm

JamieB wrote:
Hi, garages should only be used for bikes, workbench,nice shelving/racking.

Cars last outside no problem!

Jamie has your dealer had a confirmed quota for the 350 Forza?
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi, no not mentioned numbers but mine will be mid April due to demand.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 5:49 pm

oldwingguy wrote:
GHM-PM wrote:

They say $3.00 a gallon by early summer if OPEC doesn't increase production.

It's already $3 here in PA.  50 cents in a month.  Somehow our country was energy independent in December and now we have to rely on OPEC WT?.   Smells like a rat to me. COME ON MAN.   confused
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Hi,

Forza 350 landed at the dealership, heated grips and top box mount to be fitted.

Fingers crossed pick up next weekend, colour pearl falcon grey.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 5:02 pm

JamieB wrote:
Hi,

Forza 350 landed at the dealership, heated grips and top box mount to be fitted.

Fingers crossed pick up next weekend, colour pearl falcon grey.

That's good news, mine's being delivered to me on Tuesday morning. I don't know if you noticed but it must be the case that the UK models have the connectivity controls, mounted under the LH switchgear, as a standard fitting, I thought it was an extra. I have the dark grey.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 5:27 pm

Great colour was very tempted.

😉
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 9:14 am

bikehiker wrote:
Lucky Brits!  Here in US, so far, "We don't got no stinking Forza 350."  Honda should check sales of the popular X Max 300 in the US to see how many sales of the Forza 350 they may be losing.  Maybe they have, and maybe it's not enough yet for Honda.  

Well the issue is sales numbers are still low overall for maxi scooters in the US, at aprox $5.5k for the Xmax/300 and $8.5k for Burg/400 you can buy some good both used/new motorcycles for that coin !!
 Honda bringing the DCT's equipped motorcycles like the NC750 to US market, has a lot of people exchanging their scooters for them or by-passing scooters alltogether, I love my SW but been waiting on the improved 2021 NC750X DCT to show at dealers to check it out.  Cool
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 9:47 am

Just seen it in the flesh, wow looks amazing.

The weight difference compared to the Wing is massive, noticed the seat height straight away being that bit taller.

But wow what a scooter!
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Some bargain low-mileage SWs appearing on my local Craigslist:

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/millersburg-2012-honda-silverwing/7294433096.html

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/middletown-2008-honda-600-silverwing/7293841050.html
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Thanks for posting those listing making a phone call soon. 2012 for $3k been looking for a newer SW for awhile. I have a 2013 but been racking up some miles now and 2012 has ABS and low miles.

63F and sunny around here lately time to ride was a bit warmer last week but still working. Work is still a four letter word for me. Ride is what i want to do.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 11:36 pm

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/millersburg-2012-honda-silverwing/7294433096.html

The 2012 above seems clean and to have an extra large windshield. A definite plus in my book!
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Marvincon, has the eagle landed?
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 4:37 pm

JamieB wrote:
Marvincon, has the eagle landed?

It was delivered yesterday and had it's first trip this afternoon. I owned a xmax 300 in '17 so generally knew what to expect but this is a definite step-up. Hopefully on the 29th we'll be allowed to ride a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sold the Silverwing.   Sold the Silverwing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sold the Silverwing.
Page 1 of 1