Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Old Age Creeping On

Go down 
+6
Winger61
terrier
MikeO
Dale N.
sc00ter
GHM-PM
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Old Age Creeping On Empty
PostSubject: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 6:50 am

The Crowman is booked in for a service and repairs to the body acquired after my 'off' into a ditch 18 months ago.

I haven't ridden it since I bought the NIU so was getting very anxious that it wouldn't start on the day. It had a new battery in March, just before I rode it from Salisbury to Seaham a couple of days before lockdown but I knew I ought to check.

The cover was covered in ice, not just frost, but the bike itself was dry and just as I left it.
Key in, turn ignition and it didn't even turn over once before bursting into life!

No flooded injection but floods of relief.

I let it idle a bit with a few blips of the throttle until the temperature rose to a decent level.

Then I decided to check under the seat but for the life of me I couldn't remember how to open it.
I was on the point of logging in here and asking - what are friends for, even if they take the p*ss? - but the prayer to St. Anthony, patron saint of lost things, did the business.

It's bordering on pathetic but I'm getting more and more forgetful in such matters and it's a tad worrying.

Last edited by MikeO on Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 7:15 am

I guess "forgetful" goes with the territory, sigh. I can remember what I had for dinner on June 7th 1970 but can't remember where I was yesterday...  Of course forgetting 2020 might be a good thing!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 9:56 am

The forgetting how to open the Swing seat was because you've gotten used to the NIU! I wish we had a NIU dealer near me. Anyways, if I ride my wife's Swing I get confused because I'm used to my Liberty. Whats worse is if I ride a regular/normal bicycle I try to press an imaginary assist button when I wanna go fast or get tired! So used to having that assist button on my ebike it feels foreign riding without it.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 9:58 am

I've been retired for 12 years. My last truck driving job was for SuperValu a food warehouse corp that delivered to major grocery stores. I drove for them for 8 1/2 years and can't remember how to get to most of the stores I delivered to. I'm not sure whether it's old age or just forgetting them because I don't need to remember how to get to them anymore.

There's other stuff I can't remember also but I can't remember what they are. It doesn't bother me too much because I can remember the important things like where my SWing is, where the fridge is and where the grocery store is to keep the fridge stocked. Although I do know that I'm not as "sharp" as I was in my 20's or 30's that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 11:26 am

Thanks, friends.
I feel less bad now! chickendance
Back to top Go down
terrier
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Don't worry, Mike, you're a member of a rapidly growing club. We've all been there and the ones who haven't will be along soon. Take care. Best wishes to yourself and all other members for a better 2021. cheers
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Well, I hope you understand about..............Hmmm...what was the topic?
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 3:31 pm

I used to go upstairs and forget what I had gone up there for.
Eight years ago we moved to a bungalow- now I just stand there and try to remember what it was I was trying to remember! Laughing
Back to top Go down
PeteP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2020-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 pm

I feel like what Dylan Thomas wrote: “Do not go gently into that good night but rage against the dying light”. Ya, I’m getting old but I still have the “ganas” (desire) to keep on riding my Swing until I can’t hold it up anymore.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 3:22 am

Winger61 wrote:
I used to go upstairs and forget what I had gone up there for.
Eight years ago we moved to a bungalow- now I just stand there and try to remember what it was I was trying to remember! Laughing

Lately I'll go downstairs for something and my wife would be down there and ask me a question. After answering her, I'd forget what I went downstairs for. The best way to remember is to go back to where you first thought about something you needed, look around the area then, wala you will remember what you wanted in the first place. Seeing familiar things will trigger your memory.

See I forgot to wish everyone "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!"
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 9:55 am

Memo to self, must remember to take the p*ss out of Mike next time I see him 😆
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 10:11 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Old Age Creeping On   Old Age Creeping On I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 4:56 pm

I have the same trouble opening my SWing seat, but I use a crowbar, and it pops right up. But I did find a neat accessory that Honda added to the SWing: If you check the left side, just below the seat, there's a place to slip in your ignition key to lock the seat down. That keeps the dumb criminals away...and they're too dumb to carry a crowbar.
Back to top Go down

Old Age Creeping On
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: