Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NQiGTS Pro Electric Scooter
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 5:35 am

» Ultimate Touring Machine!
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby BroOKS2K9 Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» touch up paint
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby DareStx Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» He Finally Arrived
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby DareStx Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:40 pm

» January 2021 Photo
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:26 am

» Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:22 am

» Riding 2021
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:41 pm

» Need Skirt R 50611 MZT 681ZJ Gray
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:44 pm

» Brake Fluid Resistant Paint
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:00 pm

» Headlight Adjustment quick question
driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeby winged warrior Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

driven face boss inner surface

Go down 
AuthorMessage
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-08-31

driven face boss inner surface Empty
PostSubject: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Hey guys,

I am changing my belt, and am intending to put new oem rollers in as I am over 100 000 km and have never looked in there.

The manual (page 1-18 near the bottom) says that the driven face boss inner surface needs lithium based grease - I am about to not do anything beyond the belt as I am not sure if I do have to grease anything - or where to apply - I get the impression that everything gets put back together, don't put grease on it (from videos and tutorials)

It also says the movable driven face cam groove needs grease - I'm not sure what that is - is it connected to the pully drive?

Finally when I am putting all the bolts back on the drive pully cover, is it ok to put some engine oil on them?

Anyway, just want to do it right the first time, the Honda Dealership is closed indefinitately near me.

All the best and thanks for any suggestions you can send my way (:

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Lenny
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2019-09-08

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 2:15 pm

https://youtu.be/82MUIwzfCPo
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3635
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Perhaps you're confusing the Drive Pulley, aka
variator (the front pulley which Is attached to the crankshaft and which holds the roller weights) with the Driven Pulley, which has the clutch attached and also has the big torque spring as shown on the above video. No grease on the variator pulley weights (but you can use a dry, Teflon based spray lube like PBlaster with Teflon). The Driven Pulley needle bearing could use a kiss of grease though.

Drive Pulley vs Driven Pulley.
Back to top Go down
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Thanks Tim, got it! Lenny that is a great video, really shows the steps. I can't imagine I'll ever work on the spring pully but it's good to know.

Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Variator bolt needs a drop of oil on threads before torqueing. Outer belt cover bolts don't need any oil on threads.

Guy on video could have gotten more grease in driven pulley outer face by filling it around edges and then sliding it over and wiping whatever came out. There is some space in there that he didn't fill. That's how I did it anyway.
Back to top Go down
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

PostSubject: Re: driven face boss inner surface   driven face boss inner surface I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Thank you for your advice and help, there was a lot of stuff in the drive pully area, I cleaned it all out and replaced the rollers, they were covered in material - worn out, and wiped everything down with brake cleaner.  At first I torqued the variator only to 26 pounds per square inch (I always do something wrong) then realized my mistake and took it a part, re cleaned and torqued it to 76 pb/sp ft.

the foam filter was disgusting but intact, so I washed and thorougly dried that.

The belt drive now makes a sound that could be taken as a joyful lament from days of yore, but the engine and everything else sounds great, the ride feels good - this was the first time I've done this (aside from having belt changes every 30 000 km by Honda) - it really needed a cleanout and am grateful  for the support here.
Back to top Go down

driven face boss inner surface
Page 1 of 1