Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Selling my Silver Wing

Go down 
+6
Donie
exavid
Dale N.
oldwingguy
MikeO
Cosmic_Jumper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

Selling my Silver Wing Empty
PostSubject: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 6:19 am

I have come to the decision that it's time to sell the Silver Wing, don't get me wrong I still love the bike but back in early August I was riding my other scooter to a friends house when a Twat in a convertible Audi pulled out in front of me, I swerved and managed to miss him, I then went past and gestured to him that he was a W&N&&R. I then stopped at a pedestrian crossing to let a woman cross, he was giving me so much mouth, I put the stand on and went over to him, he was efin & blinding saying you young "C" you had loads of room, his window was down, Red mist came to me and without thinking, smacked him in the mouth twice (I'm not condoning that I was right) and have not done anything like that in over 50 years when I was 16. He then got out of the car, I am 5'6" and he was well over 6'5" and I thought oh $hit, here we go, he then kicked me in the stomach causing me to fall over, whilst on the ground he kicked me in the head 3 times (lucky my helmet was still on) & in the legs, shouting like a crazy man, a woman from another car came over and tried to pull him off but he pushed her away shouting abuse at her, he then went for another kick to my head, this time I saw it coming and raised my arm. I got up and walked to my scooter & he was after me  again, I said enough is enough. Got on my scooter and started to ride off and thought Oooooh my arm hurts, I pulled into my old place of work (Surrey Fire HQ) 100yds up the road as couldn't ride anymore, took my jacket off and saw my wrist looking like an "S" bend, phoned my wife to take me to hospital and it was confirmed both bones in the wrist were snapped in two & lots of pain. No witnesses as everyone dispersed quickly, I did not go to the Police as I threw the first punch & I later found out from my contacts that this Neanderthal was let out recently for attempted murder, but I will get him when I am fully healed and in my own way, needless to say that I am having physio daily as they said that they still can't rule out an operation & they have re set it twice already but hopefully it will get stronger to avoid that. Hence the reason the Swing has to go now, it's too heavy for me now as not much strength to hold it. I will let you all know when I sell it and say my goodbyes to you all. Everyone on this Forum have been brilliant in their help, guidance, criticism, and all aspects regarding this lovely machine.

Selling my Silver Wing Leg12
Selling my Silver Wing Plaste12
Selling my Silver Wing Wrist_12
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 8:40 am

Damn Kev, those are some nasty looking injuries. Sad to hear of such a nasty encounter but proud that you stood up to the bastard. Sorry too that you’ll be selling your Silverwing. Hopefully you’ll recover sooner than expected and be back with us. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 8:49 am

I echo what Tim has said, Kev.

I can add only that I am very sorry and hope you recover both physically and mentally very soon.

Best wishes,

Mike
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 9:05 am

Thank you Tim & Mike, I can assure you that I will remain a member of this fantastic Forum thumbs up
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 9:46 am

I certainly hope so, Kev.
I, for one, look forward to hearing of your recovery, first and foremost. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 10:36 am

... and there was me thinking the Surrey Hills was a genteel area. Best Wishes and a speedy recovery Kev.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks Mike thumbs up
Most times it is, thank you Meldrew Wink
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 1:29 pm

Kev best wishes for a speedy recovery and perhaps a change of heart on riding.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank you oldwingguy, I will be ok on my Scomadi as it's auto too but a hell of a lot lighter to ride but will miss the Silver Wing for sure, even had to cancel being a Blood Bike Rider now.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Blood Bike Rider, hmm SWAG you transported life saving blood / plasma from one place to another?
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 11:43 pm

Prayers for a speedy recovery with no after effects. Those sure are nasty looking injuries.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 3:07 am

oldwingguy, correct thumbs up

Dale N. Thank you, they will (I hope, given time) thumbs up
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 12:36 am

I just came across your posting Kev. Damn sorry about your meeting a psycho. Don't go away, check in with us all now and then, especially in your recovery.

Several years ago while I was riding a bicycle home for lunch . I got hit by a guy who was running a red light. I got tossed down pretty hard. The guy skidded to a stop, spit a wad of tobacco through his window and asked me, "You okay?" Yeah sure, I was still trying to inventory my body which was pretty shocked. I discovered my left wrist was broken just as the took off.

At the hospital that afternoon the doctor told me my wrist was broken in seven places. I wore a couple of steel rods and a cast of that wrist for several months. It healed pretty good, the arthritis is setting in a bit, but doesn't hurt too much after about 35 years.

I would have accosted the dude except I was knocked cuckoo a bit and he didn't stick around to see if I could get off my bike that I was kinda wrapped around. Otherwise I might have gone your route it at least explain his heritage to him but he was gone.

After I came home after I spent a night in the Juneau hospital, I thought a few times about tracking down the jerk which wouldn't be all that difficult in Juneau. Before I could act on that bad idea he made the local paper's first page by running his pickup into a big natural rock wall and perished.

Personally I couldn't dredge up much sorrow for the guy. So far I've stayed away from bicycles. Motorcycles and scooters have been safer for me.

Do keep on with this forum, we'll miss you and it's very likely you'll get back on a scooter in the future. It's hard to give up the wind on your knees.

Last edited by exavid on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 1:37 am

exavid

Paul, many thanks for your kind words, looks like I got a lot luckier than you. I can relate to your "dredging up much sorrow", I have still got my Auto Scomadi DL200 which has a top speed of around 75mph, so I am going to give it a ride out with friends on friday (only a local ride). I certainly won't be leaving this site, as I enjoy the comments and banter from everyone, especially a "newbey" who post's something up that has been discussed umpteen times without checking first, then I patiently wait for the "Incoming remarks" Laughing. Safe riding

Kev
Back to top Go down
Donie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 4:53 am

Hello Kev,

So sorry to read of your horrific experience. Get well soon.

Did you run the story past your 'legal beagle' ?

Road rage in the UK has zero tolerance in the Court as you well know.

I'm not sure that, despite you throwing the first punch while receiving intollerable verbal abuse from someone (who had clearly almost caused an accident), you would fare badly in suing him.

Yes you threw the first punch, and a punch in return would be considered tit for tat, but a kicking on the ground, and resulting broken bones would surely be considered excessive.

I feel sure that any self-respecting Magistrate or Judge would find in your favour, while possible holding you a certain percentage responsible, but there is little doubt that you would get significant damages.

I would discuss it with discuss it with a lawyer (solicitor in our part of the world) and you will be surprised.

There will be more satisfaction from getting him this way than in hatching a plot toi get even some other way, and when the bones heal you can consider upgrading your transport with the proceeds.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 am

Hi Donie
No, I cant go down that route because if it fails, then financially i'm in bigger trouble. So doing it my way I will feel rewarded enough Wink . thank you for your kind words. Already sorted my next machine out, i'm buying an old school Lambretta Li 150 1962 (all original), yes it has the gears on the bar but I will be fine and it's half the weight of the Silverwing. My late Brother had one in the late 60's and I loved it (but he never let me ride it Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
Donie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 7:48 am

Hello Kev,

I do understand your thinking, and reluctance to tackle him in Court.

A great choice with the Lambretta.

I had one, a Series One in my late teens, but was too yound to appreciate it, and in a hurry to move on to more angry looking machines.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 9:10 am

thumbs up
Glad you understand Donie, yes me too, the amount of Lambrettas I sold for silly money in the very early 70's was criminal, wish I still had them Wink
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 10:56 am

Speaking of Lambrettas, I did see a photo of a FJS600-powered Lambretta in Scootering magazine a few years back. So with that inspiration maybe we won’t lose you entirely Kev.

Do let us know if you hear any reports of misfortune which befalls your assailant.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tim I have also seen that and the video of it going a while back, and it looks frightening to ride on 12" wheels, I certainly will do Sir, and rest assured I will NOT be leaving this great Forum, I will lurk in the shadows Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
VictorLouis
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2020-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Jeebus, that's tough to read, mate.

"I did not go to the Police as I threw the first punch..."

Yah, and from what I understand about UK-law, you're correct, and they'd likely try to prosecute YOU. 

Believe it or not, under our law, once he got the better of you, HE WOULD THEN BE THE AGGRESSOR. Having broken your arm, he could be charged here.

"... I will get him when I am fully healed and in my own way,"

That Karma can be both a b****, and a beautiful thing. It's all about perspective.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 5:42 pm

VictorLouis
Many thanks for your words Wink
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Silver Wing now sold and gone to a good home, he was very impressed with it, including the "Look at me Stripes", Spotlights, Hazard lights, Lighted indicator mirrors etc (had to get that in for you Meldrew Wink. Stay safe everyone thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 6:22 am

Nice to hear you've sold your Silver Wing before winter sets in and no one is buying scooters. Between ourselves, I'm assuming you'll be using that money to put a contract out on that knuckle dragger that assaulted you. 😊

You mentioned lighted indicator mirrors, they were OE in the lardass Burgman 650 I used to have. Apart from the novelty of being able to fold them in electrically, they were problematic.  Suzuki mounted them in the perfect position for me to be dazzled by the headlamps of cars behind me at night, and in heavy rain have a constraint stream of rain dripping onto my boots.

Hoping you're healing well.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 6:37 am

Meldrew wrote:
Nice to hear you've sold your Silver Wing before winter sets in and no one is buying scooters. Between ourselves, I'm assuming you'll be using that money to put a contract out on that knuckle dragger that assaulted you. 😊

You mentioned lighted indicator mirrors, they were OE in the lardass Burgman 650 I used to have. Apart from the novelty of being able to fold them in electrically, they were problematic.  Suzuki mounted them in the perfect position for me to be dazzled by the headlamps of cars behind me at night, and in heavy rain have a constraint stream of rain dripping onto my boots.

Hoping you're healing well.

Thanks Meldrew Wink putting the money towards a Lambretta Li 150 series 2, always wanted one and a lot lighter and slower Wink . Yes glad it's gone as you say, before the season ends. Wrist is slowly healing but as it's old bones, it may take a lot longer as still feels tight but at least I can use it now to a certain degree. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 11:03 am

Get well soon! That was horrible! At least you got to smack him. I carry those wrist wrap jogger mace containers. I suck at fighting but can press a small button without much effort.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 12:18 pm

sc00ter
Many thanks mate, appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling my Silver Wing   Selling my Silver Wing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling my Silver Wing
Page 1 of 1