Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» New member from Europe
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Relieved Again!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Relieved Again! Empty
PostSubject: Relieved Again!   Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 am

This morning I girded up my loins and rode 'TheCrowman' round to my local motorcycle garage to see if they would firstly: accept maxiscooters for service and repair and, if they do, would they repair the damage I did last year when I rode into the ditch. My first question was answered even before I arrived on the forecourt; there was an identical Silverwing parked in front of the workshop doors! I approached a mechanic person who turned out to be the owner and asked my questions. 'Yes' he will do the service and 'yes' he will repair the damaged panel. I did say I was happy to buy a new one and pay what it cost (of course) but he seemed confident it could be properly repaired along with all the scratches. The only minor downside is that he's going on holiday and I can't book it in until the 28th September. Still, I'm in no hurry and I feel certain that I'll be treated properly, just as Vince at VP Motorcycles in Salisbury always did. The upside of the delay is that the boiler is being installed during the week before so that'll be done and dusted. Apart from the rather off-hand receptionists at the first Dentists I approached here I have yet to meet anyone - business or 'domestic' - who hasn't been very nice to me.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Relieved Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relieved Again!   Relieved Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Despite the Pandumbic bike dealers are busy over here used bike market in a low inventory due to record sales new sales I'm not sure of.

We call it essential business.  Now that a few rules are being relaxed and people saved a lot of $$$$ they seem to spend a bit for now.    

Business are playing catch up for all the lost money from March-June shut downs. I paid local dealer $50 to mount a front tire back in June and they failed to do it properly, backwards and didn't balance it properly never again.   I always did my own tires at work but my job was lost and moved on to a better place just mounted a new rear tire today Big $$$$ saving.  Oh yeah 10K more pay.  RIDE ON.
Back to top Go down

Relieved Again!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing-
Jump to: