Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» For Sale: Service Manual (Print Version)
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby Delray Today at 1:04 pm

» Dr Pulley 26g weights
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby johnd Today at 9:49 am

New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby Davetech Today at 9:46 am

» Service manual
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby josephthediviner Today at 6:16 am

» New to the forum
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby Chesterman Today at 3:20 am

» That annoying stator wire oil leak
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Yesterday at 9:34 pm

» What is removed when Trike Kit is installed?
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 8:29 pm

» Cargo Backrest
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Honda Forza 300
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» Turn signal running light problem
New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeby Ken j Yesterday at 11:45 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Project TMAX 500

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cello33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2018-07-09

New Project TMAX 500 Empty
PostSubject: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 pm

OK no plans of letting the SW go, she has proved herself over two years and 30K that she's a keeper in my stable BUT I fancied trying another scoot and picked up a non runner 01 TMAX 500.

Perfect time for a project you say , well yes it is but I have other jobs round the house to do so its going to be a few weeks away yet before I look a bt closer into Max's guts.

The issue does not appear that bad on the fac of it , the bike starts and runs and you can do about 5MPH but then the clutch slips. The previous owner told me the local bike shop said the crank has been damaged so its a engine out job, well I dont fancy striping the engine down to that level but a bit puzzled how the crank could get damaged by a slipping clutch ubles the ejits have damaged it while attempting to remove the clutch!

All shall become clear in the next few weeks , given its spring now in the uk and the rainy season is here not to mention the covid 19 lockdown. Any advice on how to remove the clutch or a source of engine information would not go a miss TIA

Stay safe people
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 10:01 pm

I know almost nothing about a T-MAX . Looked at a few parts diagrams and clutch basket bolts to crankshaft. If someone tried to pull it and damaged threads then maybe so.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: New project Tmax500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 6:01 am

As you are in the UK I suggest that you register on the MaxiMuppets forum where there are many people with the information you require plus the opportunity for occasional meetings with Meldrew !!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 7:30 am

bikerboy wrote:
As you are in the UK I suggest that you register on the MaxiMuppets forum where there are many people with the information you require plus the opportunity for occasional meetings with Meldrew !!

Good idea, although the X9 Owners Club forum might a better place to get technical advice on the TMax generally.

Meldrew! he was err.... socially isolated from the Muppets early last December, and all his posts were deleted,

You'd have heard about it, but Brexit and all that Harry and Meghan nonsense kept it off the front pages. Sad  

I hear that he's well  over it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Meldrew wrote:

Meldrew! he was err.... socially isolated from the Muppets early last December, and all his posts were deleted,

Me too! Probably more a case of what I didn't say - basically just lost interest. Didn't seem to be any posts worth commenting on.
As with Meldrew, well over it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 2909
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 4:52 pm

Some years back I bought a new TMAX----fun to ride/maybe the best handling maxi scooter. Complicated to work on/I traded mine as the miles piled up fearing high Maint. /parts cost.

Before tearing into I would first secure Genuine Yamaha shop manual....and make sure you have reliable source for parts.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 5:20 am

Winger61 wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Me too! Probably more a case of what I didn't say - basically just lost interest. Didn't seem to be any posts worth commenting on.
As with Meldrew, well over it! Laughing

Me also, I got fed up with my comments being deleted by a moderator who seemed to think like a dictator.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 7:35 am

john grinsel wrote:
Some years back I bought a new TMAX----fun to ride/maybe the best handling maxi scooter.  Complicated to work on/I traded mine as the miles piled up fearing high Maint. /parts cost.

Before tearing into I would first secure Genuine Yamaha shop manual....and make sure you have reliable source for parts.

There are a whole series of informative youtube videos by “bigwheelsturning” on T-Max DIY service. Dunno if he covers engine disassembly but he sure covers a lot of stuff. And as Mr. Grinsel counsels, ‘do buy the FSM’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsEsxyER1c&list=PLEgktj58yzp3f8hhosw1PE98JCvT9F2CC&index=13&t=0s
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3278
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 7:36 am

I can confirm (because I've just checked) that there is a manual for the 01 T-Max 500 available to view and download on the X9OC Forum.

Incidentally, the one for the Silverwing 600 is also there.
Back to top Go down
cello33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: GOOOOOOOOOOO   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Well that was not hard, it was pretty dam easy and now have a working Tmax with 25K miles on the clock, the clutch plates were burnt out , even the metal discs were brown, sourced a clutch kit from France, less then a week to turn up and changed the oil and filter as I think the precious owner put the wrong engine oil in her.

Bit too soon to compare her to the swing but I am pretty sure I will keep them both , the swing seems more robust and so far reliable transport, the Tmax a sportier ride with better suspension but not half as practical imo.

I managed to wreck the rear tire valve so have ordered a 90 degree replacement and once installed will post some pics of the new ride if your interested. As i said first Yam for 30 odd years but always liked Yamaha's never owned a Kawasaki and dont like Suzuki's having owned a few. For me Honda Yam and Husqvarna all the way!

Thanks for the advice gents
Back to top Go down
VictorLouis
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2020-04-26

PostSubject: Re: New Project TMAX 500   New Project TMAX 500 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 3:01 pm

I am just astounded at how so many of you know your way around these drivetrains. Anyhoo. I just put new shows on the Swing, but they are quite scrubbed-in yet. Plus, they shop left them at low pressure. Suffice to say, I still feel my Max is the better handling, more comfortable ride. The Swing's engine shines in lower revs, quieter noise, less vibe and less abrupt throttle response.
Back to top Go down

New Project TMAX 500
Page 1 of 1