Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

MRA-R screen; are these any good?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2020-03-11

MRA-R screen; are these any good? Empty
PostSubject: MRA-R screen; are these any good?   MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 6:16 pm

I need to put a new screen on my SWing, the MRA-R screen is shown online but no installed pictures. Does anyone have any feedback on these, the price looks attractive.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: MRA-R screen; are these any good?   MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 4:24 am

I doubt if you'll get much feedback about MRA screens on here. The vast majority of Silver Wing owners who've junked the useless Honda OE screen opted like myself for the two-piece height adjustable  Givi AF214 Airflow screen.

There's loads of posts and topics about the Givi Airflow on here including a vey useful installation pictorial. Apart from it's adjustability for height, the Airflow also has decent weather protection for the hands. The side 'wings' channel away a lot of rain when you get up to about 50 mph and above.

The only unique selling point about MRA screens generally is the addition of that adjustable wind spoiler, and you can buy them from MRA to fit on other screens in clamp on or clip on versions.

It's a shame you're in the Land of the Long White Cloud mate, my Airflow which I removed from my 2010 Silver Wing when I changed it for the latest Forza 300 is boxed up in my shed with the rest of my screen collection.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: MRA-R screen; are these any good?   MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 6:28 am

If you copy & paste the 'string' below into Google search box, you will get all the posts on this site that mention MRA .............

silverwing+mra screen site:www.silverwing600.com

Or for a more general search leave off ..........

site:www.silverwing600.com

............ HTH study
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: MRA-R screen; are these any good?   MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 3:18 pm

THanks for the replies people. At this point I'm more interested in aesthetics than airflow as the bike I bought has a cobbled together mix of a cut down standard screen plus a bolted on piece of another. Worst still is what I found when I stripped some bodywork, so many broken tabs that it had been put back together using globs of silicone sealer...bleurgh!

I have my ST1300 for the long hauls so less fussed about aerodynamics on the Swing...but then I haven't actually ridden the Swing yet, need to replace fork seals and then find out why she's not charging. Looks like a non-standard R/R bolted to a n alloy heat sink under the right rear.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: MRA-R screen; are these any good?   MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 5:20 pm

2001 model Silverwings are a bit of a odd duck. It was the first year for the Silverwing and AFAIK they were JDM models. While the following models all had the R/R mounted up front of the right cubby the 2001 did have the R/R mounted in the right rear. Could be that the odd duck status necessitated adapting a non-OEM R/R if the original failed.

Even so, electrically it shouldn’t make a lot of difference if another R/R were adapted. There are any number of online topics covering retrofitting other Shindigen R/Rs.

Here’s a link to a discussion we had here awhile back: https://www.silverwing600.com/t9563-regulator-rectifier-upgrade

And another discussion about Shindigen R/R:
https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?240785-Facts-about-shunt-based-regulators
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: MRA-R screen; are these any good?   MRA-R screen; are these any good? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 6:04 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
2001 model Silverwings are a bit of a odd duck. It was the first year for the Silverwing and AFAIK they were JDM models. While the following models all had the R/R mounted up front of the right cubby the 2001 did have the R/R mounted in the right rear. Could be that the odd duck status necessitated adapting a non-OEM R/R if the original failed.

Thanks C J. I've been an owner of Hondas for decades and an active forum follower, so not a stranger to RR failures. Interesting to learn that the rear-mount RR was standard on 01s, the wiring loom certainly looks un-molested so I did wonder whether it was OEM.
Back to top Go down

MRA-R screen; are these any good?
Page 1 of 1