Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bike lift foor sw

Go down 
+2
arskal
Lugwrench
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lugwrench
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2018-08-15

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Is there a way to use one of these hydraulic bike kits to raise scoot to a workable height I am talking about the Sears or Iron pony style beam lift. I looked under scoot and could not identify a good place to fit it under scoot.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
arskal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
arskal

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-07-13

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 4:02 pm

Check this.

https://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/honda-fjs600a-silver-wing-2007-7-irelandabs-frame-body_big00028853f__3000_8832.gif

I think that there is no lifting points. I dont know is this subframe (9) enought strong for this.

I've also been thinking the same as you. I think the best way is bought motorcycle lift table.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 4:17 pm

SilverWing safest way to lift in North America---Harbor Freight table lift----Been $300 to $400 for a long time. You break no plastic with table lift.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 6:26 pm

I've had both the Harbor Freight lift and a couple different bike jacks. The only one I now have is the Harbor Freight lift. I've had many different bikes on it including several Goldwings which weigh nearly twice as much as a Silverwing. It's a good lift I've had mine for several years now and used it quite a bit. I did make up some wood side rails that clip to the sides of the lift table. They are 6" wooden boards about eight feet long. I cut pieces of 4x6 about 7 inches long and fastened four of those pieces to make legs for the side rail. With this addition it's easy to load up the lift and ride your bike up onto it with no assistance. The reason for the side rails is that when the bike has its front wheel up on the table most people, me included can't reach the ground until the rear wheel comes up on the table. That's a bit too hairy for me. If the engine should quit or you lost your balance for a second or two rider and bike would do a Humpty Dumpty.

I really like the lift, I ride up on it, lift the side rails off the edges of the table and viola, no more back breaking labor having to work on the bike with one's back bent and aching. Makes an oil change just a job of ten or fifteen minutes and no back pain like this seven decade plus rider gets without the lift.

I may have a photo of the setup somewhere here on the forum, I just don't remember where.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Been using mine for both the G'Wing and S'Wing with no problems, a table lift would be nice to have but just never bother to get one. Just go slow on the first lifting, have an extra pair of hands the first time or two. I put the S'Wing on the center stand to start then the lift back against the stand, I've done it with and without a 1/2" plywood board on top the lift bars.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 4:31 pm

I used a bike jack for years. When I had my bike shop I used a couple of jacks to shift bikes around as I worked on them. The only real advantage with the bike lift is you have full access to the underneath of the bike and on both sides.

To save space I keep my lift in my garage and park my Jeep Liberty astraddle of it.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 9:07 am

If you never saw it you would say no way but having watched the G'Wings being assembled at the Marysville plant the bike is suspended and comes down the line like a Christmas tree ornament. I've thought more than once about using one of my chain falls to set up a work area like that. Hook up, lift up to the desired height and go to work Smile  I have a pair of rafters reinforced now so I can work on my mowers but just haven't got the will ( nerve ) to try  the S'Wing. One thing about it is the S'Wing would be a dead weight lift so additional rafter support from floor to rafter would be needed.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 10:59 pm

I had a Harbor Freight table lift. Great if you have space. When I pulled the front end off my wife's Swing I just strapped the rear wheel down to the table while on the center stand till the front wheel came up. Easy. I have also had a rocket bike on the table, needed the table for something else, so I would tie the bars and rear end into the rafters in the garage, tighten the straps tight and slowly lower the lift and move it, leaving the rocket bike (either a NTV-650 Honda Hawk or a CBR900RR) suspended from the rafters. Sketchy looking but never failed. Just note the table lifts are HEAVY and take up a good footprint.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Heavy, yes about 300lbs. I've used mine quite a bit working on other things than just the bikes. A real boon for a geezer like me with a bad back. Better than half a prescription of Oxycontin.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 10:56 am

To those who buy and use platform lift for first time----bike should be tied down, so it doesn't rock off or tip off.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 4:55 pm

One thing for sure is to make sure you have something at the far edge of the ramp to prevent any kind of throttle sticking or human malfunction and go over the front edge. One other thing to keep in mind using a lift like the HF lift is have the bike forward on the lift before you start the actual lift. Looks at where the lift's rear wheels are when you first raise the hopefully empty lift. Too much weight at the rear of the lift deck could cause the lift to tilt upward. Remeber the lift moves forward over the wheels as it rises so even though the bike is sitting safely on the deck as it goes upward it moves aft compared to the position of the base.

Lifts are safe as the lift operator. It would be annoying to have the whole works tip upward and dump your bike, especially if you were on it such as when loading the lift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bike lift foor sw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike lift foor sw   Bike lift foor sw I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bike lift foor sw
Page 1 of 1