Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

goodbyeeeeee

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
phils a winger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
phils a winger

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2014-09-27

goodbyeeeeee Empty
PostSubject: goodbyeeeeee   goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 4:23 pm

This weekend I finally gave up being a silverwing owner and part exchanged it for a 17 plate Royal Enfield bullet 500. My 08 wing had 43000 miles and needed work for the annual test. In a way I was sorry to see her go but when I started to count up how much it was going to cost for things that I knew were wrong and a high mileage engine, time to go.

So now she's gone I have a few things to sell on ebay if anyone is interested, Genuine Honda manual, brand new air filter, set of rear brake pads (unbranded), front wheel with tyre (ABS) this is my old wheel that the bearings went on and the bearings were fitted with loctite bearing fit, I used it for about 1000 miles while waiting for the new one - make good spare and also a front wheel spindle with spacers. There is also a fork inner leg that was listed but im struggling to separate it from the outer leg. The allan bolt will not move. Finally I have a spare oil drain plug.

So its been a great 5 years and have enjoyed the banter on here and the great advice. Will keep checking in.

On a final note, when I picked up my enfield there was an Integra parked outside the showroom, no registration number, didnt ask about it as didnt like them when they first came out, didnt think they were as good as a wing and a 12/13 plate wing was going to cost more than a 17 plate 500 enfield. Found out later it was a 12 plate with 15000 miles £3795. dual clutch transmission and 7 years old, no thanks.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

goodbyeeeeee Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbyeeeeee   goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Good luck with your new ride, Phil!
Back to top Go down
Wing808
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Wing808

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2019-08-25

goodbyeeeeee Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbyeeeeee   goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 10:19 pm

Does the Royal Enfield have dealers all over the States or can you go to a Harley dealership for service and parts?
We have one but on Oahu only, but limited models.
Have fun on the new ride 👍🏽
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

goodbyeeeeee Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbyeeeeee   goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Royal Enfield only lists 12 dealerships in the US. I haven't seen any Harley Dealers that sell anything but HDs. But I've only been in eight or so HD dealerships with misguided friends.

I jest. It's required for me to rank on HarDlies.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

goodbyeeeeee Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbyeeeeee   goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Best of luck and fun with your new ride Phil. Check back once in a while and let us know how it's going.
Back to top Go down
phils a winger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
phils a winger

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2014-09-27

goodbyeeeeee Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbyeeeeee   goodbyeeeeee I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Dale so far everything is good, collection day was warmest here for months, so far this week its been wet, in fact last night i thought I was sailing boat instead of riding a bike ! one thing the wet weather has proved is that motorcycles handle better in the wet than small wheeled scooters, low speed corners were always hard work, like turning corners in a series of short straights and any application of speed coming out of a corner could result in a high side in the wet. What i do miss is the weather protection and the top speed but i knew this before i bought the new bike.
Back to top Go down

goodbyeeeeee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing-
Jump to: