Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Battery Charging

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Battery Charging Empty
PostSubject: Battery Charging   Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:31 am

Hi y'all. Happy New Year.

My husband has a BMW, with exterior battery charging capability. Given the (brrrr!) cold weather we've been experiencing, and the fact that my battery almost didn't start the other day, I was wondering if anyone has installed something similar on their Swing. I'd appreciate any advice. I have a twelve-volt, but it turns off when I shut off the ignition.

Thanks!

M-
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Battery Charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Charging   Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 am

Emeskay wrote:
Hi y'all. Happy New Year.

My husband has a BMW, with exterior battery charging capability. Given the (brrrr!) cold weather we've been experiencing, and the fact that my battery almost didn't start the other day, I was wondering if anyone has installed something similar on their Swing. I'd appreciate any advice. I have a twelve-volt, but it turns off when I shut off the ignition.

Thanks!

M-
I have a $10 float charger from harbor freight attach the alligator clips it comes with and forget about it.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Battery Charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Charging   Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Emeskay, I use a charger called "Battery Tender". Durning the winter I swap it between the Gwing and the Swing every couple of weeks. I do get to ride each a couple of times a month even during the cold snaps as we are having now. (it was 18 degrees this morning). I travel for a living and they set dorment for a great deal of time so I use the battery tender most year around. Have a great New Years...Dick
Back to top Go down
CVan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Battery Charging Empty
PostSubject: Second Battery   Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Hello all. I am intending to install a few electrical accessories including a stereo setup from Shark and would like to install another small battery.

I have ordered a universal motorcycle Fuze Block from Wingstuff that has a built in relay to isolate the starting battery, and want to install a small gel cell battery for power to all the electrical accessories.

My question is if anyone knows if the charging system will provide enough power to fully charge both batteries. I don't want to end up with 2 dead batteries if it will not.

Any insight is appreciated, as I am certainly no engineer or mechanic either one. geek
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Battery Charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Charging   Battery Charging I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm

I use a stainless lighter socket to accept the plug which I have adapted to the charger. The socket is wired directly to the battery so I can plug in any accessory, eg tyre pump etc.
I have a main switch mounted under the tupperware to isolate the earth
( negative) wire from the rest of the scoot while charging the battery, and it also saves the battery when I am not using the scoot for extended periods.
Another benefit of this switch is it is hard to find and makes the electical system dead for security as well.
Pictures in the album somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battery Charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Charging   Battery Charging I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery Charging
Page 1 of 1