Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2017-04-19

natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN Empty
PostSubject: natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN   natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 12:20 am

left Little Rock Wednesday 10/3/18 about 2pm after getting a little shuteye after end of my overnight shift.

Rode thru Pine Bluff then crossed the Mississippi river at Lake Village.  drove hwy 61 south thru the delta... crossed I20 at Vicksburg, lost hwy 61 south, found it again and arrived in Natchez about 9:30pm.  

Was having trouble with my Sena 10s holder not staying on my helmet (superglue to the rescue) and lashing down my givi 40ltr saddlebags (bungee cords to the rescue!)

Left from Natchez, MS the following AM (10/4/18) following the Natchez trace northwest.  awesome scenery...  Passed thru Jackson, MS about 11am.  Gas and grub then on my way!  160 miles later I passed thru Tupelo, MS.  gas and grub then back on the trace.

30 miles NW of Tupelo I encountered some wet pavement and the swing wasn't holding the road very well.  At that point I looked at the odometer and realized I had 8500 miles on the original tires.. wasn't much of the tread left.  I quickly chose to return to tupelo, take I-22 to Memphis and Little Rock via I-40.  Spent night in Memphis.

Returned to Little Rock Friday 10/5/18 having not quite met my goal.  New tire ordered and will be installed early next week.

Im disappopinted that I didn't see the rolling scenery of the Natchez trace in NW Alabama and south central Tennessee (I have family near that area) but my next ride will route me thru Nashville to begin.  Looking forward to it even if it means getting out the Gerbings..
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN Empty
PostSubject: Re: natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN   natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Trace kinda interesting ride---recent years did end to end on Silverwing and again with CB300F---no need to do again.

Wet riding ---- with SilverWing=HOW old was the tire? Fresh tires from a variety of makers usually work quite well with SilverWing.
Back to top Go down

natchez trace ride to Nashville, TN
Page 1 of 1