Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:29 am

I am thinking of buying a set of these: http://www.activeoutdoors.info/activeoutdoors/Article91.html

Has anyone tried them? I am particularly concerned about their durability one you get to that 'slushy' stage where half the time you are back on tarmac.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 am

Very interesting product. Looks easy to use. There was an area that was torn during the video (not sure how durable or a one use item). Let us know if you try them. Here in the north east US in might be a great thing to have in the trunk "just-in-case".
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:04 am

wingnprayer wrote:
I am thinking of buying a set of these: http://www.activeoutdoors.info/activeoutdoors/Article91.html

Has anyone tried them? I am particularly concerned about their durability one you get to that 'slushy' stage where half the time you are back on tarmac.

My understanding of them is that you would remove them at the 'slushy stage as there would be enough grip.

I see them as a get me out of trouble device rather than a drive any distance.

I too have been looking at similar products as my tyres are unable to accept chains due to their low profile. With the UK weather hitting us with ice problems rather than deep snow I am seriously considering obtaining a set for emergencies.

I was caught out on a steep hill last year and believe a set of snow socks would have baled me out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:31 pm

My feet stay cold enough with regular socks, I just can't see wearing socks made of snow.
Craig
Merry Christmas and Good Riding
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:57 am

crahar wrote:
My feet stay cold enough with regular socks, I just can't see wearing socks made of snow.
Craig
ah, but are they any warmer with the chains???
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:08 am

wingnprayer wrote:
crahar wrote:
Craig
ah, but are they any warmer with the chains???

They would be if you hooked them up to the main power grid!!! Twisted Evil

Doug santa
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:27 am

You hook the positive to the right foot negative to the left, unless your a lefty, then you just swap.The more amps your alternator
puts out the warmer your toes.
Craig
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:59 pm

crahar wrote:
You hook the positive to the right foot negative to the left, unless your a lefty, then you just swap.The more amps your alternator
puts out the warmer your toes.

My wife does not like getting into a cold bed ... maybe I could try your suggestion with her?? Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?   Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried snow socks (vs. chains) on their car?
Page 1 of 1