Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. Empty
PostSubject: Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.   Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 pm

I pulled into the garage put my left foot down and watched it  slowlyyyyyyyyyyy slide across the floor, and gently laid it down  SadSad  It cracked the left skirt which can be repaired but for giggles I checked partzilla and found out I could have a color match piece delivered to my door for LESS than I paid for a hand size piece for my 1500  GW back years ago.

Getting the old one off was no biggie and that's when I discovered someone had been there before me, missing screw, broken push pins ect. While the piece was off I used the access and the air hose to blow out the radiator fins from the backside, not as dirty as I thought it would be.
Putting the piece back on required a bit of fussing and what I found was by putting some padding between the side stand in the up position it held the piece fairly well in place while I started the " special bolt " and by using  that method was easily able to get the 2 upper front tabs in place. I used a couple aluminium nails to align the panel then started putting the screws back in place, once started it went together fairly quickly.   I'll repair the old piece and put it away hopefuly never having to use it again.

Now the KICKER when she went down the engine kept RUNNING, one would have thought the BAS would have shut it down, the 1500 GW had a recall on the BAS does anyone know if the S'Wings did?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.   Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 11:36 pm

Yes it does.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.   Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 6:54 am

Terrible feeling...SilverWing has no built in protectors or easy bolt on bumpers....maybe from Germany. Remember my 125 Daelim Scooter had factory 360 degree bumper...strong, that served as crash bar/bumper/spill guard.

I am always careful of shoe sole selection....finding Red Wing best....my garage floor finished shinny so I have to be careful (should be ruff) add a little oil or gas....tip over can happen.

terrible
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.   Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:03 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Yes it does.

I will definitely have to look into that, was it year specific?

John that was my problem, what ever they put on both the shop and garage floors made them EZ to clean but slick, the shop is near a winter death trap if you have snow or ice on your boots.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.   Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 am

All years.

FSM Page 5-112. It triggers the Engine Stop Relay if the BAS goes 60° off vertical.

It is located in front of and slightly below the Combination Meter. You may be able to see it when the windshield garnish is removed. But certainly when the Combination Meter is removed. Then again if some boy racer previous owner or a nimrod mechanic removed it you'll never see it or know where it's supposed to go.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.   Well I did it, the first and last time I hope. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well I did it, the first and last time I hope.
Page 1 of 1