Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

250kms for lunch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2018-06-17

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Still enjoying the Silverwing, and the plan was to ride across to the lavender fields near Valensole but spent too much time partying with friends last night, so decided to cut it down a bit. Rode across to Carces, which is around 80kms (50 miles) from us.
Wife still loves going on the back, so it was an easy job to convince her we didnt want to take the car.
Been surprised with the economy of the scoot, as we average 4 litres/100 kilometres, or 59MPG for USA members, or just over 70MPG for UK readers, not too shabby. The speed limits on the 'national' roads in France has been reduced to 80kph or 50mph recently, and the bike seems to relish this speed sitting at 4000rpm.
Definitely need to move the backrest back a bit or remove it though, but the allen screws seem to have been put in by Arnie Shwarzenegger,

Some photos here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnAxd9YBW1e15t9c6
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 4:08 pm

After seeing the photo of your lunch on a previous ride I'm sure a few here are curious to see what's on the menu for this trip.
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Sounds like you had a good time. I went for a little over a 100 mile ride and you couldn't ask for better weather.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 7:00 pm

The weeks of hot dry sunny weather ended just before the weekend and we've had lot's of thunderstorms and rain. So one day I'm out on the Silver Wing in hot weather wearing a cool vest and vented mesh suit round rural North Yorkshire.

A couple of days later I'm riding a new 2018 BMW C650 GT from the BMW Motorrad Roadshow demonstrator fleet round fast A roads and narrow country lanes in cold weather, blustery winds, and rain showers.

I found the BMW rather disappointing, it was comfortable enough, but there was a lot of wind noise and turbulence from the adjustable electric screen which didn't impress. Cross winds affected it more than my Silver Wing, and I felt cold draughts on my legs, and had water splashes on my boots after the ride.

None of which I was really aware of riding the Silver Wing to and from the venue in similar conditions.

Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
After seeing the photo of your lunch on a previous ride I'm sure a few here are curious to see what's on the menu for this trip.

Haha, well as luck would have it, I often take pictures of meals, so we can remember what we ate more than anything else. Starter (wife's) was Caillette or thick pate, which was lovely, I had the buffet start which was delicious, but not so photgenic :-)
250kms for lunch I-tj29q7g-XL
My main course was a steak tartare XXL, which is basically raw beef of excellent quality chopped by hand, not minced, then worcestershire sauce and a dot of ketchup added. Most of my pals back in Scotland think I'm mental eating this, but if you do get to Carces in Provence, and go to La Guingette du Lac, I'd highly recommend trying it :D

250kms for lunch I-SVWgGj9-XL

Wife opted for tarte tatin which was ordinary looking and I was fascinated by my chilled Tiramisu which again, was sublime.

250kms for lunch I-r2tfQkF-L

I think I'll start a little blog for you guys, "Days out in Provence on a Silverwing, eating fantastic food" hahaha

Oh can't forget the tipple, we shared a bottle of Rose, which if you pick it up at the vineyard locally, near the ancient abbey at Le Thoronet, it's a very reasonable 5.70EUR Domaine de Sainte-Croix le Manuelle

250kms for lunch I-M9R45j2-XL
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 8:19 am

While I don't find the thought of raw meat exciting, that sure looks more appealing than stopping for a burger & fries. But, "What, eating lunch with a fork?" Shocked , why that's positively un-American. Our Mister Donald might not approve. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
While I don't find the thought of raw meat exciting, that sure looks more appealing than stopping for a burger & fries. But, "What, eating lunch with a fork?" Shocked , why that's positively un-American. Our Mister Donald might not approve. Rolling Eyes

Really? I thought everyone ate lunch with a fork? I'm deffo un-American, being Scottish, and living in France :-) I'm not anti-American though, I've got loads of pals from over yonder I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

250kms for lunch Empty
PostSubject: Re: 250kms for lunch   250kms for lunch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

250kms for lunch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Riding :: Rides and Stories-
Jump to: