Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Did the unthinkable for me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Did the unthinkable for me Empty
PostSubject: Did the unthinkable for me   Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 am

Yesterday 29 F, had appointment at Dentist----new car, mitsuibishi Mirage delivered day before---took it, heater nice first time in several years I took car for anything. Think Mirage will work out ok, heater/ac/radio with knobs, can even set clock---has all kinds of electronic junk I will never use.

Bought this/read all tests...that said it was bad, which in my book probably good.

three cylinder---have had Geo metro 3/ Honda 660cc Beat sports car 3, BMW K-75---I like sound of threes---this car, however sounds like cheap rental 4 cylinder.

Bought/paid $1200 extra for CVT auto=nice but behaves much different than rubber band drive scooter.

Maybe take it on trip?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Did the unthinkable for me   Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Why not? I took my little Smart two seater to France a few years ago and it was fun, and in our Kia Rio when we had one. Apart from the outward and return crossings on a ferry, it's no different from going on holiday and picking up a hire car from an airport to get around

You see all the same things, take more stuff, and you're not clumping round in bike gear in hot weather. Your dog will love sitting on the back seat with it's head of the window too.

Go for it!  Smile
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Did the unthinkable for me   Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Metro is one fine auto. I got 52mpg with my non a/c version. But only 46mpg if I ran 70+ or too much city.

When it is so cold, you could just stay in and overnight your teeth to the dentist Laughing
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Did the unthinkable for me   Did the unthinkable for me I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 12:59 pm

I really liked my Geo Metro---sold it to clear up garage space. Mirage has spare tire and jack, new Kia Reo and Hyndai Accent do not. need spare tire and jack---my BMW 3 series coupe did not have=real minus---my Genesis does.
Back to top Go down

Did the unthinkable for me
Page 1 of 1