Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Limited ability I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Limited ability

Go down 
+5
carolina wing rider
willajabir
Meldrew
The Bern
lloyd193
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Liberals are so open minded that their Brains fell out a long time ago.

Happy motoring
Lloyd 193
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 4:34 am

lloyd193 wrote:

Errr, nope, don't get it, how is that anything to do with ... Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints ?
Must be an American 'thing' I guess as it has been voted up scratch
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 5:01 am

Anyone else noticed this liberal+ giving Thanks function is now overused and getter ever sillier. It was hardly used at all until a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 5:38 am

Meldrew wrote:
Anyone else noticed this liberal+ giving Thanks function is now overused and getter ever sillier. It was hardly used at all until a few weeks ago.

Yes bud, shame that members can no longer take the time to actually type .. thank you .. into a quote, for a post that was useful to them.
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks & Like buttons are used on most forums to reduce the trivial posts allowing members to read more of the important information. But on this forum, the incident of trivial, back patting, and hijack posts out number other posts. It used to bother me, but now I've found myself participating in the ritual.

As an example, this very post was a troll post and has resulted in 4 posts that the majority here will find uninformative, not useful, or a complete waste of time. But had we just down voted it, fellow readers could have been spared our responses which were just as useful as the OP.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 am

Good morning everyone. Perhaps the reason for the recent influx of "Thanks" was , in part or wholly, as a result of my post about a month ago..."The least we can do". The creator of the forum obviously felt it was a good feature or would not have gone to the trouble of incorporating it into the program. I personally thought it was a good enough idea to enter the post about it. Now that everyone knows about it is being used. Who is to say whether or not the "Thanks" is being overused? I understand that a posted or written thanks is appreciated maybe even more so than the "Thanks" feature but a "Thanks" is a "Thanks" either way and the folks on here that take time out of their day to help others deserve one or both forms of recognition in my opinion. I personally try to do both. If this has caused some kind of a problem...I apologize...but until it gets removed from the program I am going to continue to use it and obviously others will too. Thanks for all of your input.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:09 am

lloyd193 wrote:

Happy motoring       
Lloyd 193

I don't know what the intent of thiis post may have been. But it appears, as Willajabir notes, that it nothing more than trolling and an attempt to cause discontent on this forum.

We have a space for humor. We do not have a forum for politics.

Unless the OP can offer an adequate explanation this will be, Strike: Two.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 12:09 pm

!$#!#!%@%@ $#%$#$#%@#$@54367
Jay.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Nope, I'm liberal minded and proud of it.
I appreciate that liberal minded has a slightly different meaning in the colonies :-)
Back to top Go down
terrier
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
lloyd193 wrote:

Happy motoring       
Lloyd 193
Unless the OP can offer an adequate explanation this will be, Strike: Two.

Here we go again Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Well, we almost didn't go again. It went 21 hours and was almost off the bottom of the feed and someone had to reply and bring it to the top again. If/when someone trolls or makes comments that are not liked, it would be much better to vote down (the negative button instead of + on the thanks) OR use the ! to report it and let the mod/admin handle it.

While some disagree, I feel that anyone responding directly to a derogatory post is just as guilty as the OP. It don't grow if'n you don't throw the fertilizer on it. While I understand actions taken against offenders to control board content, most other boards I'm a member of will ban/warn a responding agitator equally. This greatly reduces the incidents. However, it can also have the opposite effect of letting more take place as fewer want to be involved in the reporting.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 4:15 am

My initial response was not because I read it as a derogatory post, it was because it was a confusing post, one that I would have gone past if it was not for the fact that a member had voted it up, yet had not commented scratch   So I think it was the member that hit the + that counts as the first offender, putting me second in line scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Limited ability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limited ability   Limited ability I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 5:13 am

I thought it was confusing too, and as it contained the word liberal I commented on the liberal over use of the Thanks function. I find it irritating that now on even the most mundane comment I post, that little green line appears.

Lo and behold, as if to rub salt in the wound, a green line appeared  on that post.

...and now a couple of hours after I posted this, here's a red line from the prime suspect. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Limited ability
Page 1 of 1