Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

End of bar weights (handlebar weights)

Go down 
+4
Cosmic_Jumper
Meldrew
john grinsel
carolina wing rider
8 posters
AuthorMessage
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

End of bar weights (handlebar weights) Empty
PostSubject: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 3:58 pm

I am looking for heavier end of bar weights for my Silverwing. I can only find stock weights . Where can I find heavier weights for my bike? Thanks in advance, Terry
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Why?
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:16 pm

John I have been told that heavier weights might help a little with a slight wobble I am experiencing. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 5:43 pm

NO-----slight wobble= maybe tires/wheels/adjustment, wear of steering head bearing-----and top box too big and overloaded....they can be like rock tied to rear of arrow.

As it was designed SilverWing ok stable stock-----but owner changes (tackle box techs) can screw things up.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 6:52 pm

I disagree about your view on top boxes, my Givi E55 has been a permanent fixture on the back of my Silver Wing for the last seven years, and even heavily loaded has never given me any cause for concern.

It's as essential piece of kit as the Givi Airflow screen is on the front.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 7:07 pm

If, by wobble, you are reffering to the slight handlebar shake on decel about 30-40 mph, that is "normal". More pronounced as the front tire becomes scalloped. 

The handlebars are 22 mm / 7/8". Seemingly any of the aftermarket bar weights will fit. I do recall someone mentioning they'd replaced theirs heavy aftermarket Vespa weights.

Tim

Pay scant attention to the naysayers. Our resident curmudgeon, or one of them anyway, is still dark mood since Adlai Stevenson lost that election to Dwight Eisenhower
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 pm

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE AND INFORMATION. IT SURE MAKES ME FEEL BETTER KNOWING I NOW HAVE ACCESS TO ALL OF YOUR EXPERTISE........WITHOUT A NOMINAL FEE!
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 8:49 pm

carolina wing rider wrote:
I am looking for heavier end of bar weights for my Silverwing. I can only find stock weights . Where can I find heavier weights for my bike? Thanks in advance, Terry

There are several bar weight manufacturers on the web that will supply you with anything you desire.

Filling your Handlebars with #6 lead shot will make your bike much smoother and will absorb the wobble caused by the front tire.

High quality tires and professional balance also get rid of this annoying wobble.

Happy motoring Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 am

Check the pressure in your rear tire, along with the condition of the tire. A rear tire issue usually manifests as a handling problem, at the handlebars. I had a severe wobble on my newtome VT1100T that I foolishly rode without checking the tires. Turned out the rear had only 20 psi or so.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 am

I had a part worn rear Bridgestone Hoop replaced after it developed a large delamination blister on the bottom of the tyre. I noticed it during a pressure check, stopped riding, and ordered a new tyre.

When I did ride my Silver Wing the couple of miles to to a local dealership to have it fitted, there was no wobble, shake, instability, or any indication through the handlebars that anything was wrong.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Bar weights control vibration and not much else.
If you have a wobble it is likely to be tyres, either under inflated or worn - check them first. Bike tyres need to be in good condition, fronts wear on the sides, rears wear in the middle (although I'm sure a darksider will be along to tell me a rear tyre utterly flat 90 degree to the circumference is the best thing since sliced bread).
Sliced bread is vile stuff, stick to decent stuff from a proper bakery!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 4:25 pm

steve_h80 wrote:
Sliced bread is vile stuff, stick to decent stuff from a proper bakery!

Better still bake your own.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm

We've done that too Meldrew, but the last attempt was a little dense. We called it neutron bread... :-)
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 2:09 pm

I finished baking a couple of 2lb white Pullman loaves a couple of hours ago.

What are Pullman loaves?  I imagine hearing you say. They're so called because the loaf tin/pan has a slide on lid, so as the proved bread dough bakes it can only rise as far as the top of the lid, not above in a domed shape like an open tin loaf. Out of the tin the finished bread loaf has a flat top and resembles a Pullman rail carriage.

The slices are an ideal square shape for sandwiches, and when the bread is a few days old it makes great toast with a satisfying crunch and mouth feel you don't get from tasteless cotton wool supermarket bread.

The Pullman loaf is mainly an American thing, and the loaf tins I use are quality items made by USA Pan.

I know he'd like to take the credit, but Donald Trump didn't invent them! Smile

Last edited by Meldrew on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: End of bar weights (handlebar weights)   End of bar weights (handlebar weights) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 2:23 am

Over here these are called Sydney Flats, I know !! --- don't ask !!!
Back to top Go down

End of bar weights (handlebar weights)
Page 1 of 1