Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi from Greece

Go down 
+8
SlvrwngTraveler
steve_h80
gavinfdavies
Cosmic_Jumper
Dale N.
oldwingguy
Easyrider
Akyla
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-10-31

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 11:35 am

After many years and many on-off bikes (BMW GS 650 Dakar /gs1150/ gs800) I am currently thinking the purchase of a SilverWing 600 2010 ABS.

I am a bit sceptical and sentimental about the transition from motorcycle to a scooter, but due to the fact that I recently became dad, it will take many years till I get on the road with my wife again, thus I find the motorcycle as an expense whereas a scooter would fit my current needs (back and forth to work plus a single day 100km trip with friends to the countryside)

Any input would be of great help.

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Akyla,
You will never regret buying a Swing. Especially the 2010 with ABS. Even great for two up riding. Great for commuting to/from work. You may never go back to motorcycles again.
Good luck!
Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome from o-HI-o, I find mine perfect for what you describe with the ability to keep right on going.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 3:13 am

Welcome to the best SWing site on the net.
I've had my 08 SWing for 4 years now and don't regret ever buying it. It has plenty of get up and go with great mileage and will do Interstate speeds all day without breathing hard. It had surprised many that I've ridden with who have "real" motorcycles. They no longer look sideways at it.
Back to top Go down
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 8:04 am

Easyrider wrote:
Akyla,
You will never regret buying a Swing. Especially the 2010 with ABS. Even great for two up riding. Great for commuting to/from work. You may never go back to motorcycles again.
Good luck!
Welcome to the forum.

I hope so, cause after almost 20 years of motorcycles it's hard for me. For the first time in my motorcycle life, I admit that I am afraid to change, but I should.

Once I tried to drive a scoot (beverly) and while starting from a traffic light I tried to shift gears (using the brake lever that my muscle memory said was clutch ) resulting in Panic !!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 8:49 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum, Akyla.

Akyla wrote:
Once I tried to drive a scoot (beverly) and while starting from a traffic light I tried to shift gears (using the brake lever that my muscle memory said was clutch ) resulting in Panic !!! Shocked

Be sure to wear a helmet then Smile   We sure don't want anyone doing a face plant and end up looking like "ItBeMe's" avatar. affraid

Tim
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2017-10-20

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am

Welcome. don't be afraid, except maybe for your bank balance. I was sceptical buying my first scooter (Yamaha 125 Tricity 3-wheeler) last year for riding 20 miles each way to work, but it's been really REALLY good. I've just bought a 2007 silverwing A7, and it too is good. Different, but good. To me it feels like a 1200 Harley but with better handling, acceleration, and much better comfort and practicality.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Put it this way Akyla if you don't get on with it you can always sell it, but in all probability you won't. These things tend to grow on you.
You'll know you've past the point of no return once you find yourself getting all evangelical about maxi scooters.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 12:01 am

Akyla wrote:
Easyrider wrote:
Akyla,
Good luck!
Welcome to the forum.

I hope so, cause after almost 20 years of motorcycles it's hard for me. For the first time in my motorcycle life, I admit that I am afraid to change, but I should.

Akyla,
Funny thing you mentioned your bike's name (beverly). My wife's name is Beverly. LOL
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 12:05 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Hello, and welcome to the forum, Akyla.

Akyla wrote:

Be sure to wear a helmet then Smile   We sure don't want anyone doing a face plant and end up looking like "ItBeMe's" avatar.  affraid

Tim

Tim, you are too much. Very funny. Sorry ItBeMe I gotta agree with Tim!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 4:38 am

steve_h80 wrote:
Put it this way Akyla if you don't get on with it you can always sell it, but in all probability you won't. These things tend to grow on you.
You'll know you've past the point of no return once you find yourself getting all evangelical about maxi scooters.

Hi there, this is another issue, the market for Silverwing in Greece is small I can only find 4-5 scoots on sale, meaning Greek riders either don't know the model or they dislike it. Thus selling in case I don't get along with it might be a bit tricky.

Another problem seems to be that I can not find one to test ride.

Here is the full story, the one I am about to get is located on a Greek Island about 4-5 hours travel time from where I live. The guy selling it is willing to take my BMW and give me some cash on top. I have many pics of the scoot and asked the owner to visit a Honda workshop in my hometown if we end up doing the deal and he accepted. But I can not make him make that trip if I am not 100% sure that I will take it, it is not fair.

By the way, I am around 6" and 250lb, would I fit?

I know for sure that I like the SW, but too many questions in my head affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 am

The seller is willing to travel 4-5 hours to your home town to do this deal? Sounds as if he is desperate AND confident. It's a buyers market.

Yes, at 6', 250 lbs you will fit --and enjoy your Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
SlvrwngTraveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
SlvrwngTraveler

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2017-11-03

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 pm

I would be interested to hear your first impressions of SW after BMW. Keep us posted. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 pm

SlwrwngTraveler wrote:
I would be interested to hear your first impressions of SW after BMW. Keep us posted

SlwrwngTraveler, You've just registered today and made three posts yet haven't so much as extended us the courtesy of an introduction. What's with that?
Back to top Go down
SlvrwngTraveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
SlvrwngTraveler

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2017-11-03

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 pm

@Cosmic_Jumper Hi there & thanks for keeping this wonderful forum alive. As far as intro, I'm just a SW newbie (not a motorcycle rider newbie) trying to have fun with the scoot. I appreciate all the input shared here. It made my ride more enjoyable and I also learned few thing along the way.
Back to top Go down
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 8:55 am

Thread update...

After almost a year I decided to make the cross over to the Scoot side of life, today i made a deposit for a 2009 Swing 600 with 18.000 km on clock and excellent condition, sold by the official Honda distributor in Greece, tomorrow will be the first ride, photo-bombing will follow soon after Wink

Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 9:10 am

Finally, you made the jump !! You have done plenty of homework on this one ! I don't think you'll regret it at all. If anything, it will be your best ride ever. The Silverwing can do everything a motorcycle will do, only better.
Welcome.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2015-06-13

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Akyla,welcome to this site. Many people have share the fear of going from "motorcycle" to a scoot. Once you ride the Swing (remembering the left lever-brake and not clutch and no shifting) you're in for a real surprise-power,handling and comfort. at 6" I would consider removing driver's backrest to give you a little more leg room if needed ;I did on the three Swings I've owned so there is more move around space.
Back to top Go down
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi from Greece 20190510

There she is in all her glory, just 12km ride today, she handles great...great engine, I think I laughed once or twice inside my helmet!!! More pics to come tomorrow in the relevant thread.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 4:34 pm

I pray you have miles of smiles
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

Hi from Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Hi from Greece I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Brilliant Akyla, enjoy every minute Wink
Back to top Go down

Hi from Greece
Page 1 of 1