Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:45 am

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit Empty
PostSubject: MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit   MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 9:08 am

Greetings to all !

With my MVI required by the end of Sept, I took a look at the tires and brake pads yesterday.  There are only 21413kms on this 2005 S'Wing. Only 6446 since the last tire replacement (May 2015) with the Michelin Power Pure.  ( I sure don't ride like John does!) Kind of disappointed to find the wear bars even with the tread on the rear and likely too near the tread on the front to get a pass on the inspection.  I've never changed the brake pads and they look thin too.  May be time for an overhaul before the inspection.

The tires when they were new, were great - and still feel great  -- but the wear bar thing will kill them.  

Just wondering what distance you typically get out of a set of tires.  The HOOPS that it came with were 10 years old and had about 14967 on them - despite the "old age rubber" cracked sidewalls -- and they were smooth in the middle too.

And I doubt the brake pads have ever been changed ... so 21413 isn't that bad, I guess. May need to adjust the parking brake too ... 9 clicks max possiible ... manual says 3 to 6 to fully engage the brake.

Comments or suggestions for best purchase source for pads and tires welcomed.  I think the dealer will see me soon ... but suggestions very welcomed from you.

Thanks,
Mike
Back to top Go down

MVI time for my 2005 ..... going to cost a bit
Page 1 of 1