Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

It just dawned on me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

It just dawned on me Empty
PostSubject: It just dawned on me   It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 am

I know this has been discussed many times before but it just dawned on me today.

In June of this year I put a new Pirelli Diablo rear time on my 08 SWing. I didn't think much about it except that I could get more miles of safe riding with the new rear tire.

Before I replaced the rear tire I was getting front wheel wobble like many here have commented about. While riding through my little town today I noticed that I did not have any wobble. So, while riding I tested it at every speed up to 45 mph, where the wobble usually ended. I couldn't get it to wobble at all even while riding with one hand on the bars. It used to wobble so bad under 45 one handed that I was afraid that if I didn't put both hands on the bars I'd dump it. But that's all gone now and I can only attribute it to the new rear tire.

Life is good again and I can now love my little kitten like I used to... chickendance

So I guess in another 3 or 4 years when this tire starts to wear out and the wobble comes back it will be an indicator that new tires are in order. I will then replace both front and rear with Diablos.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: It just dawned on me   It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:06 am

Just curious, but are you also running a Diablo on the front?

Tim
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: It just dawned on me   It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 am

Dale N. wrote:
I know this has been discussed many times before but it just dawned on me today.

In June of this year I put a new Pirelli Diablo rear time on my 08 SWing. I didn't think much about it except that I could get more miles of safe riding with the new rear tire.

Before I replaced the rear tire I was getting front wheel wobble like many here have commented about. While riding through my little town today I noticed that I did not have any wobble. So, while riding I tested it at every speed up to 45 mph, where the wobble usually ended. I couldn't get it to wobble at all even while riding with one hand on the bars. It used to wobble so bad under 45 one handed that I was afraid that if I didn't put both hands on the bars I'd dump it. But that's all gone now and I can only attribute it to the new rear tire.

Life is good again and I can now love my little kitten like I used to... chickendance

So I guess in another 3 or 4 years when this tire starts to wear out and the wobble comes back it will be an indicator that new tires are in order. I will then replace both front and rear with Diablos.

Always a wonderful feeling to have solved a nagging problem!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: It just dawned on me   It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 9:24 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Just curious, but are you also running a Diablo on the front?

Tim

Yes. Both front and rear. The front one still has plenty of tread but will change it when I change the rear again. I think I got about 10,000 miles off the rear but I'd have to look to make sure.
Back to top Go down
biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2017-08-18

PostSubject: Re: It just dawned on me   It just dawned on me I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:16 pm

To have a bike wobble, that is the most frighting experience. Happy to hear you got it taken care of. Enjoy the kitten!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It just dawned on me   It just dawned on me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It just dawned on me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: