Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires Empty
PostSubject: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 8:42 am

My recent SilverWing experience with matched new set of IRC tires-----mounted 6-10 months ago....as of yesterday, 15,000 miles on them....front still might go 5,000 miles, rear changed yesterday back to Michelin Power Pure SC....have had good luck with them----they wear ROUND! and provide little rear wheel steering input thru-out their life....work ok for me in all conditions----useful/safe life in my hands=10,000 miles.

IRC worked fine up uo 10,000 miles---then rear got really square, ruining handling and feel for bike----Recent trip planned, to get new tire in Havre MT---shop I used in past=out of business, so continued on/reached Seattle rear still looked ok to ride on----back to Chattanooga still enough rubber to ride on. Already had new Michelin in garage---decided to let dealer change tire---prior ABS light on...maybe caused by worn splines/ wanted same Mech who fixed original problem to look at splines again and grease them. Result splines ok---relief for me.

So point here is: tires and the feeling they provide important to some people....and while SilverWing may not be the best handling scooter there is---good tires do make a difference in feeling----I guess car tire people don't care or know.
Back to top Go down
Thebreen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks for the review. anything more on the ABS light?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Computer sucks!! Second try---ABS lite stays off, system works since first check approx. 8,000 miles ago---Splines re-greased yesterday, no additional wear showing.

Put about 50 miles on new tire==fine. I use "Ride On" as balance medium. Most bike shops in US can not or do not balance 13 inch scooter wheels.

Next project---find 14 inch in right size Heidenau scooter tire, at right price.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 pm

I have my tires mounted and balanced at Larson Cycle in Cambridge, MN. I also put a bottle of Ride On in each after I get them home and before I mount them back on the SWing just for the added puncture proofing.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Good idea   tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Dale N. wrote:
I have my tires mounted and balanced at Larson Cycle in Cambridge, MN. I also put a bottle of Ride On in each after I get them home and before I mount them back on the SWing just for the added puncture proofing.

I need to add ride on too. Thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires   tires - Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent experience with matched set of IRC Tires
Page 1 of 1