Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Drive belt prices
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Long time no type I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Long time no type

Go down 
+3
DennisB
jdeereanton
mr fish
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:16 am

Hello one and all just thought i would drop by to say hi............... Long time no type Icon_smile keep up the good work and must say prefer the wing to the sv650 for everyday use..however the sv does handle a lot better now its getting colder and more slippery the wing stands up as the more practical ....

again handshakes all around
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:18 am

mr fish,

As I was looking at some older posts a few days ago I was wondering how you were getting along. Glad to hear from you - keep well.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:14 am

Hi John,

Happy to hear from you and knowing things are going well for you. Join in any time. Your input is always welcome. Long time no type Icon_sunny

DennisB
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 pm

John,

Good to hear from you again and glad you enjoy your new bike. Maybe sometime you can give a review comparing it to the SWing, in case other SWing riders may want to get a m/c. I enjoy reading comparisions between the SWing and other 2 wheelers. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down, and thanks for dropping by.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanks for the visit John. Good to hear from the crossover world!
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 6:31 am

mr fish wrote:
Hello one and all just thought i would drop by to say hi............... Long time no type Icon_smile keep up the good work and must say prefer the wing to the sv650 for everyday use..however the sv does handle a lot better now its getting colder and more slippery the wing stands up as the more practical ....

again handshakes all around

Hi there Mr Fish!

Glad to read you are doing well....

Had to smile when I read your post..... The S'wing is an amazing versatile machine but doesn't quite have that fun neck snapping acceleration of the more powerful bikes...

It took me a while but now I realize after test riding well over 20 different machines in the last 2 years, my needs as a young person in their forties are now much more different than the younger version of me in my twenties.....

I realize now, or at least suspect that a big thing for me is the over kill factor when you overtake cars....... Although my tweaked Sw'ing is particuarly suited to this especially in the urban areas, bikes and their ability to change gear do make it much more fun, and pretty much at any speed (within reason!). The occasional wheelie is also good for the soul methinks.....

But yes when its colder and the roads are so greasy its no fun finding all that extra power is leeched away when the wheel spins a tad and or steps out on a corner and you are left feeling "stressed and perturbed" not to mention cold as you gingerly ride home remaining as upright as you can going around the corners..... That's not to mention the lack of luggage space and weather protection, and dare I say shopability..... I mean I am a married man with young kids.....! It is great when you can holler at the Mrs, "Honey I am out to do the shopping!" "Take the Kids!" she hollers back. "Ah, sorry babe no can do going on the scoot!" you holler back with a gleam in your eye.....

Mind you, I have bought some decent throw over panniers on E-bay... But even with them the scoot can still carry loads more....

The way to go is to get two (or more) bikes!

Although the new dual transmission (same as the DN-01) coming out on Honda's flagship bikes will make things interesting, if you can afford them that is.....!

Anyway great to hear from you
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:56 am

Bernardo wrote:
Although the new dual transmission (same as the DN-01) coming out on Honda's flagship bikes will make things interesting, if you can afford them that is.....!

DN-01 HFT (Human-Friendly Transmission) was based on hydraulics.

The new dual transmission is based on gears. When you are in first gear, then second gear is already meshed the second clutch turns it over to second gear. The gears only shift when going from 2->3 and 4->5. The dual clutch will provide very fast shifting from 1->2 and 3->4 and 5->6 since there is no gear movement.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:36 pm

honda_silver wrote:
Bernardo wrote:

DN-01 HFT (Human-Friendly Transmission) was based on hydraulics.

The new dual transmission is based on gears. When you are in first gear, then second gear is already meshed the second clutch turns it over to second gear. The gears only shift when going from 2->3 and 4->5. The dual clutch will provide very fast shifting from 1->2 and 3->4 and 5->6 since there is no gear movement.

I see... I didn't realize, thanks for that...! So does that mean that Honda are going to embark on a new line of scooters as the DN-01 evolves, as well as auto capable bigger bikes with dual transmission.... Great as the latter sounds, lets hope it is reliable as Hondas V4 VFR engine (leastaways the original 750 and 800cc variants) cos it is sure gonna be expensive to fix if it goes wrong....
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Bernardo wrote:
I see... I didn't realize, thanks for that...! So does that mean that Honda are going to embark on a new line of scooters as the DN-01 evolves, as well as auto capable bigger bikes with dual transmission.... Great as the latter sounds, lets hope it is reliable as Hondas V4 VFR engine (leastaways the original 750 and 800cc variants) cos it is sure gonna be expensive to fix if it goes wrong....

So Honida was developing two different "automatic" transmissions ... which does not seem typical.

I was wondering if cost or the reliability of the HFT were any factor?? Otherwise how does Honda choose which transmission they will use in which motorcycle/scooter.

I am waiting to hear which transmission they will offer in the redesigned Goldwing.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:07 am

Hi Bill,

I was just about to paste a reply, when I realised that it we are going of the subject a bit and that it was worthy of a new thread, so have started another one in the general part of this forum,

Dual Tranny and the VFR 1200 .....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Long time no type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time no type   Long time no type I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long time no type
Page 1 of 1