Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motogeezer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-02-23

Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA   Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Purchased a 2005 with 1500 miles last Saturday. Believe it or not, I'm the 4th owner. The story goes that it was originally purchased by a 70 year old who rarely rode it. A neighbor tried to buy it for years and finally did. He got it back in shape, new battery, fresh fluids etc. rode it a few hundred miles and sold it to the 3rd owner about a year ago. Number 3, in his early 60's was going to ride with a bunch of his friends, but evidently they petered out, so he only logged a few hundred miles himself Sad
I'm turning 68 in a few more days. I'm currently riding a '14 April Tuono V4 which is an awesome bike. I've probably owned around 50 bikes over my lifetime. My riding is more on the sporting side, however I do enjoy traveling. I've had several 1st Gen. Yamaha FZ1's, putting 60-70k on a couple of them.
Anyway, I've always liked Maxi-Scooters and had thought about getting a Burgman. I recently tried a couple but they bored me. I decided against the Suzuki and thought maybe a Yamaha might be worth a try. While perusing Craigslist, an ad for this Silverwing popped up. I hadn't even considered a Honda, so I checked it out. The fact that it was a 600ccish twin rated at 50hp intrigued me. So I did a little reading up, liked what I saw. I contacted the owner in the ad, rode the Aprila out to his house {about 30 miles) and tried it out. Everything he said it was, great condition, with good handling and more that adequate power. Compared to the Burgmans, it has a clean, efficient take off. Near the seller are some good roads with twisties, a roundabout and topography. A good testing ground. I got it up to 105mph indicated and wasn't able to ground any parts on the curves. Got back, negotiated the price a bit, forked over the cash. Rode it home, leaving the Aprilia to retrieve the next day. So, I've got 270 miles on it in a few days, and I'm enjoying it. I blew a fork seal getting some air over tabletop speed bumps by my house Wink Ordered a new set of seals and a set of Hyperpro springs, might as well do them since the fork will be off. The Wing will be an all 'round ride for local jaunts to Daytona, Ocala, The Ozello Trail, Sugarloaf Mountain and such. I'll be taking it up to GA. NC. and TN. once or twice a year on some solo and small group trips. I plan on racking up a lot of miles on her. As soon as the parts get here, she'll be getting a full freshening. And yes, I'm keeping the Tuono, it's an awesome machine too Wink So, there you have it. I'm on Face Book if anyone would like to friend me up: James C. Lucia
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA   Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Welcome to the forum, James. Thank you for your nice introduction. I'm sure that you'll find your Silverwing more tha adequate for the rides you've mentioned.

The #1 mod on the S'Wing is changing the inadequate windscreen to a Givi AF 214 screen for adjustable height and better wind protection. #2 mod is to upgrade to variator by switching to Dr Pulley sliding weights. But you should just enjoy your new ride as it is and make whatever mods suit you...when & if it suits you.

Tim

Back to top Go down
Bairdb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2017-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA   Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Nice intro James, boy you really found a lightly used jem.
Blain
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA   Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 7:49 am

Welcome from o-HI-o. You really scored low miles and a good scoot, I thought I found a low mileage scoot, 05 at 3,000+ miles. Good tires Givi shield and new Monokey box with mounting bracket, never put on the scoot. ENJOY
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA   Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 9:43 am

Howdy from Texas!
Back to top Go down
Motogeezer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA   Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks guys! I rode 399.5 miles on it yesterday, a little over 100 this morning. She's showing over 2k miles now. Loving it Wink Taking out the Aprilia Tuono V4 tomorrow though. Don't want her to get too lonely <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA   Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Winter Park FL. USA
Page 1 of 1