Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A little more space on the seat would be nice

Go down 
+2
Kenjj50
Reg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Reg
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Reg

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2016-08-07

A little more space on the seat would be nice Empty
PostSubject: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm

It would be nice to have just a touch more space on the seat.

I googled and found this on Ebay.
Just wondering if anyone has tried it.
Seems simple. No permanent mods to the SW. Plus cheap.

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Silverwing-Reflex-Drivers-Backrest-kit-Complete-/270772988952
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm

You might want to check out the Accessories and Modifications section on this site. Lots of seat modifications and a bunch of them with photos and explanations. Just use the search function for seat or back rest or butt rest to back rest!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 8:45 am

I installed one of these kits and have never regretted it. Somewhere on here are plans to make your own from scratch. To me it was just easier to buy the kit and install it! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 am

Reg wrote:
It would be nice to have just a touch more space on the seat.

I googled and found this on Ebay.
Just wondering if anyone has tried it.
Seems simple. No permanent mods to the SW. Plus cheap.

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Silverwing-Reflex-Drivers-Backrest-kit-Complete-/270772988952

That looks like the one I bought last year on eBay. Worked fine, and was easy to install--even for a ham-fisted wrench-turner like me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Reg
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Reg

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2016-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks for the reviews GHM and Bash. Just what I was looking for.

It's a raining here today. Might just pull the stock rest and see how it feels to be a bit more back.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 11:39 am

I wrote to the seller of that ebay item. I thought I would be leaning back too much on it. He assured me that wasn't the case and if I DID find it was too far back I could just bend it forward!

That last bit didn't inspire confidence at all. If I could bend it then it can't be very strong, and in any case bending it would weaken the metal - could be disastrous without the appropriate treatment.

On top of that, all the original ironmongery and the plastic brackets are still on the seat and that takes up room. I'm 6' 3" and need leg room.

Being in the UK would have meant extra shipping charges and in total the item's price would've been doubled.

To sum up, that is why I made my own marine ply backrest. I had all the materials in my garage, so cost was minimal. If bought from scratch, I'd say £15 would cover it.

Back to top Go down
thornev
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 11:53 pm

I installed that backrest and although it does allow me to lean back and relax a little, the top of it also digs uncomfortably into my back a little. It would be better if it were taller.

Also it is not adjustable as far as vertical angle. I had to wedge a metal bar between the bracket and the seat just to get it be more upright i.e. better back support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little more space on the seat would be nice   A little more space on the seat would be nice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little more space on the seat would be nice
Page 1 of 1