Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)

Go down 
+10
Smaug
c12dat
JeffR
Donodii
RickV
frank450
masscoot
KurtPerthWA
honda_silver
DennisB
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Empty
PostSubject: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi All,

I was just looking around on Ebay and came across this little jewel of a device for setting up a momentery, flashing, brake lights.

It fully adjustable for how many flashs and the length of the flash.
Looks darn cool to me. Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Icon_sunny

This item would work well on the SWing"s brake lights. I could make this a plug and play mod for anyone who wants one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Brake-Attention-Module-12-volt-BACK-OFF-Flasher-WOW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518e7b39deQQitemZ350282791390QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Brake_module

Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Brake_module4

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a picture)
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:05 am

This looks like it is a single brake light flashing with an interesting twist to control flash rate and time.

I have the BackOff Wig-Wag on my LED lights under the aluminum wing, which allows side-by-side "Wig-Wag".

Make sure you know your local laws:

- some did not allow modification to stock brake lights, but not a problem for additional non-stock lights
- some specified how long your flashing could occur
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:59 am

WE are not allowed to flash... anywhere. darn it!!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:05 am

OK...I just rode up to the local Police station and talked to the the Sargent on duty and also talked to the local Sherif department officer about the adding a flasher to my scooters brake light system. They said it was OK all the way up to the Federal level and they are the maxium authority on this subject here in the U.S.

Now Kurt, The word "Flasher" has a whole new meaning when it come' to your day to day and I can see why it's illegal. You Old Fart. Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Fresse
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi All,

I just recived the unit in and tested it on a 12V system and it worked great. When I get it installed, I will try my hand at uploading a short video of the new brake light action.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:07 pm

I just installed the flasher on my SWing. Took about 20 minuets to get the the job done. Hears the set-up installed. I just used the stock Honda cable harness tie to secure the unit to the frame.
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Flashe11

Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Great Item Dennis! I ordered one last week and installed it over the weekend. Works like a champ, worth the $14 bucks all day. the package is small like a match book (the ebay pic makes it look larger) but small is better in this case. I hooked mine to the stock tail light and the AUX brake light I added to my top box (it operates the stock bulbs and the led strip). Like you, I adjusted it down to blink 4X and hold. Great product. I will try to add some pics today.

Good to know we are Legal right up thru the Federal regs!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Ya know $14.95 with free shipping is a steal on this item. I went on a google search and found a place that had them for $55.00 +shipping. We got a hell of a deal on this great item. Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Icon_smile

BTW this was my first time to place a movie on the forum. I hope you all liked it. Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Icon_bounce Not much of a story but one flashy ending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Just ordered 1   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 pm

from e-bay. Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Icon_cyclops Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Icon_clown Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Icon_pirat

Melanie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nice Video   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Cannot see exactly where you connected the wiring. May take my SWing to a dealer to install when it arrives:(

Melanie
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Mel,

Works great and easy install.

Ebay thread: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Brake-Attention-Module-12-volt-BACK-OFF-Flasher-WOW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518e7b39deQQitemZ350282791390QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frank450
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Can you tell me where and how you make your connections ? thanks
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Frank,

I have never felt good about cutting the stock Honda wiring harness, so I created a plug and play pigtail that just plugs into the harness connectors. If you would like one, I can make you one for $26.00 and mail it to you. All you would need to do is crimp the same color wire together. Red to Red, Black to Black, and White to White. Send me a "PM" if you want one.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Just a bump to get this brake flasher system back on top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 am

Nice job Dennis, video was good too.

Wes affraid
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm also interested in purchasing a unit - sent an email [I think].

Rick V
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Rick,

You got it... but your going to need to buy the ebay flasher that I mensioned earlier.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:58 am

OK, here's the cost stack-up for the Honda Silverwing Scooters adjustable, Plug and Play Brake Flasher System.

$15.99 - Adjustable Flasher unit, cost off EBay and Free Shipping.
$26.00 - My custom made connector.
$ 2.00 - Shipping cost for connector.
---------
$43.99 Total, shipped to your home in the U.S.

My promise to you, If you can find a less expensive, True Plug and Play, adjustable, brake flasher unit built for the Honda Silverwing Scooter, I'll match the price and shipping.
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Dennis, I would like to purchase one of the brake light kits. I was going to send a PM, but I do not have that option or an option to post new messages. Thanks, Don
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Hey Don,

Looks like the ebay seller raised his prices again to $17.99 would you want me to purchase the flasher and build the kit for you?
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Yes, that is fine. Do you know how I can get my swing account here fixed. It does not allow me to PM or create new posts. Do you know if your connector will work on the Honda VTX ? If so I would like 2 sets.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Just sent you a test PM.
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:30 am

Sorry, I do not see the PM. I have tried Firefox and Internet Explorer with the same results.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 am

Do you see the "PM" button at the top of the main page. It is in the Navagation page. So far you are the only one that has experienced this problem that I can remember. Please get back to me if you get it or not.

Thanks,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:33 am

I do not see that.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:31 am

Hi Don, I checked your profile information and setup and everything looks normal at this end. You might want to check your browser setup on your PC.
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks for the email Dennis. I sent the $$ to you via paypal. Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:47 am

Hi Don, I just put order in for your brake light flasher off ebay. It will take a few days to get in. I will email you when the kit ships.

Thank You very much. sunny
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Dennis, I received the modulator and wiring harness today. I guess I will have something to do while it rains.
Thanks again for the fast service. Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi Don,

You are very welcome. Give this a try. Open seat and on the rear inside of the trunk, open the rear, left, light access panel. The Honda rear light connector is right there. Make the connect and velcro the flasher unit to the back of the removeable left panel and make the adjustment on your flasher unit. Close her up and your ready to ride. sunny
Back to top Go down
c12dat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Photos of wire bundle ...   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Greetings to All.

This unit arrived last weekend and it took me about an hour to put it together. Here are some installation info on my 2004 scooter:

- There are 3 wires going to your brake light assembly. Somewhere along the way the 3 wire get spliced to light up 2 set of 2 light bulbs. Since I did not know where the splice was made, I hooked up the unit as far up as possible.

- Look at photo Cable1; it show the wire bundle that you need to cut into. You need to remove the left aft panel. Find this quick disconnect connector and disconnect it.

- Look at photo Cable2; identify the solid green wire (negative -) and identify the yellow/green wire (positive +). Those are the wires powering your brake light. There is another wire black/brown; that wire is power for your running light. Make sure that on your scooter the same color wires are running toward your brake light assembly.

- Cut the yellow/green wire forward of the connector in photo #2. If you turn the key to the on position at this time, your running light will be on, but if you squeeze the brake the brake light will not illuminate. Connect the red wire from the flash unit to the forward yellow/green wire. Connect the black wire from the flash unit to the yellow/green wire that is still attached to the quick disconnect.

- Splice the white wire from the flash unit to the green wire.

Turn on your key and adjust the flash rate on the unit and you are done.

I have a small soldering gun so I soldered all my wires together. It is not difficult to do at all. You can attach the flash unit to the frame using the existing zip-tie that is already there.

I hope this will help you install this unit on your scooter.

v/r
c12dat
Attachments
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) AttachmentCable1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(149 Kb) Downloaded 76 times
Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) Attachmentcable2.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(85 Kb) Downloaded 67 times
Back to top Go down
Smaug
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Smaug

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:19 pm

I just ordered one of those flasher modules from fleaBay. They're $18.95 shipped now.

I'm considering whether it is worth $28 to me to have it be plug 'n play.

From the photo above, it seems like this harness is behind a side panel just behind and to the right of the headlight cluster, as seen when sitting on the bike. Correct?

(I think my next purchase will probably need to be a service manual, hehehe)
Back to top Go down
jpabs67
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:05 pm

I just bought one of these for my swing...cost is now $19.99 with $3.99 shipping..

joe
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:41 am

I installed a double flasher i got from ebay. It flashes each brakelight individually making it a diffinite attention grabber. It is the non adjustable tube type but the flash rate is ideal. Relatively easy to install underneath the left rear housing. I recall it cost about $15 delivered .:arrow: I cant get the DennisB video to play but it appears to be a single flasher.
Back to top Go down
ScootK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Wow, just installed the mentioned eBay flasher with DennisB's plug 'n' play.
It was easy for me, and I am challenged.
Thanks for the heads up.
Works like a charm
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:43 am

Good move "ScootK",
That's one of the first accessories I put on my SWing some five years ago; was the "Wig-Wag" model and don't even remember where I got it from now.  Still, every little bit helps with the safety factor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)   Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake Light Attention Module Flasher (adjustable)
Page 1 of 1