Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Heart bypass: Best wishes for a quick recovery
by Easyrider Today at 12:22 am

» Sad day in Scootville
by bikehiker Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» New member from the uk
by nooner Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Random Exchange
by JamieB Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Guess what I saw on the Romanoffs trailer?
by Mike from NS Yesterday at 7:10 am

» start serious search for new bike/scooter
by bikehiker Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:05 pm

» Replacement Tyres
by oldwingguy Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

» front forks seem soft
by solorider-uk Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:05 pm

» November Forum Picture
by Scootypuff Snr Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 pm

» Riding in Amish country PA
by Mech 1 twa Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 Pretty, pretty horsey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 115
Location : Virginia near D.C.
Points : 1127
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Pretty, pretty horsey   Wed May 25, 2016 3:05 pm

So I think I am done with the power mods, at least for now. It is time to make her look pretty bounce
I figured I will add some color to make her look not as boring and black. I will continue with pin-striping little by little and should have her all dressed up in red pretty soon. I also ordered a set of red accented mirrors, I just hope they are not a crap quality.

Cheers,
Mad









Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2836
Age : 75
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 6729
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Wed May 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Now you've done it! You're really gonna make Razorback jealous.

As an unrelated comment, I always thought that given the right shading of black highlites, shadowing & painted rivets, a black S'Wing could suggest an attack helicopter. Say an Aussy Tiger, for example. Just say'n
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1998
Age : 53
Location : Miami, FL
Points : 6004
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Wed May 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Maybe add one of These?
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 91
Age : 65
Location : Folkston, GA
Points : 1644
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Wed May 25, 2016 6:39 pm

To each his own, of course. But TASSELS? REALLY? TASSELS? Never even knew they made such a thing. Wow! I do love the pin striping though. That's cool. But hey, I'm bringing my bike "back to black" after my grandson laid it down and I'm buying the Tupperware part by part, payday by payday. OUCH!

Are you using pin striping tape? Paint? Are there any "suggested" patterns for such a thing? I would love to do that, but I'm not artsy-fartsy enough. I will say one thing though - remember this - just when you think it needs "one-more thing" - it's done. Stop there.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1998
Age : 53
Location : Miami, FL
Points : 6004
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Wed May 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
I always thought that given the right shading of black highlites, shadowing & painted rivets, a black S'Wing could suggest an attack helicopter. Just say'n

You mean like OCC did with the Comanche bike?
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 694
Age : 61
Location : Loveland, Colorado
Points : 4255
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Thu May 26, 2016 9:03 am

If you are going to have tassels and a horse tail, then you really need to add a set of these too...

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Lighted-LED-Truck-Nutz-Bumper-Balls-Bull-Nuts-Stop-Turn-and-Tail-Light-Nutz/296904231?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984259221&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CM2M-a3m98wCFQEdaQodtUID0A
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 115
Location : Virginia near D.C.
Points : 1127
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Thu May 26, 2016 9:39 am

janitorj1 wrote:
To each his own, of course.  But TASSELS?  REALLY?  TASSELS?  Never even knew they made such a thing.  Wow!  I do love the pin striping though.  That's cool.  But hey, I'm bringing my bike "back to black" after my grandson laid it down and I'm buying the Tupperware part by part, payday by payday.  OUCH!

Are you using pin striping tape? Paint? Are there any "suggested" patterns for such a thing?  I would love to do that, but I'm not artsy-fartsy enough.  I will say one thing though - remember this - just when you think it needs "one-more thing" - it's done.  Stop there.

It is a scooter, after-all. Why not a set of red tassels. I think they fit just right. I had tassels on all of my cruisers for the past 17 years, they were black however and did not make the bikes look like a toy though Basketball

The pinstripe is made by 3M and is what used on most of the cars that have those. I don't know if there are any patterns. I guess you can always use Google. I just do freehand and make sure it is straight.

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 115
Location : Virginia near D.C.
Points : 1127
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Thu May 26, 2016 9:41 am

dspevack wrote:
Maybe add one of These?

Thank you, Dan, but I do not have a think for things sticking out of my back. I see a pattern here with you avatar thought :lol!:
But thanks for the suggestion :-)

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 115
Location : Virginia near D.C.
Points : 1127
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Thu May 26, 2016 9:46 am

The Scootist wrote:
If you are going to have tassels and a horse tail, then you really need to add a set of these too...

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Lighted-LED-Truck-Nutz-Bumper-Balls-Bull-Nuts-Stop-Turn-and-Tail-Light-Nutz/296904231?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984259221&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CM2M-a3m98wCFQEdaQodtUID0A

Thank you, sir. But the tassels are enough for me. I am relatively confident with myself as a man, as you can see from my ride jocolor  and I don't see any need to prove a point or my manhood to the fellow riders/drivers on the road affraid

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 115
Location : Virginia near D.C.
Points : 1127
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Fri May 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
...

As an unrelated comment, I always thought that given the right shading of black highlites, shadowing & painted rivets, a black S'Wing could suggest an attack helicopter. Say an Aussy Tiger, for example. Just say'n

Check out this video of some Russians and their SWing. Looks exactly as you mentioned:


Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
 
Pretty, pretty horsey
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Johnny Weir is considering a comeback
» Lawsuit against Budweiser
» Diary of a Digger News Paper Article
» NYC Marathon Race Report: Warning! It 'Aint Pretty
» I'm gonna be moving pretty soon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: