Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Getting tired of my helmet.

Go down 
+3
LDB
"Hi Yo"
SilverwingInIdaho
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Getting tired of my helmet.  Empty
PostSubject: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 7:04 am

I am getting tired of my Silver Helmet. I bought it when I had a cheap Chinese Scooter that was silver. I got a Red Honda silver wing and the helmet no longer matches the bike. Before I go and buy a red one let me run this by you guys.

I am getting some proper riding gear for the winter months. I just bought a high viz yellow green Jacket, and my new hike shoes also have the same yellow green mixed with black I plan to wear. They are heavy, lot more heavy duty then I normally wear.

None of this high vis stuff matches my red scooter. I in fact hated the candy apple red color but it was a nice bike so I bought it. I can't think of a worse color, red to have when you are wearing high viz green but it is what it is.

Since I don't match anyway should I get a high viz helmet too or stick with Red. This is an opinion based question of course. Anyway I go it's not gonna mesh well. High Viz helmet or red helmet to match scooter and let the jacket high viz do the job of helping car drivers see me?

Last edited by SilverwingInIdaho on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Getting tired of my helmet.  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 am

Absolutely!   Heck No!   Maybe?   Ok, that covers my opinion of what YOU should spend YOUR money on. Hope this helps.    Laughing Never mind, I just read your other post where you got your answer from your stepdaughter. Please ignore my helpful advice.
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:44 am

I'd go for a white helmet. It will absorb the least heat in the summer and helps with visibility even though perhaps not as much as hi viz. It also works with any color bike.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 am

I use a high-viz mesh jacket in the warm weather and a silver/grey lined jacket when it's colder. I have a high viz modular helmet, a white 3/4 helmet, and a white half helmet. Nothing black or dark in any of my riding gear. I don't think you can go wrong with either high viz or white, if you're after an increased safety presence on your bike. To me it's not about the fashion statement, it's about being seen.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Fashion?...FASHION?!... You want fashion; those Harley leatherboys with the black tassels on their grips got fashion. Ooo and chrome studs too.

Gimme a break
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Hey no need for comments like give you a break. Did I say this is about fashion? I did not. Obviously the companies put our colors for a reason.

Basically I'd like to get a red helmet. But would consider a high viz helmet too. My question: Is the high viz Jacket enough?

And look, there was no mention of my Step daughter in THIS thread why do you bring that into it? Also consider that she was choosing between two high Viz Jackets NOT this situation.

Feel free to try again minus the rude comments.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: this pretty much says it!   Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:00 pm

bigbird wrote:
I  To me it's not about the fashion statement, it's about being seen.

I would say (and wear) the same thing.

The helmet has to fit, and the visor needs to be clear. I am a fan of hi viz yellow green. Winter gear needs to be comfortable. I would consider electric gloves as well.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Any other color I would agree but red and high viz is MORE of a clash then any other scooter color I can think of.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 pm

I prefer white helmets, cooler in summer and people tend to slow down to make sure you're not a cop. At least when I was on my GW they did. I think the two antennas on the back of that bike also added to the effect. I don't want to impersonate a cop but anything that make one stand out helps reduce the possibility of an "I didn't see him" type accident. I had head and tail light modulators on my Silverwing. Those do help a lot with being seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting tired of my helmet.    Getting tired of my helmet.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting tired of my helmet.
Page 1 of 1