Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

anyone used stop n go tire repair

Go down 
+7
Dale N.
exavid
Art
Greysilver
john grinsel
Cookie
razorback
11 posters
AuthorMessage
razorback
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
razorback

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-01-31

anyone used stop n go tire repair Empty
PostSubject: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 am

Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:12 am

I've used one a couple of times. They do work well. It's best to wait a couple of minutes after pulling the stem with pliers to seat the head before you cut the stem off. This is because it retracts a bit after stretching it and if you cut it straight away the cut end might retract a bit more and end up below the surface of the tyre.

I think I prefer the 'wiggly worm' type but there's not a lot to choose between the two methods.

I would use a pump rather than the CO2 cartridges though. I used cartridges once and the CO2 seems to be very intolerant of temperature changes - my pressure varied wildly all over the place afterwards until I let it all out and re-inflated with normal air.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 am

last flat---screw in tire/ did not work---by time I demounted tire for inside repair----just decided on new tire.

I always carry pump and various cheap repair kits.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks for the post. This looks like a good system more so having watched the video.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:15 am

I just use the same tire plugs I use on my car tires, they work well, and don't cost near as much
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:10 pm

I carry a 12V compressor and a regular tire plug set. I've also used the orange plastic screw in tire repair plugs. I still have a couple in my bike's kit. I had to use one last year when I got a screw in the rear tire of my 650GT. The thing worked well, I just unscrewed the metal screw in the tire, screwed in the plug and broke off its handle. I'd intended to use the patch just for a day until I could get a replacement tire but my dealer was out of stock. I ordered a new set of tires but ended up riding on the patched rear tire for a bout ten days. That was one time I was real glad my bike has a tire pressure monitoring system. The plug held and lost no air during the week I had it in my tire. Very quick and easy to install too, no tools needed. I only consider a plugged tire as an emergency repair for a motorcycle but one can get you home.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Victor-Automotive-60204-8-Tire-Repair-Kit-Plug-Go/40667634
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:46 pm

That Stop N Go looks like a neat system. I've use the string/worm type on several automobile tires before with no problems. I might just have to pick one up to have just in case...
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 1:51 pm

What I have learned is that you need a screw on connection for the CO2 cartridge. I wasted two cartridges while using a hand held inflation device.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 7:26 pm

AA man used this to repair my puncture in rear wheel. It got me home, but next day was totally flat. With surprising ease, I pushed the plug into the tyre.

I cleaned the hole with alcohol and used rubber glue and the sticky worm type kits. Covered around 2,000 miles with no loss of pressure but I now carry a small 12volt compressor and the sticky string/worm type repair kit.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 8:39 pm

I've never considered a patched tire anything but a 'get home' temporary fix. No problem with a car but on a motorcycle I won't ride any farther than necessary. I've had a sudden flat years ago and don't want to repeat it.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Depending on the size and location of the problem I've used string, plug and prayer. I prefer a dismount and use the inside out patch plug style, bought from NAPA. You can get them in different sizes.
Back to top Go down
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:19 pm

I recently used the Stop-and Go kit to repair a nail hole in a rear scooter tyre. It was a Sunday out with my Club and happened about 80Ks from home. The rubber mushroom took about three goes to finally insert properly - practice makes perfect ! I also carry a mini 12V compressor. These items have been carried regularly (unused) on rides out for about 21/2 years and I'm glad I packed them on this occasion. The repair initially had a very slow leak but seemed to bed-in and become leak-free after 20-30Ks. Anyway, it got me home and is maintaining pressure 5 weeks after the event.For peace of mind, regularly riding at 100KPH+, I will fit a new tyre though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone used stop n go tire repair   anyone used stop n go tire repair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone used stop n go tire repair
Page 1 of 1