Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
robavi
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-02

variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? Empty
PostSubject: Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing?   variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Does anyone know the front weight of the Silver Wing.  I would like to purchase a Dingy still towing that attaches to the hitch allowing me to connect the front of the bike, leaving the rear wheel on the ground and being able to pull behind my car. I done searches and can't seem to get my answer regarding the front weight of the bike.  I hope someone knows.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing?   variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Not answering our question----but before you waste you time.....SilverWing transmission/drive line not designed to be flat towed!! Want to be a trailerBiker=get a proper trailer that lifts both wheels off ground
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing?   variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 2:43 pm

John is right. The clutch bearings are only grease lubricated. This is fine whilst the disengaged clutch is spinning for shortish periods of time whilst e.g. idling, but they aren't designed for constant spinning and I would imagine that towing with the rear wheel on the ground would just cause them premature wear.

When riding the Scoot, the clutch is 'locked up' and so the bearings aren't doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing?   variator brand  weight rollers sliders - Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does someone know the front weight of the Silver Wing?
Page 1 of 1