Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)

Go down 
+3
NWSSC
Cosmic_Jumper
janitorj1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) Empty
PostSubject: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 5:10 pm

🚬

Yesterday, against my better judgment, (which was later verified by my wife) I allowed my 16 year old grandson to "take a spin".  In order to avoid a small dog, which survived (unfortunately); but to my chagrin, he put the bike down in the ditch.  Came running home WITHOUT the bike, bleeding from some road rash on the ankle and knee.  Needs several plastic body parts (Grandson does too) - just can't seem to find a good source for them.  I'm out in the country, 50 miles from most anywhere, just want to get them mail ordered and on the way. Even knocked up the Givi Box some too.

YES I learned my lesson - I'm sure he did too.  Death to Fido.

05 Swing, non ABS. Got it used, it came bright yellow. Not exactly a factory color as I later found out.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Never was a yellow Silverwing so you are going to be hard pressed to get a color match. Partzilla.com has some very attractive replacement part prices. I'm not sure what the original color of the '05 is, but I do know that an '04 is kind of silver. So if you order light color panels then it may be easier to spray over a color to match.

You can also check for panels on eBay --panels fit all years, only difference is color.

Tim
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) Today at 5:10 pm    Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 11:24 pm

Never mind the yellow body body parts this should be a lesson for all. I hope you gave a special thanks to the Good Lord. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 11:52 pm

welcome Jon welcome to the forum. It would be nice if you went Here and introduced yourself.  Then you'd get a proper welcome from the forum members. I'm glad to hear your grandson wasn't hurt badly. Your scooter can be fixed a lot cheaper than your grandson, and less painful too.
I think Tim is right about looking for parts on eBay, the year don't matter. You're going to be painting them anyhow so why spend for brand new parts. 
If you want to learn about your Silverwing and if you plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:01 am

Check out the price of new parts before going to eBay. That way you won't overbid, I've seen lots of used parts on eBay go for more than new. Motogrid, Honda Direct Line and Partzilla are all good sources of Honda OEM parts.

http://www.motogrid.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=HOM

http://www.hondadirectline.com/OEMpartfinder.htm

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Scooter/parts.htm
Back to top Go down
cerve137
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 3:34 pm

I've had great luck with bike bandit.com Excellent experience every time and reasonable to boot.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 6:14 pm

When ordering OWM parts I check two or three vendors prices. They will vary, one might be cheaper for a given part than another. Look up a different part and the higher priced place for the first part might be lower. Also watch out for shipping charges, they vary quite a bit depending on who you're ordering the parts from.

I just checked Bike Bandit, Motogrid and Partszilla for a red (150U) right side body cover for a '04 Silverwing. In that case Partzilla was $20 less than Bike Bandit and about $15 or so less than Motogrid. I didn't compare shipping costs so that might make a difference. I've done business with all three of those and Honda Direct Line. I prefer Partszilla for their customer service if anything goes astray or arrives damaged.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 7:38 pm

If you can find out the location of the vendor, that helps with figuring in the cost of shipping. I'm here in SE Michigan and get my parts from www.servicehonda.com since they are in Hammond IN. and very often have a lower cost for parts. Sometimes though, www.cheapcycleparts.com/ out of Clarksville IN. has a better deal when considering shipping cost for me. http://www.bikebandit.com/ on the other hand has higher prices typically than a lot, if not most other Honda parts vendors that I've encountered. And they are in Calif. So it often makes sense to buy closer to home if you can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)   Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mail Order Body Parts (the "tupperware" ones)
Page 1 of 1