Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sidestand Helper

Go down 
+3
Meldrew
hotwings
dspevack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks to the NM4 forum I found these items which have never been mentioned here.

Black KiWav Motorcycle Kickstand support

Orange KiWave Motorcycle kickstand support

SafeTkick Motorcycle kickstand support

People often use various things of their own design for this,
but here are three items actually made for this purpose.

If you like, you can tie a fishing line or something to it and the other end to your handlebar when in use, so you will never forget it.

Dan
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I've had one of those for some time now. Found it on ebay while looking at motorcycle accessories. Think I paid around $5 for it delivered. I got the bright orange one so it catches the eye and don't get left behind.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 6:56 pm

They've been around for donkeys years, I've got a couple of them that were freebies because they have advertisers logos on them. They're just a lighter cheaper version of the square of scrap alloy diamond/checker plate I was given at a MZ rally back in the 80’s.

There's even two-piece metal versions you can buy now for the many BMW GS's and other adventure bikes. They slip onto the side stand like a shoe and are secured by screws, so you always have a broader footprint when you put the side stand down.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 2:05 am

It isn't so much you need a lanyard on one to prevent forgetting it but to be able to pull it up once you're on the bike. Otherwise you'd have to gather it up before getting on the bike which would be awkward to say the least.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 8:54 am

exavid wrote:
It isn't so much you need a lanyard on one to prevent forgetting it but to be able to pull it up once you're on the bike. Otherwise you'd have to gather it up before getting on the bike which would be awkward to say the least.

Exactly! I made one myself and use nylon twine for this purpose. I actually use it more on the Goldwing as usually I put the SWing on center stand. But handy to have in any case. I also got one (plastic ) from an insurance company at a show, but prefer mine as it is metal!
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 1:54 pm

I was given one free in a goodie bag from the MSF course I took. A crushed soda can will work as well.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 3:10 pm

For sure, just last evening I found and squashed a 7up can to put under the side stand of my K1100LT in my gun club parking lot.
Back to top Go down

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 pm

If you ever buy boots from a Red Wing store, ask them for one and if they still have them they will give you one.
Back to top Go down
roboclock
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:37 am

I cut a thin piece of Stainless steel sheet metal the exact size to fit under the gas cap cover, it's about 2x4 inches and lays nicely in place just below the gas cap. Tried 1/8" alum but the cover didn't close as well. Attached the string to one of the philips heads screws for easy retrieval and rap the string around the gas cap.
Back to top Go down

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm

In a pinch you could probably pull out that panel just in front of the seat and use that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sidestand Helper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidestand Helper   Sidestand Helper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sidestand Helper
Page 1 of 1