Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bernardo, I need some info please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Bernardo, I need some info please Empty
PostSubject: Bernardo, I need some info please   Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm

Hey Bernardo,

I was wondering where you got those wind/leg shields on your SWing? I have seen those before but can't remember where. Can you tell me what they are called or how someone can buy a set. And do they work fairly well? One thing I wish was different on the SWing is that the footboards were a bit wider. Thanks for any info you can give me?
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Leg guards   Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:20 am

Hi Jeff,

I must admit I'd always thought they were part of the stock bike and not added bits, until I saw some bikes without them.

The "leg guards" where already on the scoot when I bought it, so don't know anything about where they came from, or how expensive they are. They seem to work real well enough though, and deflect the airflow well. I only noticed this after riding other scoots that didn't have them, and at high speed you could feel the wind tugging a bit at your trousers. I think they make the biggest difference when its cold.... I stick wear mesh armour trousers, even in the in the winter. If it gets really cold I wear warmer trousers underneath, or just put a thin pair of waterproof over trousers over the top.

At the top part they seem to be stuck on for the most part with some kind of glue, and one plastic rivit, also another rivit at the bottom. Bearing in mind my scoot is a 2003 and has always been a working scoot, (previous owner commuted in London, about 10 miles a day, all year round) I think in the past it's been knocked over, and bashed around a bit. The very bottom of the guards where they are very thin have had an inch or so snapped off, and you can move the lowest two inchs left around with your hand as this part presumably didn't have any glue...... But it doesn't seem to matter, they don't rattle or anything, and the top bit to about 75% of the way down is still solidly attached to the fairing.

Thyey are made from quite brittle black plastic, and one day in the summer after a long motorway ride, I notice one of them had been hit by a stone and had fractured in that area with a few raised edges and some starring. I was able to push it back into shape with my hands, and a bit of super glue has fixed it.

Hope this helps
Bernardo
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Bernardo, I need some info please   Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Bernardo,

Thanks for responding. I have seen those on a couple of SWings before but never asked. I will try to search a bit harder on the web. I think they would be great to have though. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernardo, I need some info please   Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:54 pm

JeffR

In my surfing I've checked out some UK sites and it seems that those leg guards/deflectors are a Honda accessory. They also seem to have a really good selection compared to Canada. The site, if it works, is:

http://www.doble.co.uk/content/pdfs/accessories/08/silverwing.pdf

Assuming its OK to post said addresses? Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernardo, I need some info please   Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:16 pm

patching broken plastic was mentioned. on an earlier forum someone mentioned mixing super glue and bicarbonate of soda to make a good patching compound. i haven't tried it but wonder if any of you have.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Bernardo, I need some info please   Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Captain wrote:
JeffR

In my surfing I've checked out some UK sites and it seems that those leg guards/deflectors are a Honda accessory. They also seem to have a really good selection compared to Canada. The site, if it works, is:

http://www.doble.co.uk/content/pdfs/accessories/08/silverwing.pdf

Assuming its OK to post said addresses? Question

Captain,

Sorry for not responding to this post of yours. It seems we are getting a lot more posts the last few weeks and I haven't done as good a job responding. Thanks for posting the link and I really like the top box and mount they sell over there and the leg deflectors. I may think about ordering the deflectors. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernardo, I need some info please   Bernardo, I need some info please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bernardo, I need some info please
Page 1 of 1