Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?

Go down 
+2
JeffR
DaveR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? Empty
PostSubject: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:21 pm

What is the most miles one has seen on a Honda Silverwing 600?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Dave,

Hawkeye3guns just joined recently and is helping his son repair this SWing that has 172,000 miles.  I have heard of a couple of SWings with 120,000 miles, or so, but never one with this many.

If John Grinsel would keep a bike until it dropped he would probably set a record since he ride 30,000-40,000 miles a year. But 172,000 miles is really amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Oscar K
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Oscar K

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 2:37 pm

I knew nothing about the Swing until I recently researched maxi scooters.  I tried the Swing and the Burgman 650. I preferred the Swing, lighter weight and size. The thing that made my mind up was owners with high mileages for example (booey) with 152000 miles and another with 200000 miles. That's reliability,  I also read the Burgman can destroy gearboxes.
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi DaveR
As said above my sons 2002 Swing is now finished and has a documented milage of 172,483 miles, Now she's finished all we have had to do is:-
Replace the drive belt and rollers
Replace rear brake disc pads
Replace / fit reconditioned rear brake caliper.
Replace Rear Brake master cylinder.
And clean / repair most of the panels and I resprayed them to original colour.
The engine is all original and runs as sweet as a nut.
Ive attached a photo of her now she's finished in the introduction section under Hi from Grantham, Lincs UK.
regards Denzil
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 4:46 pm

I keep scooters to max. 50,000 miles....then trade. My present reg, Feb 2014 has 22,000 miles and I plan to ride it out to 50,000. Other 6,000 miles or so done on my Suzuki TU 250this year

My opinion---SilverWing will run at least 100,000 with proper maint.----rubber band drive is most expensive part as miles pile up. I always get urge for new bike---but 50,000 or so works fine as I would rather get/spend on new bike=something different
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:19 pm

John,

I have to say that you do ride your bikes. Didn't you ride 49 states this year with your ride to Alaska? The is a lot of riding. You should be commended.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 9:13 am

Hear, hear! Tip o'th hat to Mr Grinsel for his 49 state ride.

Tim
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 12:07 pm

I have 47,500 smiles on my 2005. I have replaced the belt twice tires of course and brakes but so far nothing major. I like it and I do not baby it. I ride the speed limits etc. In Wyoming just next door to us on interstate the speed limit is 80 mph. You just have to experience it to believe it! Great bike and I would recommend it to anyone who like's two wheels. It may be classified as a "scooter" but it will really scoot!
Thanks to all of you on this forum for answering all of our questions.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 7:22 pm

hawkeye3guns wrote:
<>my sons 2002 Swing is now finished and has a documented milage of 172,483 miles<> Denzil

I'd sure like to know more about the miles laid down by your Silverwing. Those total miles are almost double that of any other reported total miles. That's either a whole lot of vacation travel, or a torturous daily commute.

Tim
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:18 am

Hi Tim
Bike was first registered 06/07/2002 in bristol , UK
First MOT  07/07/2005 is missing but it seems from reciepts that the owner did a lot of touring around south europe.
Second MOT on 31 /07 2006 @96,471 miles in Bedford , UK.
Third Mot on 31/07 /2007 is missing, but reciepts put bike still in the Bedford area.
Fourth MOT on 23 / 07 /2008 @113,750 miles in Coventry, uk.
Fifth MOT on 08 /07 / 2009 @ 118,422 miles in Coventry, UK.
Sixth MOT on 18 / 05 / 2010 @ 134,853 miles in Coventry, UK.
Seventh MOT on 18 / 04 / 2011 @ 149,719 miles in Coventry, UK,
Eight MOT on 19 / 03 / 2012 @ 163,245 miles in Coventry, UK.
Ninth MOT on 19 / 02 / 2013 @ 172,375 miles in Coventry, UK.
Bike involved in a accident and dropped at low speed damage to a lot of the panels only, but due to age and milage the insurance declared bike the bike a cat "C" write off, (replacing panels with new will cost more than bike estimated value).
Bike is sold and new owner replaced panels with old second hand panels. and then put the bike bike on the road,
Tenth MOT on 08 / 08 / 2014 @ 172,500 miles in Wigan, UK.
My son bought the Silverwing on 16 / 09 / 2014 and I have since stripped the Swing fully down and checked it over and then rebuilt it with repaired panels and resprayed it in original colours, The Swing is now in my opinion back to a "as new" conditiion except for the milage.
Contact with the previous last 3 owners indicates the engine has always been serviced and oil changed at 2,000 mile intervals so that is proberly why the engine has lasted so long, and still pulls so sweetly.
The bike (including my son) has had a total of 5 owners from new, but in appears that the first owner is the one that put most of the miles on her.
regards Denzil.
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:21 am

Hi TIm just seen a typo error last MOT should read 172,400 miles not 172,500, sorry
Denzil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?   What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the most miles seen on a Silverwings odometer?
Page 1 of 1