Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Found a Swing odometer hack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RazorbackUofA

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-04-23

Found a Swing odometer hack Empty
PostSubject: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Found it by accident, fueled up and a few miles down the road i noticed my odometer had not moved, i always reset trip miles when refueled, even tho i have since fixed my gas gage, so stopped to have a look everything else was working fine, and then noticed my hand brake light was on, my cup in its holder blocks out some lights on the cluster. i had not smelled brakes and looked at it, apparently when i released the brake at the gas station it hung on the last peg enough to not make the light go out.

looks like the brake light on cluster indicating hand brake on for some reason also stops the odometer, i chked it 2 times to make sure.

even tho most folks would not want to stop the odometer, and in some states its even against the law.

just thought i would share.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Shocked Regretfully I have had my senior moments and ridden off with my parking brake too many times. I discovered that same issue too and posted it here several years ago.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 1:20 am

It's not better just different but the parking brake on my GT (yeah, yeah, I know, Meldrew) comes on whenever the side stand is deployed. Not a chance of having the bike roll off the stand. On the other hand the parking brake on the Silverwing might deter someone from trying to steal it since it's well out of site.
Back to top Go down
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RazorbackUofA

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 9:41 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Shocked Regretfully I have had my senior moments and ridden off with my parking brake too many times. I discovered that same issue too and posted it here several years ago.
cheers

ok so where is the Auto pilot button? farao
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 2:05 pm

RazorbackUofA wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
cheers

ok so where is the Auto pilot button?  farao

OMG - I getting so old that I forgot about the auto pilot button. I need to re-read my owners manual.  :lol!:
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 3:45 pm

You know you're getting old when you step off your bike without putting down the side stand.

Don't ask.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 5:36 pm

exavid wrote:
You know you're getting old when you step off your bike without putting down the side stand.

Don't ask.

I did that in my drive the other day. The scoot went down and fell on my other bike. A bruised ego and a broken mirror head on the SWing was the only damage.

I did hear of a guy that returned home from a ride on a winter evening. He turned into his driveway and went down on some ice into his motorhome followed by his Jaguar then the bike smashed into his garage door. Imagine the claims forms to fill in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found a Swing odometer hack   Found a Swing odometer hack I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found a Swing odometer hack
Page 1 of 1