Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:44 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

power commander for swing

Go down 
+7
model28a
GaryL
dspevack
Chia KK
Bernardo
JeffR
honda_silver
11 posters
AuthorMessage

power commander for swing Empty
PostSubject: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:47 am

hi all anyone got a good site that has one in stock and i good smoth map for it please thanks ad
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 am

adammetselaar wrote:
hi all anyone got a good site that has one in stock and i good smoth map for it please thanks ad

In the US $259.00 http://fuelmotousa.com/power_commander.htm ... not sure about the UK.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 pm

That's where I got mine too. Hopefully they will ship it over to you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:38 am

adammetselaar wrote:

Hi Adam,

Try E-Bay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DYNOJET-POWER-COMMANDER-PCIII-USB-HONDA-ALL-MODELS_W0QQitemZ230368676234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item35a30b098a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That however wasn't the same company where I got mine.... I will have a look through my stuff for the company that sold me mine I think it was about £230.... They did PCs for loads of bikes. You will need an O2 sensor thingmy though as your S'wing is quite new....

Though buying from the States, even if you get stung for tax is still probably gonna be cheaper

And tell you what, take me out and show me a good time, I'll email you copies of my maps, including one for a standard set up...

By "good time" I mean a pint will do... so don't get no funny ideas now!!

Bernardo
Back to top Go down
Chia KK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi folks,

Anyone installed Power Commandor for Silverwing 600, year 2002 model.

The PC similar to Sw year 2004 and above model? Please advise

Thanks

Warmest regard,
Chia
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Chia KK wrote:
Anyone installed Power Commandor for Silverwing 600, year 2002 model.

The PC similar to Sw year 2004 and above model? Please advise

Before I got my Power Commander, I called Dynojet and asked why the Silverwing only listed 2004 and above ... they said it was simply a testing and cost decision.

I remember reading several pre-2004 Power Commanders installations.

I believe Dan Spevack's Silverwing was pre-2004.

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 pm

I have a 2003
Back to top Go down
Chia KK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Dear Dan Spevack,
Can you recall, during your PC installation you had facing any problem?
Thanks

Dear Bill,
Thanks

Warmest regards
Chia kk
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:10 pm

I never face installation problems. I let the mechanic do it.

In all seriousness, The only thing unusual I remember is that when we got the unit it didn't specifically say it was for the silverwing. We had to call Dynojet and verify it. It was the right part.
As far as I know, it was a pretty straight forward install.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Chia KK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your inform

Warmest regard
Chia
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 am

Chia,

When I installed my PC it was very easy. The instructions that came with mine were 1st class. What I did to help give me more than enough room to work was to remove the seat. It is very easy to do this and only takes maybe 5 mins.

To remove seat:

1) Remove the cotter pin at the top end of the shock (that keeps the seat up) and then just let it fall down.
2) Remove the 4 screws/bolts from the very front of the seat and then just lift the seat off the bike.
3) You then remove the larger plastic piece that the instructions show how to remove. This is where you will install the connectors to the PC as the PC itself will rest in the space where the tool kit goes.

Other than this just follow the instructions as I thought they are 1st rate instructions and it took me maybe 1/2 hour just because I was making sure all was right.

When you have all this off you might want to adjust your idle if you need too. But it is a very simple install and you don't need to remove the seat but it gives much more room to work and makes things so much easier. Good Luck and I'm sure all will go just fine.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 am

There is a small area under the seat in front of the main compartment that was for a small tool bag that came with the Silverwing in happier times. This is a perfect place for the power commander.

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:49 pm

The toolkit isn't there anymore?

I feel lucky that I got the set (along with some dust and cobwebs) in my used 2002.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:01 pm

A toolkit came with my 2009 SWing.

Consisted of blue plastic pouch, two piece screwdriver, spark plug wrench, two open end wrenches, and a 5mm hex wrench (I think that's all, but I haven't looked at it recently)

Last edited by GaryL on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add contents of tool kit.)
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:06 pm

A toolkit came with my 2008 S/Wing, also the manual in a clear plastic bag.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:27 pm

The only thing that came with my 2008 was a blue, plastic, tool bag and a 2 piece phillups screw driver and the owners manual. Had to buy the rest of the tools. Some kinda Honda money making deal suspect. Suspect
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:28 pm

My toolkit is just a screwdriver, of some type, and a socket of some type. My PC fits in the place with the tool kit. It is held in place with the rubber band that also secures the tool kit.
Back to top Go down
Chia KK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:41 pm

From JeffR,

When I installed my PC it was very easy. The instructions that came with mine were 1st class. What I did to help give me more than enough room to work was to remove the seat. It is very easy to do this and only takes maybe 5 mins.

To remove seat:

1) Remove the cotter pin at the top end of the shock (that keeps the seat up) and then just let it fall down.
2) Remove the 4 screws/bolts from the very front of the seat and then just lift the seat off the bike.
3) You then remove the larger plastic piece that the instructions show how to remove. This is where you will install the connectors to the PC as the PC itself will rest in the space where the tool kit goes.

Other than this just follow the instructions as I thought they are 1st rate instructions and it took me maybe 1/2 hour just because I was making sure all was right.

When you have all this off you might want to adjust your idle if you need too. But it is a very simple install and you don't need to remove the seat but it gives much more room to work and makes things so much easier. Good Luck and I'm sure all will go just fine.

Dear JeffR,

Noted, thanks for your valuable information.

Dear JeffR and Cosmic Jumper,

May i ask yours personel options, PC (SGD 700 with custom map) and Dr Pulley V4 Hit Clutch( SGD 550), which is more worth it for money?

Currently, I m think of try out PC or Dr Pulley V4 Hit clutch mod? Which mod should try first, if i want better performance and fuel consumption? Appreciate yours can give some advises to me.

(Remark: SGD=Singapore Dollar, Exchange rate 1USD to about 1.3SGD)

Thank you

Warmest regards
Chia

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm

[/quote] Dear JeffR and Cosmic Jumper,

May i ask yours personel options, PC (SGD 700 with custom map) and Dr Pulley V4 Hit Clutch( SGD 550), which is more worth it for money?

Currently, I m think of try out PC or Dr Pulley V4 Hit clutch mod? Which mod should try first, if i want better performance and fuel consumption? Appreciate yours can give some advises to me.

Chia [/quote]

Since I don't have a PC yet I'm not able to offer a 'bang for a buck' comparison.

The V4 HiT Clutch works extremely well in reducing the efficiency losses of the transmission.

The PC allows you to tailor fuel injection program map to vary the fuel injection timing and quantity.

The PC is considerably less expensive than the HiT Clutch.

Tim

Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:36 pm

I don't have the clutch so I can say anything there. I have the PC with the euro map and I saw about 4-5 mpg improvement when I drive the speed limit. When I ride fast and aggressive I don't think much helps really. But if you are wanting better mpg and can afford the PC and the dyno...that would probably give you the best mpg's.

I'm thinking of having mine dyno'd next spring to have it dyno'd more for mpg. If I want the power I can just put the J-Costa in when I want power. If power is the most important thing for you at this time there isn't anything that can compare to the J costa. The 21g rollers/dr pulley sliders give a lot of performance but the J. Costa is better, just a heck of a lot more expensive.

But if you do what Dan did...PC, Leo Vince exhaust, and a dyno you will get about 5-6 hp and a heck of a lot more torque.
Back to top Go down
Chia KK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:35 am

Hi JeffR and Tim,

Again,

At transmission part,
I had installed Malossi Harder Clutch spring (Yellow type) and Dr Pulley Slider 21gram. Performance improve but FC drop from about 19-20km/litre (with original 28g roller and original clutch spring) to about 16- 17 km/litre. So, with V4 Hit clutch, generally the FC will improve how many percent?

At Fuel system,
I had installed LeoVince with K&N air filter. So, PC with custom map, generally, performance will improve about 10%?

Thank you

Hi All,

Please advice,

With my present mod (Malossi Harder Clutch spring (Yellow type) and Dr Pulley Slider 21gram), when i accelerate full throttle from stop, I feel transmission system "slip" at torque spring area(the big spring) or rear variator but not the front variator and clutch shoes area. Anyone can verify this?

Anyone had installed Malossi torque spring(big spring) and heavier roller weight,>28g. Please advise the FC, performance and driveability.

Thank you

Warmest regard
Chia
Back to top Go down
Boudioue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Boudioue

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-03-02

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 am

Hi !

This is the first time I hear about PC and I wondering whether it is worth installing it or not.

First of all I'm looking for power (to burry TMaxs -just joking Rolling Eyes ) and I got JCosta variator for that cheers ! (I love cannonball starts !)

MPG is not my priority, after all, one gallon is only 8.4 USD in France affraid

So my questions are simple :
-Does PC delivers real additionnal power (with Leovince, jcosta and maybe soon K&N filter in a drilled(or not) air box?
-Is it possible to gain power and lower MPG or is it impossible to do both ?
-Does PC affects reliability ?
-Is there any benefit I didn't catch yet (considering i'm 0 in mechanics) ? JeffR wrote : "it really makes the engine just 'purr" along" but I'm not sure I understand what he meant, is it only a feeling with the noise of the motor ?

Thank you for your answers ...

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:14 pm

I also have the holy scooter trinity: Leo Vince, J. Costa and PC.
I got 6 more horsepower, better pickup, smooth consistent power
throughout the band, all dyno tested and tuned.
I also have the K&N, undrilled.

It is always possible to gain horsepower and lower mpg ::GRIN::
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 am

The only thing that came with my 2008 was a blue, plastic, tool bag and a 2 piece phillups screw driver and the owners manual. I asked the dealer about the tool kit, thay said that was it. So when I sold my Goldwing trike, I kelp the tool kit from it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power commander for swing   power commander for swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power commander for swing
Page 1 of 1