Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

new from SE texas

Go down 
+4
model28a
JeffR_
powpilot
madwolf33
8 posters
AuthorMessage
madwolf33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-11-12

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:37 pm

I just bought a 2009 silverwing brand new last week in Dallas don't know how one almost 5 years old never got sold but I got it because it was only 4K with 2 miles on it. fell in love with it and now looking for people to ride with.

Last edited by madwolf33 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Welcome ... where abouts in SE Texas??

Gary
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Welcome to the site and congrats on your SWing. Even though there are only 2 miles on it you may want to change your oil and final drive oil. Tell us how you like it when you get to ride it.
Back to top Go down
madwolf33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:22 pm

powpilot wrote:

Gary
Beaumont texas
Back to top Go down
madwolf33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:28 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
Welcome to the site and congrats on your SWing.  Even though there are only 2 miles on it you may want to change your oil and final drive oil.  Tell us how you like it when you get to ride it.
thanks it was all changed before I picked it up. but thanks. been checking out windshields and them givi windshields what do you guys think would be better. the factory one seems to be about 3 inches to short for me. the wind hits be right in the eyes and lifts my helmet
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:33 pm

I have had the stock shield, XL Clearview with vent, Givi standard, and the Givi Airflow...and the Givi Airflow in my opinion is the best. Givi gave me a Givi Airflow to review and I have that review on the site. It is a bit more expensive than the Clearview w/vent but it was my favorite shield. I have a pictorial on how to replace the windshield here that will show you how to change any windshield. The Airflow is adjustable as well so it is nice to have in hot weather since you can either just take off the top section or just lower it so you get a nice breeze.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:47 pm

welcome applause Wow that's about the best deal I've heard of. I've seen people pay more for used ones. Even though I already have two Silverwings I think I'd buy that one if I would have been offered that kind of deal.
You didn't say if this is your first scooter or bike but I'm sure you will enjoy it. The Silverwing is a big scooter with a good bit of power so take your time getting used to it.
I've posted the three links below a lot lately but I'll post them for you because they have lots of good information in them. The links will tell you most anything you may want to know and if you can't find what you need in them we have a pretty good search here and of course you can always just ask and someone will try to help. Also if you're going to do your own work on your new scooter I think a service manual is a must have. I have the Givi Airflow windshield and I think it's the best one out there although some like the Clearview w/vent that Jeff mentioned I'm sold on the Givi Airflow.   
Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Again welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web.
                                                                             welcome
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:59 pm

I forgot to mention your tires are probably going on five or six years old so I'd keep an eye on them for cracking or any signs of dry rot. I've had tires dry rot on my electric trike just sitting in my garage without being out in the sun. I don't know if it was from the heat or just the age but it's something to watch out for.
Back to top Go down
Regio
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Regio

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-04-25

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:57 am

Hello SE Texas and welcome!
Back to top Go down
madwolf33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 5:00 am

model28a wrote:
welcome applause Wow that's about the best deal I've heard of. I've seen people pay more for used ones. Even though I already have two Silverwings I think I'd buy that one if I would have been offered that kind of deal.
You didn't say if this is your first scooter or bike but I'm sure you will enjoy it. The Silverwing is a big scooter with a good bit of power so take your time getting used to it.
I've posted the three links below a lot lately but I'll post them for you because they have lots of good information in them. The links will tell you most anything you may want to know and if you can't find what you need in them we have a pretty good search here and of course you can always just ask and someone will try to help. Also if you're going to do your own work on your new scooter I think a service manual is a must have. I have the Givi Airflow windshield and I think it's the best one out there although some like the Clearview w/vent that Jeff mentioned I'm sold on the Givi Airflow.   
Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Again welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web.
                                                                             welcome
my ex brother inlaw was at a Honda dealer in dallas when it came in while they was looking at something not sure what it came up in a conversation. they told him he could have it for 4500. so he called me and I told the guy 4700 was all I have to my name. so he dropped it to 4000 plus TTL and that gave me cash to go get it. so I paid him over the phone and my ex brother in law brought it to his house and I picked it up there. no this isn't my first scooter I have road bikes my hole life but always liked the way scooters looked and ride. I still have a jonway YY250T scooter and love it but top speed is only 70 and you have to hold it wide open forever to get there.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
new from SE texas 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:22 am

sunny sunny welcome sunny sunny That's a great deal!!! Careful holding that S'Wing wide open. Smile
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 am

madwolf33 wrote:
powpilot wrote:

Gary
 Beaumont texas

I lived in Beaumont 14 years and think of it as my hometown. Although we have been gone for many years now. Hope it's warmer there than here in El Paso ... 29 degrees this morning as we pack up the household and prepare for the move to Benbrook this coming Monday.

Gary
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 7:10 am

Welcome from Dallas.  Bought my 2012 in Dallas at Al Lambs Honda for $7,000 (OTD) in August and really like the bike.  The 2009 is basically the same as a 2012.  Great price. This is a great site with lots of info. I agree with changing the final drive and engine oil. Take a look at the break fluid also. I changed my final drive oil just for grins and disassembled the final drive housing just to see how things worked in there.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 7:37 am

Welcome madwolf33.

I bought my 08 SWing in April of this year from my sister in FL and trailered it back home. I paid her loan off for $1200 and gave her $500 cash to help her out a bit. It had just under 19,000 on it when I bought it and the previous owner put a new drive belt on at 17,700 miles. Nope, she didn't ride it much. It tipped over on her a couple of times in her driveway and she got a bit paranoid thinking what if it happened while riding it. She's 71 and couldn't pick it up by herself so she quit riding it.

It had been sitting under a tarp for about 2 years when I got it so I'm planning on putting a new belt on it and a set of Dr. Sliders just to be on the safe side. The tires had good tread on them but were weather cracked a tiny bit so I replaced them when I got back to MN. I had to replace the battery because it was stone dead and wouldn't take a charge. While waiting for the battery to arrive I hooked up jumper cables from my pickup just to see if everything lit up and worked. Then I thought, "what the heck" and tried to start it with the 2 year old gas that was in it. It turned over about 3 times and fired right off and purred like a kitten with no smoking. They must have non-oxygenated gas in FL. Up here in MN we have it so I put SeaFoam in all my gas cans and a couple of ounces about every third or fourth tank of gas in the SWing. I also changed the oil, filter and final drive oil. Now that we've had about 15" of snow up here and it's now 0 degrees I kind of think my riding days are over for a couple of months. But that gives me time to order and install the belt and rollers and be ready for next season.
Back to top Go down
madwolf33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:28 am

just wanted to let everyone know I still love my silverwing. I now have just a little over a 900 miles on it but its been COLD here the last month. but wanted to let you know I surprised my best friend in the world and myself a couple weeks ago. he has a 2014 electra glide. and had been giving me heck over my scoot. but he showed up and said lets go for a ride so I loaded up and we took off. I knew what he had planed. so when we hit the main road I knew he was going to open it up. and sure enough he did. I could hear him shift and I stayed right with him and when we hit the on ramp we was running about 105 mph but as soon as he got in the right lane he let off it and I had to go around him or run over him. LOL don't get me wrong I think I was pretty close to being topped out and know he had lots more to do but 0 to 105 I hung right with him.
Back to top Go down
madwolf33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:31 am

Dale N. wrote:
Welcome madwolf33.

I bought my 08 SWing in April of this year from my sister in FL and trailered it back home. I paid her loan off for $1200 and gave her $500 cash to help her out a bit. It had just under 19,000 on it when I bought it and the previous owner put a new drive belt on at 17,700 miles. Nope, she didn't ride it much. It tipped over on her a couple of times in her driveway and she got a bit paranoid thinking what if it happened while riding it. She's 71 and couldn't pick it up by herself so she quit riding it.

It had been sitting under a tarp for about 2 years when I got it so I'm planning on putting a new belt on it and a set of Dr. Sliders just to be on the safe side. The tires had good tread on them but were weather cracked a tiny bit so I replaced them when I got back to MN. I had to replace the battery because it was stone dead and wouldn't take a charge. While waiting for the battery to arrive I hooked up jumper cables from my pickup just to see if everything lit up and worked. Then I thought, "what the heck" and tried to start it with the 2 year old gas that was in it. It turned over about 3 times and fired right off and purred like a kitten with no smoking. They must have non-oxygenated gas in FL. Up here in MN we have it so I put SeaFoam in all my gas cans and a couple of ounces about every third or fourth tank of gas in the SWing. I also changed the oil, filter and final drive oil. Now that we've had about 15" of snow up here and it's now 0 degrees I kind of think my riding days are over for a couple of months. But that gives me time to order and install the belt and rollers and be ready for next season.
great hope you have fun with it. I found people to ride with in Houston but not around Beaumont yet. thinking about making a F/B page and call it scooter riders in south east Texas
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
new from SE texas 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:26 am

madwolf33 wrote:
I found people to ride with in Houston but not around Beaumont yet. thinking about making a F/B page and call it scooter riders in south east Texas
If you look under "Riding" and "Regional" on the main forum page, you will see a couple of countries have attempted to organize [UK and Texas]. Not much luck with those hooligans from Texas, but maybe you can get something going. Good luck. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new from SE texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: new from SE texas   new from SE texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new from SE texas
Page 1 of 1