Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bonjour de Quebec (also)

Go down 
+3
JeffR_
model28a
alain59
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alain59
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Bonjour de Quebec (also) Empty
PostSubject: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:04 pm

I bought my Swing 2005 this year after a trip to Italy. There is so many of these beauty over there. I drove 5000km (3000 miles) since July 1 and we're in love with it. We're planing a 2000 miles trip for next summer.
Thanks you for this forum where we can have so many information on so many topics.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Welcome to the best SilverWing forum on the internet. Follow this link and if you do your own work on your scooter almost everything you may need to know can be found here. The search here works pretty good too. And you can always ask for help and you will usually get plenty of answers fast. Also a service manual is one of the best tools you can buy.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Welcome to the site and congrats on your Swing. As Roger said, there is a lot of good info and people here on the site.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I've always wanted to scooter tour Gaspe' and Charlevoix. But it seem that unless your are with a 'commercial' tour group or riding along with a Francophone then no one in those parts is willing to reply in English. Yeah, yeah, I know, the Quebecois are duly proud of their French heritage, but isn't Quebec supposed to be bilingual like the rest of Canada?

Tim
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

I've always wanted to scooter tour Gaspe' and Charlevoix. But it seem that unless your are with a 'commercial' tour group or riding along with a Francophone then no one in those parts is willing to reply in English. Yeah, yeah, I know, the Quebecois are duly proud of their French heritage, but isn't Quebec supposed to be bilingual like the rest of Canada?

Tim

The can of worms has been opened, Tim.
I have found that when in Quebec, if you as a visitor at least attempt to start the conversation in French, the Francophones will willingly shift to English for you. However, open in English, and you will be ignored.
It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:23 am

Parlez-vous anglais My sister taught me this, is that enough?
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:07 am

Bienvenue, Alain59. Welcome to the forum. Lots of SW owners who know your bike really well. Can't go wrong hanging out here.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:41 am

model28a wrote:
Parlez-vous anglais My sister taught me this, is that enough?  

Hopefully it's enough to break the thick Quebecois ice.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 am

Welcome alain59. Great site here.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 6:16 pm

bigbird wrote:
The can of worms has been opened, Tim.
I have found that when in Quebec, if you as a visitor at least attempt to start the conversation in French, the Francophones will willingly shift to English for you. However, open in English, and you will be ignored.
It is what it is.

Oops! Thanks, Terry. I stand corrected and enlightened. But I thought that it was duck that came in can in Quebec. Just let one of them guys show up here in Philly trying to order le Steak Fromage though...
Wink
Back to top Go down
alain59
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Tim

Last June, my wife and I spent 2 weeks in Italy. We were in Tuscany . In the village we were most of our time (Sovicille, near Sienna), no one spoke French, neither English (OMG!!!) Shocked … and guess what…we survived and came back with the best souvenirs of our life. People were friendly, showing us some italian words and within few days, my wife (who doesn’t speak a word in Italian nore English) was able to order her ‘’caffe, letche calde‘’ (coffee with warm milk)…

For your information, in Gaspésie, there’s many villages where peoples live in English cheers , and many others where peoples speak only French but will do their very best to help you cheers cheers . If you want to get back home with some special souvenirs, just learn how to say ‘Bonjour’ and you’ll realize that almost half the ‘Quebecois’ are bilingual (or as me, try to be).
And please, please, don’t tell me that you would miss a wonderful trip to Paris, Rome, Prague or else because of the language!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour de Quebec (also)   Bonjour de Quebec (also) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonjour de Quebec (also)
Page 1 of 1