Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bonjour from the Bayou

Go down 
+4
jdeereanton
Opalsboy
DennisB
skydad99
8 posters
AuthorMessage
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Bonjour from the Bayou Empty
PostSubject: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 am

Hey All.
I'm Richard from Louisiana. I'm an old f**t of 73 and a retired airline pilot(still fly my own). I used to ride bikes when I was a young kid in my 20's and 30's. Two of my sons and my son in law have bikes(Harley and 1300 Shadows) and I bought a Reflex last year to ride with them. Out on the highway, the Reflex is really being "pushed" at highway speeds, so I bought a Silver Wing about a month ago. Mine is a 2003 with ABS. The Reflex, which also has ABS, is fun to ride but the SW is exciting to ride. Plenty of power and speed for me. I have also already experienced the light left on because the seat didn't latch down properly and have removed the bulb to keep this from happening again. My SW has a Clearview with the vent and I don't care for it so am ordering a Givi today. I looked at a 650 Burgman before deciding on the SW. The SW just "sat better" in my opinion. I thought the Burgman felt a little top heavy. Of course the Honda reputation for dependability and long life entered into my decision as well. I look forward to participating in these forums.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi Richard,

Welcome aboard the forum. Enjoy!

DennisB
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello and welcome Richard... for an "old f**t of 73" you are pretty intelligent. Gathering information before making a decision is showing wisdom some younger folks sometimes don't demonstrate. You will not regret your decision. You will be able to ride with the Harleys and the Shadows and learn to smile. Shear enjoyment is just something to smile about.

Gary

Last edited by Opalsboy on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Hello and welcome Richard... for an "old f**t of 73" you are pretty intelligent. Gathering information before making a decision is showing wisdom some younger folks sometimes don't demonstrate. You will not regret your decision. You will be able to ride with the Harleys and the Shadows and learn to smile. Shear enjoyment is just something to smile about.

Gary

Thanks, Gary. I usually procrastinate a lot before making a decision. On our last ride together, it was just cruising easy to ride with them on a 57 mile jaunt. I actually think I could outrun my son's Harley Soft Tail if I wanted to, but I have speed limited myself.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Richard,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your participation.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Freedomjerr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Welcome   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Richard,

Welcome to the forum. The Silverwing is a wonderful machine.

Jerry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:50 pm

skydad99 wrote:
Mine is a 2003 with ABS. ... My SW has a Clearview with the vent and I don't care for it so am ordering a Givi today.

Hi Richard. I have a '03 Swing. Make sure to have it checked, b/c there's a recall on some of them, for problems with the gas tank.

Also, I have an extra large Clearview with a vent, and I used to have a Givi. Depending on what you don't like about the Clearview, you might want to consider ordering from CeeBailey instead of Givi, which is a very large windshield.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Hello and welcome from :union jack:
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Welcome aboard Richard. Enjoy the Swing, and the forum.
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 am

Emeskay wrote:
skydad99 wrote:
Mine is a 2003 with ABS. ... My SW has a Clearview with the vent and I don't care for it so am ordering a Givi today.

Hi Richard. I have a '03 Swing. Make sure to have it checked, b/c there's a recall on some of them, for problems with the gas tank.

Also, I have an extra large Clearview with a vent, and I used to have a Givi. Depending on what you don't like about the Clearview, you might want to consider ordering from CeeBailey instead of Givi, which is a very large windshield.

I don't like the Clearview with the vent because at highway speeds it bends back a lot and I just don't like it so close to my face when it does that. Reminds me a little of a dull plastic knife.. I ordered the Givi this morning, but not from Givi and will then have the Clearview for sale. It is scratch free.
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:47 am

Thanks to all for the welcomes. Man, this is a great site!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Skydad,

Don't forget to check about the gas tank on your '03.

M-
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks a lot. When was that recall issued? The guy I bought it from really kept his bike up, so probably, if there was a recall, it was taken care of. The way I look at things, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Richard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 pm

Richard,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Congrats on your SWing and I'm sure you will really like it. I have had mine since March of '07 and have 24,500 miles on it now and it has been flawless. You may be like some of us and start to put accessories or mods on it. I have a Clearview too with the vent and mine flexes alot too at interstate speeds. So I bought a Givi like you did.

Here is a site that has all the recall info on many scooters, so you should check it out:

http://scootertrap.com/SilverWing600.htm

Post some pics of your bike and your rides when you get a chance. Just go to the "Album" and create your own folder and start putting pics there. Again, welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am

JeffR wrote:
Richard,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Congrats on your SWing and I'm sure you will really like it. I have had mine since March of '07 and have 24,500 miles on it now and it has been flawless. You may be like some of us and start to put accessories or mods on it. I have a Clearview too with the vent and mine flexes alot too at interstate speeds. So I bought a Givi like you did.

Here is a site that has all the recall info on many scooters, so you should check it out:

http://scootertrap.com/SilverWing600.htm

Post some pics of your bike and your rides when you get a chance. Just go to the "Album" and create your own folder and start putting pics there. Again, welcome.

Thanks, Jeff.
I started an album. Thank you for the link to the recalls. My scooter was built after the dates shown for the ones affected.
Richard
Back to top Go down
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:47 am

Miro wrote:
Welcome to the forum

Thank you. I've been through your city several times on my way to Oshkosh. In fact, I left me plane tyhere one time sionce Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, and Appleton were all full with no room left.
Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour from the Bayou   Bonjour from the Bayou I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonjour from the Bayou
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: