Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS

Go down 
+2
bigbird
SilverFeather
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverFeather
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-08-10

Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS Empty
PostSubject: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Please could someone provide me with a colour wiring diagram. My manual is on order from my local Honda dealer but will be here in two weeks.

There is a hole where my storage light should be and 2 wires that have been cut off by the previous owner. I am assuming these are for the trunk light, however I would like to confirm this and purchase the Civic switch light so i can manually turn it on and off.

If someone could be kind enough to take a few pictures for me that would be great.

TIA
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:07 pm

I will send you an email with the instructions how to get the whole manual from me.
Back to top Go down
SilverFeather
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks BigBird.Saved me a lot of hassle! Top bloke!
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:25 pm

To be honest, I found the position of the fitted light to be useless. Anything pushed to the rear of the seat space blocks the light. Better to fit a stick-on LED light to the bottom of the seat, so illuminating the whole area from above.

sunny 
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:46 pm

SilverFeather wrote:
There is a hole where my storage light should be and 2 wires that have been cut off by the previous owner. I am assuming these are for the trunk light, however I would like to confirm this and purchase the Civic switch light so i can manually turn it on and off

How much nocturnal rummaging about under the seat (trunk?  Rolling Eyes ) are you planning to do to warrant the purchase of a switchable light? It'll still be useless whatever you fit because as Colin B said it's right at the rear of the storage area and the light is easily blocked by anything that's back there. The previous owner probably realised that the interior light was a potentially battery flattening waste of space, cutting wires was a bit harsh when all he has to do was remove the bulb.

By all means fit that switchable Honda interior light and I believe it's from an Integra not the Civic, and buy a LED light too you'll need in in the dark to find that light switch!   Smile
Back to top Go down
SilverFeather
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Chances are I will never use it, however the fact that someone has botched something on the bike is not how I like things.

All my bikes when worked on are done as close to OEM spec as possible and attempt to maintain originality to some degree unless being upgraded. There is a gaping hole there with two unaccounted for wires. So i am merely reinstalling a light with a slight upgrade that should be there.

The light from the Integra and Civic are the same.

I'm sure I will not need a light to find the switch, the beauty of spatial awareness  Wink 
Back to top Go down
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Getting back to your original question, the two luggage light wires are Light Green and Green. If you think this light position on the Swing is not ideal, my '02 T-Max has this item at the BOTTOM of the underseat space! How silly is that?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 am

I've just had a thought (rare but not without precedent) - one could put a socket on the wires and have a 12V lead-light arrangement to plug into it.
I'll leave you to imagine how it would function. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS   Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colour wiring diagram for early non-ABS
Page 1 of 1