Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Scoot wentover in storm

Go down 
+4
sctr199
Cosmic_Jumper
dspevack
MajikalJoe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-06-18

New Scoot wentover in storm Empty
PostSubject: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:00 am

Hey guys still new here and after those storms blew thru on Friday my Brand New 13 with it new Honda cover on went over on her left side. It was on the side stand and guess the cover acted like a big sail. So when the adj comes out I like to have a price in my head what the (OEM prices) would be, but cant seem to find a 2013 parts catalog with numbers to get a ball park price. it took out the frt panel with a break all the way thru at the windshield, that panel come up and broke the panel that the left glove box is and cracked the I guess the dash on the very left hand bottom corner also the the left side rear body part that has the silverwing name on it. Any hope is very much appreciated.

Joe
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 am

Why go thru all that.
Let your adjuster figure out what parts to replace including part numbers.
Then you can go online to any number of sites and price the parts yourself from his list.

Consider though where you intend to have the work done.
Some places refuse to do the work if you provide the parts.
Remember they want to make money too,
and since its not coming out of your pocket, why not let them?
Builds good will at no additional cost to you.
I can understand if there is several hundred dollars difference that you can save by getting your own parts if they are okay with that, but there is a value to your time, effort, and stress too.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:31 pm

You can use Partzilla for pricing information, but they only show listing up to 2012. While the prices should be the same for your year, the body colors will be different.

+1 what Dan said

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Scooter/2012/FSC600A+AC/parts.html
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news, but if there's a deductible on your insurance policy, that's all you should be responsible for no matter how much it costs to fix. Why get worried about it?
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:47 pm

+1. Presuming it's insured, just put the deductible together and don't worry about what stuff costs. Just worry about where the work is done so you can be sure it's done well and done properly.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:52 am

Good luck with the repairs! Next time though, put the beast on its center stand BEFORE putting cover on. Much more stable that way.
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks guys for the input it's just I have my first long trip next week (500+miles) was just looking for the parts to do it ourself and also to see what the adj (geico) will offer. As for the center stand it seem I don't have enough a** to get her up I can do it if I was changing oil but really didn't think it would ever go over like that. Have read a few things on here as to how to extend the step down.

Thanks again
Joe
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:24 am

Aw. come on Joe, South Jersey is so flat that golf ball wouldn't stop rolling until it hit the ocean. So you shouldn't have that much trouble putting the scoot on the center stand.

Just pull up on the side rail as you stand on the center stand arm.

"Oh there are no hills in Jersey
There are no hills at all
So if ever you take a spill
You haven't got far to fall"

Tim
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Nice Tim I will have to remember that the next time my little 135lb a** is trying to get out of some Micky Dees parking spot :lol!: Maybe I will have to wear my weight belt when I ride No 

Joe
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Back in 2009 an 89-year old lady cut me off on my '02 Swing, I ended up laying it over on the left side. The windshield got broken and the front cover got road rash despite Fehling crash bars. It had a set of aftermarket passenger floorboards on it which left a furrow in the road for about 30' but saved the left rear side from any damage other than a scrape on the Givi E52 trunk. I also had Geico, and the adjuster came over to my place, assessed the damage on her laptop and wrote me a check on the spot minus my deductible. I ordered the new front cover from Servicehonda.com and a new windshield and fixed it myself & bought a new tv with the $$ I had left over.

If you don't have a shop manual, I highly recommend you get one before you start any repairs.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:07 pm

I just became a center stand parker, thank you for sharing this illustration. I hope all this gets fix, just like new. Sorry for your predicament  Sad .
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:58 pm

One thing that needs to be said. The Silver Wing is pretty heavy (about 550 pounds) and IMHO the side stand is too short by about an inch so lean angle is too far (again my opinion). So I usually use the center stand in most situations...even on my 900 pound Goldwing. Do the GW a couple of times and the SW just flies up on the center stand  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Yes, GHW it does. I have many miles on a G Wing and the S Wing does lift very easily (in comparison).
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:54 am

Well thanks SCTR199 heard form Adj last nite and it might take 2 or more weeks till he could see me, sometime about hail damage in our area last month so I guess I will have to patch it up and head out on my trip and go form there. Hey maybe there is a drive in center I can get to on my route. I really don't know why I have so much trulbe getting that girl to stand upright but my two boys that live close to say there going to get a trike setup if I keep calling them over to help Shocked  Shocked  I know I've sick and seem to have lost a lot of weight and muscle but nothing is going to stop me form that cross country trip have a boy in Ft. Bliss El Paso and will get there.
Thanks Guys
Joe
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Have a safe trip and please tell your boy thank you for his service from another forum member.
Back to top Go down
Chris Olson
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Chris Olson

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:00 pm

We just got in from making a 1488 mile lap around Lake Superior. Wow, sorry to hear about your scoot tipping over in the storm. I must say I'm not overly impressed with the Silver Wing's side stand, and can also sympathize with sometimes not being able to get the bike up on the center stand.

When we toured on our GL1500, with both bags and the trunk fully loaded, plus even one of the bag liners stuffed full of junk and lashed to the luggage rack on the trunk, the bike was too heavy to get up on the center stand most times. We never stayed in motels - always tent when we go touring. Lots of times there's not a solid place to park the bike in those campgrounds. I always carried a 6 x 6" piece of 1/2" thick UHMW poly that I used for a pad under the side stand.

We were camped for the night in Mitchell, SD in like '97 on our way to Sturgis when the tornado went thru there at 2:00AM. We were at the KOA campground east of Mitchell. The tornado went thru downtown and caused I90 to be closed the whole next day because a good portion of the town was laying in the freeway, including the roof off the motel. There was 80 mph straight line winds in the campground, along with torrential rain. We stayed fairly dry in our tent, although it took a severe beating from the wind. We were camped next to a couple riding a BMW R80. We had our 'Wing on the side stand resting on that piece of plastic. The couple next to us put their Beemer on the centerstand.

The next morning there was not a single Harley left standing in the campground, and that BMW had also tipped over. Our GL1500 was still standing, although the plastic pad had sunk in a couple inches in the soft ground.

This is an old scan from a photo taken in the late 90's sometime and you can see the piece of plastic under the side stand. Has worked well for us for years:

New Scoot wentover in storm 92_GL1500_3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Scoot wentover in storm   New Scoot wentover in storm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Scoot wentover in storm
Page 1 of 1