Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 4:33 pm

» New member from Europe
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Riding home from work in a horrific storm.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Riding home from work in a horrific storm. Empty
PostSubject: Riding home from work in a horrific storm.   Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Hey All,  

Just thought I would share my adventurous ride home from work last Friday  evening Aug 30th.

First I would of been home about 4:15-4:30 and would of missed this storm but instead I took my father-in-law grocery shopping after work.  I did this because Bob and I were leaving for a camping trip to SW, WI for the Labor Day weekend on Sat.

When we left the grocery store the sky to the north was getting pretty ugly.  I got my father-in-law home left there about 5:40.  Looking pretty dark.  I wanted to get home so I could get ready for the weekend.  What a mistake!  I should of stayed there.  It was about 7 miles from my house.  All city driving.  I got about 3 miles when the wind started.  It was gusting up to 60 mph. Dust every where.  Then the rain and hail started.  I thought OMG!  I got to get off the road. Between the wind gusts and the rain coming down sideways I was doomed.  I pulled over into a gas station behind two Harley's under the awning/island roof.  Got me out of the rain.  Stayed on the bike, was afraid it would of blown over.  Stayed there about 20 minutes till it let up.

Proceeded to make my way home through the streets of Chicago.  Downed trees, branches, power lines, flooded streets etc...  When I did get home a little over and hour later usually a 25 minute ride. We had a half of our neighbors tree in our front yard.  Thank God it did not hit the house or any cars.  

That had to be the worst weather I have ever ridden in.  But I managed to get off the road and home without incident.  I had an angel looking out for me.

Last edited by CathyN on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar.)
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Riding home from work in a horrific storm. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding home from work in a horrific storm.   Riding home from work in a horrific storm. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Two day ride to Sturgis about 15 years ago. Rained all the way there with 2 REAL bad thunder storms. One ride in N.E. Ia. with high winds & tornado sirens. I always carry rain gear. On a ride to N. Mn. I had to stop and buy warmer clothes a couple times. Mad 
Back to top Go down

Riding home from work in a horrific storm.
Page 1 of 1