Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rain gear recommendations

Go down 
+15
jcctx
Greysilver
Chilliwing
"Hi Yo"
LDB
JeffR_
MikeO
bikerboy
jdeereanton
Colin B
john grinsel
dspevack
Meldrew
model28a
Cosmic_Jumper
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 5:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not wanting to hijack the "Do you scoot in the rain?" thread, but on a related subject, maybe it's time to have a rain gear discussion.

Now if you are a Chicken Little and run home at the first hint of rain then this discussion probably isn't for you.

So for those of use who do ride in the rain, what do you wear...what rain gear do you feel in the best? Given the legendary dismal weather in the UK it will be good to have the input of our fellow rider from there.

What kind of foul weather gear are you all wearing?

Tim
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Rain gear   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:43 pm

We have carried a 3/4 rain cover(in a pouch) attached to the Givi platform on the back of our S/W for years but never thought about covering the wing when we were in Monument valley in Utah. What a mistake,red rock dust in everything including the battery box. Howard NWSSC
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:34 am

dspevack wrote:
1.  Radio & TV Broadcasting
2.  Film Production Technology (Movie Making)
3.  Photography
4.  Business Administration

5.  For my AA I have the elective credits to declare it in both Theatre and Psychology.
But you can only get one AA. Otherwise I'd have 6 degrees.

In the American college system, 12 credits or less is considered part time.
18 credits is considered a full course load in a given 16 week semester.

I set the state (and I believe the national) record with 46 credits in 1 16 week semester.
6 days and nights of classes per week on 3 different campuses.
During the spring/summer semesters (6 week or 12 week courses) I was able to get in 29 credits. (another record).

69 Credits are required for an AA or AS degree. I have I think a couple hundred+.
Its been awhile since I've been in school.

In the first 3 degrees + theatre, many of the required courses were elective courses on the other degrees, so I worked the system.

By choosing to be self-guided, I avoided the guidance counselor system. Staff didn't figure out what I was doing until 10 weeks into the 16 week semester.  By the time they did, I had a track record for doing well in all my courses, so they allowed me to continue.  After that, they had their computer program rewritten to flag for review anyone taking more than 21 credits.

But......We're getting off topic. Back to raingear recommendations please.
So are you a taxi driver or are you in the fast food industry  Razz ?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:29 am

NWSSC wrote:
We have carried a 3/4 rain cover(in a pouch) attached to the Givi platform on the back of our S/W for years but never thought about covering the wing when we were in Monument valley in Utah. What a mistake,red rock dust in everything including the battery box.   Howard   NWSSC

What exactly has this got to do with rain gear? If you're going off topic I'll play along too. I've had a couple of scooters including my Silver Wing covered in bright yellow pollen dust blowing about in areas where there are many large fields of Rape, or Canola as I think you call it in the US. It's especially bad in Northern Germany in the Spring and it coats everything. I'm sure there are areas of the UK where it's a problem too.

It's a nuisance but it's easy enough to wash off with a sponge and a couple of buckets of cold water as I'm sure that red dust will too, I was the red rock states of Arizona and Utah last year and there was much less red dust about than the yellow pollen in the places I mentioned.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 10:23 pm

I have Tour Master waterproof mesh gloves and boots, and they seem to work well
As a bonus, they actually fit my wide feet and big hands (very rare for moto gear) the gloves might have lost a bit of effectiveness from being burned on the exhaust of my S40, and the right boot might be less waterproof after the lowside on RR335 (or was it 337? I think we rode the 'sisters backerds)
I had a set of Frogg togs, too, which worked well until the pants got melted my my exhaust pipe on the S40 (i think I see a pattern here)
my First gear mesh jacket is fairly watertight, too, when the liner is in, aside from the melted spot on one arm from the exhaust on my S40 (pattern seems real)
I may need armor plated riding gear Laughing
I still have the Frogg toggs jacket (it hasn't met my exhaust pipe yet)
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:23 am

Art wrote:

Perhaps asbestos rain paints are in order??? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:56 am

GHM-PM wrote:
Art wrote:

Perhaps asbestos rain paints are in order???    jocolor
and jacket
and gloves Laughing
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Meldrew will be needing his deep-sea  raingear as many parts  of his current city are flooded as are many parts of his previous home in Cumbria, I hope you are coping and are safe Meldrew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain gear recommendations   Rain gear recommendations - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rain gear recommendations
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2